It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[UFO Video] This is definantly not a hoax...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just came across this video. It is interesting to me because it is in day time and you can see the environment around the photographer. This is defiantly not a hoax, there is 'something' over the trees. It's not a plane, what could it be?

Video
(EDIT: Right click to save, then watch it. This will help out and not bog down their server.)

8:00 PM - An object appeared to the Southwest, just before sunset. The object changed colors from blue to red to white as it moved slowly westward above the trees, before dimming out entirely. There were two witnesses to this object.

sonorasightings.com

[edit on 28/10/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems strange that when the object is zoomed in on, the color stays constant. It's not until it zooms back out that you see the color changing.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Perhaps the color change is some kind of Camera Artifact?
Going by the witness account though, they say there was color change.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's too short a clip with too little detail to even consider whether this was some sort of extra terrestrial craft. Why couldn't it be a conventional aircraft at a high altitude at a long distance from the observer? Under such circumstances, the relative motion of the object would be extremely slow and would be consistent with the "fading out" of the object if it changed direction, thereby reducing the reflection of light toward the observer.

There's "something" there, without question. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the video that indicates that there is any reason to consider this a potential extra terrestrial craft.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Unfortunately, there's nothing in the video that indicates that there is any reason to consider this a potential extra terrestrial craft.

Is there ever?
A UFO is only that, an Unidentified Flying Object. I have never seen a video that would ever subject the object is an extra terrestrial craft. They don't have ETs waving out of the window.
When we jump to say a UFO is a extra terrestrial craft that is no different than calling it an Angel or a secret military craft. We just don't know what the origins of these things are.

As for this video I don't see why a plane would be so bright. The only times when I've seen a plane that bright is when it is pointing right at me with its lights. If this was a plane it would be flying away from us like you said, due to the "fading out" effect.
This object is changing colors. I've never seen anything do that, on film or with my own eyes. Maybe someone on ATS has had experience with this and can logically explain it. The witnesses do say they seen the object change color, so who really knows? It is possible they are not being honest.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well,
The video is definitely not a hoax. I'm just afraid that it's not that impressive. The color changing appears to be an artifact from the CCD camera used to capture the UFO. If you listen to the audio, the background noise sounds remarkably like a prop-powered aircraft. This may or may not be from the object in the video, but it does mean that there is a good chance that this is in the general vicinity of an airport.
As someone who has personally been "freaked out" by an aircraft coming in low and silent directly toward me, I am not ashamed to say that sometimes these mistakes happen.

Ram

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Keep digging on that Sonora page people...!

When they where still filming these lights in the skies... It' was amazing to follow...

Mark Olson just wrote to me - Back then - That i just had to keep looking up.
I saw 5 lights this summer... One was orange..

I found out he was right about it...

Check out the site...!!
---
oh and that changing color video... I showed it to my brother and cousin..hehe
They said it was a reflection on a chopper.
---

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello

Indeed the color changing seems to appear only while zooming out. Anyway the object looks very shiny. There is definitively something going on in Sonora. What an amount of sightings !

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i lives next to a army base and that looks like a c-130 to me

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The object is outlined and highlighted. This film is edited. In addition to the colour changing effects, observe how the object is sometimes outlined with a black circle and sometimes (specifically during the end) it is not. This film is crap.

Zip

[edit on 10/30/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Intersting vid. I have a good high res monitor (21" Sony) and i can definatly see it changing color from red green to white all through the clip (not just when zoomed). Then the sudden fade away? And it looks like it's spinning to me.

Not saying it's aliens or anything..lol but don't look like a plane or helo.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It looks like a bright iridium flare. It's a satellite in the atmosphere that is reflecting sunlight off it's solar panels. The light reflects back to earth and shines in a small area like a flashlight beam. For iridium communication satallites the area they can be seen is about 15 km in diameter and the closer you are to the center the brighter they are. They can be seen in daylight. They are best around dusk, like when this video was shot.

Iridium flares suddenly appear in the sky start moving and get brighter and brighter, then get dim and fade out. They move at about the same speed as that thing in the video and they last about 15 seconds.

You can read more about iridium flares here but for some reason I doubt the people who believe this is a UFO will follow the link. You can also go to Heavens Above and see when iridium flares will occur in your area. You can usually see 3 or 4 a night. I have several pictures of iridium flares that I've seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Im calling this a hoax. Its looks like some kind of photoshp deal

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazySanMan
It looks like a bright iridium flare.

Interesting hypothesis. Thank you VERY MUCH for that Heavens-Above link, that site is awesome.

Zip

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That has to be what it was CrazySanMan. Thanks for the link.

I believe you just identified this UFO.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Check out Heavens Above and see if you can spot an Iridium Flare tonight. The website will tell you exactly what time to look, what direction to look, and what angle above the horizon to look. I like to go outside about 5 minutes before the flares occur and set up my camera on a tripod. As soon as I see the flare I snap the picture. I can get an 8 second exposure on my camera so I can photograph about half of the flare.

Here is a picture of Iridium satellite number 28. It didn't scale very well but the satellite is the streak in the photo. Click on the photo to enlarge. This was a 4 second exposure at ISO 800.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TevashSzat
i lives next to a army base and that looks like a c-130 to me

Hey, careful man, the "staff" here don't like one line responces. Seriously, they keep sending me lame messages about getting "points" deducted for one liners. I've never seen such nonsense from "mods" on a board like I see on this one!

If you challenge someone to prove something they want to "spank" you for it!

Sad....

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Hey, careful man, the "staff" here don't like one line responces. Seriously, they keep sending me lame messages about getting "points" deducted for one liners. I've never seen such nonsense from "mods" on a board like I see on this one!

If you challenge someone to prove something they want to "spank" you for it!

Sad....

Take it to u2u or gripe, this thread is not the place,

this is a thread about ... [UFO Video] This is definantly not a hoax...,... lets keep it that way.

thanks Asala

jra

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When and where was this video taken? I know the website says July 2nd, but is that when it was posted on the site or when the video was recorded? And where was it recorded. All they say is the object appeared in the southwest, which tells us nothing really.

The black outline is effect of the video recorder. Either the camera isn't so great and/or there was also some edge enhancement on in the camera while recording. It's not a sign of an edited video.

I believe the object is the ISS. Although I cannot confirm this, since I don't know the date or location. Nor can I find a good site that I can enter a time and date to see where and when the ISS passed over. But the flickering colour could just be an atmospheric effect. I'm sure we've all seen stars twinkle different colours before. Also when it's brightness started to dim, it reminded me of the one time I saw the ISS fly over my place. It too dimmed and faded away, because its angle to the sun changed, thus not reflecting as much light towards me.

new topics

top topics

join