It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bushes Worst Nightmare Has Came True

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
GENERAL WESLEY CLARK RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN 2004!!!!!!

A REAL MAN WITH EXPERIENCE
A REAL COMMANDER IN CHIEF
A MAN WHO CAN BACK UP HIS TALK

Clark vows to transform the U.S.

(CNN) -- Former NATO supreme commander Wesley Clark will announce his presidential candidacy Wednesday, becoming the 10th Democrat to seek to unseat President Bush in 2004, sources close to the retired general told CNN.

"We're going to march forth across the United States, and we're going to have a vision that helps transform this country to meet the challenges of the 21st century," Clark told CNN. "And I believe I can lead that."

Clark's entry into the race will take the Democratic field to 10 with most candidates having been in the running for months giving them a head start in terms of organization and fund raising

But Clark told CNN: "The conversations I've had and the judgments I've made say it's not too late."

Clark has not officially announced his decision but he told reporters Tuesday the country is "hungry for dialogue and looking for leadership."

He is expected to launch his candidacy in Little Rock with an announcement at noon (1 p.m. ET) Wednesday, and has assembled a team of campaign operatives that include veterans of the campaigns of former President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore.

An outspoken critic of the U.S.-led war in Iraq, Clark said the country "is in significant difficulty, both at home and abroad."

"I think it needs strong leadership and visionary leadership to take it forward," Clark said after meeting with Democratic officials in his hometown of Little Rock. "So that's what's drawn me to this prospective point right here."

Clark, 58, is a West Point graduate, Rhodes Scholar and former CNN military analyst who led U.S. and allied forces in the 1999 air war in Kosovo.

He retired from the Army in 2000 after a 34-year career that included combat in Vietnam and leading the military negotiations in the peace talks that ended the war in Bosnia in 1995.

"I've got a broad background of leadership experience -- executive leadership, diplomatic leadership and political leadership -- and I think that's what the American people are looking for at this time," he said.

Clark became NATO's supreme commander in 1997, but reportedly clashed with Pentagon officials during the Kosovo campaign and was relieved of command after the war. Clinton, a fellow Arkansan, said last week that Clark would "serve our country well."

Clark convened a meeting of his political advisers and friends Tuesday in Little Rock to discuss his decision. Among those in attendance were George Bruno, a former Democratic Party chairman in the early primary state of New Hampshire, and former Clinton White House spokesman Mark Fabiani.

In previous interviews, he has said he considered President Bush's tax cuts inefficient and unwise and would consider suspending or rescinding them if elected president.

He said years in the Army had persuaded him to support affirmative action "in principle," although he suggested its benefits could be cut at a certain income level. And he said he would reconsider the Clinton administration's "don't-ask, don't-tell" policy on gays in the armed services, saying he considered it ineffective.

CAN SOMEBODY SAY BYE BYE BUSH IN 2004!!!!!!

YEEEEEAHHHHHH!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

If Bush is out in 2004.....DRINKS ON THE HOUSE TO ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM!

The world will breathe a sigh of relief once that maniac & his psychopathic administration our gone

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
From what I saw in your post (BTW, the ATS system requires you to *not* merely post an entire article; You need to limit yourself to a couple of sentences or a paragraph & post *the link*), Clark hasn't said anything more than any other potential candidate for any office...Broad statements of reform but never mentioning *what form* these reforms are going to take.

...Just another dog-wagger seeking power...IMO, until he actually says something with some *substance*, I'm going to stick with a vote of "No Confidence".

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There's nothing new or fresh about Gen. Clark, his "message" sounds like the other bleaters in the pack in which he places himself.

Had you any training in conspiracies or paranoia (after all, this is a paranoia board, you know!) you'd know what "Rhodes Scholar" should tell you.

He "led" the U.S. and the allies in the "air war" over Kosovo?
Killuminati, remove the letters "kill" from your name, you sound more like an agent of the illuminati.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'll take a chocolate shake upon victory.

