It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil Workers Given Fake Flu Shots!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In BayTown, Texas last week, upto 1000 ExxonMobil employees were offered and given what they thought was this year's flu vaccine at a health fair. Little did they know that today there is a federal investigation into just what was in the syringes that was used.

ExxonMobil spokeswoman Treacy A. Roberts said Thursday that the FBI told the company that what was administered "definitely not the flu vaccine."

ExxonMobile used an outside agency to administer the vaccine. The names of the doctors as well as the agency involved are being withheld due to the federal invesigation

Authorities say ExxonMobil workers got fake flu shots

Wow! You would have thought that ExxonMobil with all the billions that they have at their disposal would have ensured that such would not have happened. Now they are going to be liable for this.
Just how do you know if the shot that you are given by a clinic or your doctor or anyone else is what it is supposed to be?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If it wasn't the flu vaccine I wonder what is was that the employees got injected with?
And Why?

[edit on 10/28/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is the question of the day.
Is it another case of a "watered down" vaccine as the news story added at the bottom?
Or is it some other (untested) vaccine like the US troops were given when they were being deployed for the Gulf War?
Or something else?

Only time will tell (hopefully)

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe thats where Exxons 80% profit increase came from: Fake flu vaccine...

Or maybe they injected raw crude into their veins to dispose of oil so they can continue to claim an oil shortage so they can take the last few pennies we have?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I didn't see anything in the article about it "being watered down'. The only comment that I heard about it was, "it definetly wasn't the flu shot." Our company offers flu shots free of charge, they claim it saves them money in the long run through increased attendence. It seems awfully odd.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
From the bottom of the news article:

In May, a nurse in Minnesota, Michelle Torgerson, pleaded guilty to dispensing a drug without a prescription, admitting she used diluted vaccine left over from an earlier clinic and pocketed the cash when she gave college students shots at $20 each.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I didn't know there was already a thread on this topic. Wow, very scary! It doesn't appear that they have determined exactly what was in the vaccines yet. Even if they were "just watered down" and don't pose a harm in that regard, it makes me wonder what other ways a person might cut corners with vaccines to save cost and commit fraud. Thank you for posting the story, and please provide any updates if you come across them!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just a quick update:
The local fox news show was reporting that it is believed that the syringes only contained "purified water", but they were not sure. Sorry, but I have just checked their web site and did not find a link.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Who CAN you trust in this day and age?

Everyone's out to make a buck. I think the sources of this "vaccine" should be put to death with a vaccine i could whip up in my kitchen.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
so, somone went with a cheap product offering to make extra money.

why all the hub-bub ?

I mean its wrong, but its not a medical conspiracy or anything, jeesh

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its fraud. They dont know what they were injected with. Its mental suffering.
IT IS A BIG DEAL.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Also remember, that it is only thought to have been purified water. It could have been anything!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Also remember, that it is only thought to have been purified water. It could have been anything!

What proof does anyone receive that the vails actually
contain the desired vaccine at the time it is administered
to individuals. Everyone takes it "on faith" that the
pharmaceutical companies arent putting an alternate
substance in place of the intended vaccine.
The individual that exposed the contaminated
vaccine would be viewed as a threat within this
community. Why? They are revealing security fractures
inside the pharmaceutical and health care industry.
Public statement that its only "purified water" certainly
is an attempt to crush knowledge of or any future
release of factual information from specific individuals
at manufacturing sites. Logic dictates that at a later
time, news publications be it television, news papers
magazines will state: "a honest mistake was made
during manufacturing" to ease public worries.
It is common knowledge that mistakes are made in
the everyday manufacture of medicines. Placebos
and incorrect substances can result in delays in
curing a patients medical problems. With unexpected
"side effects" with no progress made in resolving
known medical problems.
My own take on this situation is that its not necessarily
done for financial gains but by the minimum wage
employees at the companies themselves. Mislead by
management, bad research, medical insurance
influencies on pharmceutical development etc.

Without disease nobody makes money!

Attu Bosch
Alaska

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just re-read a news article from a couple of days ago about this vaccine. For some reason this story is really affecting me. I found a couple of paragraphs disturbing to say the least, especially the part about the person "pricking" his finger while filling the syringes! I am so happy that a nurse blew the whistle on this one:

Fake Flu News
But Hermina Palacio, head of the Harris County health department, recommended that people who received the shots get tested for blood-borne pathogens such as the AIDS virus and hepatitis B and C...

A nurse hired by the company to give the shots notified the FBI after noticing some irregularities, Rosenberg said.

The nurse, who was not identified, told authorities that she thought it odd that company employees did not know about lot numbers used to track vaccines. The nurse also became concerned when a Hawa employee said he had pricked his finger a few times while filling the syringes, and not to let the doctor at the health fair examine the syringes, according to the FBI.

It sure sounds like to me that the employees may have been placed at a health risk other than just not having protection against the flu when they thought they did have protection.

new topics

top topics

join