It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby Jr "fall guy" for the vice pres.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
is Libby taking it for the team? or is he been forced to? it takes some one with more power to know about undercover CIA than a secutary. this is statering to smell like water gate

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes. The lowest man on the totem pole goes down. I'm sure them folks in Washington are celebrating even as we speak.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yup, obviously wouldn't be Rove or Cheney taking the wrap, no matter how much they were involved...the first thing I thought when I heard that this Libby was indicted was "fall guy"

I dont know what to think, on one hand you have all these recent political Republican scandals, a few major ones here in OH and I'm glad that it's being brought to everyones attention but on the scale of things I tend to think it really doesn't matter much, these criminals are going to have their way regardless.

BTW, I'm not just an angry democrat, they are all the same to me, both major parties have been hijacked, it's a big joke, and it's on us.

[edit on 10/28/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
is Libby taking it for the team? or is he been forced to? it takes some one with more power to know about undercover CIA than a secutary. this is statering to smell like water gate

From what I've seen/heard, he got caught in a lie, whether it was an intentional lie or just forgetfulness we will find out when he's tried.

Libby didn't have to "take one for the team" because "the team" hasn't been indicted for anything to do with leaking Plame's identify. He's being indicted for giving inconsistent testimony to the grand jury.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhelt100
He's being indicted for giving inconsistent testimony to the grand jury.

I'll admit it, I haven't followed the recent news on this so what exactly was he giving false testimony about?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JKersteJr
I'll admit it, I haven't followed the recent news on this so what exactly was he giving false testimony about?

I don't know the specifics either. What I have heard is that there were discrepancies between what he told the grand jury and what was found in his personal notes which he disclosed upon request. I'm at work right now, but I'll do some research and see what I can find when I get a chance.

EDIT: Here you go... Source:www.usatoday.com... x.htm

The indictment accuses Libby of lying to a grand jury about how and when he learned about Plame's identity in 2003 and then told reporters about it. The information was classified. It does not charge Libby with actually leaking the information. If convicted on all five counts, Libby could face up to 30 years in prison and $1.25 million in fines.

There is a lot more detail in the article, but that's the jist of it. I'm not really sure why the left is celebrating this so much, it's an indictment of a minor figure on charges that aren't related to the Plame leak. Plus, from what I'm reading in this article, this is likely the end of it.

He said the investigation was largely completed, but added: "We're not quite done." ...However, he cautioned reporters not to jump to conclusions and noted the grand jury's term had come to an end.

I don't want to "jump to conclusions" but this makes it look to me like there aren't going to be any more indictments. Seems like a waste to spend two years and God only knows how much taxpayer money on an investigation that only indicted for a crime that didn't even exist before the investigation.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by rhelt100]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is also being duscussed here:
Sooooo... Scooter Gets Fired Today, Right?

Please post your comments there.
Closed.

new topics

top topics

join