Now we are going to have the retired top General against a man who is still a deserter from his National Guard unit.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To borrow from the guy who runs Idleworm.com:

Wesley Clark, a man who could be trusted to send troops into battle without ejaculating all over himself.

[Edited on 9/18/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like such a bad guy... at least when compared to Bush. An anti-war military commander, go figure!

"Clark, who built a reputation as a brilliant but difficult commander, has never before sought elective office. He is an outspoken critic of the war in Iraq, calling it unnecessary and saying the Bush administration led the country into war under false pretenses.

And Clark -- a former military analyst for CNN -- blamed Bush's handling of the economy for what he called the first net loss of jobs under any president since Herbert Hoover.

He said his campaign would ask "hard questions" about Bush's policies -- "and in a time of war, we're going to ask those questions and propose those alternatives in the highest sense of patriotism."

He has assembled a team of campaign operatives that includes veterans of the campaigns of former President Clinton and Vice President Al Gore, and said he would outline more specific positions in speeches "in the coming weeks."

On domestic issues, he has said he wants to see every American covered by health insurance, but said he would not support a Canadian-style single-payer program. He said he favors abortion rights and opposes gay and lesbian marriages, but would support civil unions for homosexuals. "

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why do you people forget this asshole almost started world war 3? Really, do reseach before you post this mularky.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Most military commanders are antiwar. They have been there seen the carnage, death, and the like.

That is why 90% want to make sure there is a just reason for a war.

This is in comparison to the deserter in the White House and his chicken hawk advisers.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ya know with the 2004 elections edging closer I have to say I'm not in favor of voting for anybody at this point.

Bush lied to us about the WMD in Iraq. He's off my list.
All of the Democratic canidates just complain. They never have a solution for anything. Plus, they complain about stuff that's not relevant to the problems we're facing right now.

I'm begining to worry that our next President will be just as egotistical and dumb as Bush. God help us.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
...you think he's in it to win? For real!?!
Strategy, my friends, strategy.

Living a scant half hour from it's hollowed halls, do not EVER take lightly an individual who graduates in the #1 spot in their class at WEST POINT !!!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Where is his stance on the major issues listed? I haven't been able to find anything but BS on his site, so far. Vote Libertarian! At least you always know where they stand. This country was built on Libertarian standards. It's time we take it back!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dubya aint got nightmares.....
Xpesally no general type....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, from what info I've been gathering, I'd say that Bush is quite likely to drive The People into another Civil War...If that happens, I think he'd start to have nightmares...

Of course, this prediction is going to depend on the assumption that he *won't* continue to screw over the whole Nation (and as much of the rest of the world as he can get away with) in favor of his own benefit & that of the rest of his Bully Boy Gang...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What do other generals think of Clark:

Retired General H. Hugh Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on 9/11 on GWB's 'worst nightmare' (wes clark):

"What do you think of General Wesley Clark and would you support him as a presidential candidate," was the question put to him by moderator Dick Henning, assuming that all military men stood in support of each other. General Shelton took a drink of water and Henning said, "I noticed you took a drink on that one!"

"That question makes me wish it were vodka," said Shelton. "I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"I have watched him at close range for 35 years, in which I have looked at the allegation, and I found it totally unsupported," responded retired Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey. "That�s not to say he isn�t ambitious and quick. He is probably among the top five most talented I�ve met in my life. I think he is a national treasure who has a lot to offer the country."...

Only a Bush Republican, Bob?
Et Tu!?!?

Case in point to this type of psyche boys & girls: Darrell Issa and his bad haircut have been all over the media this week, putting heavy pressure on Republican Tom McClintock to drop out of the California recall farce in order to prevent a split in the Republican vote.....

DID YOU GET THAT ?

Give a state, put in trouble by the Bush White House's policies and open door to Robbery via Enron et al, to an ACTOR who's in on the coup strategy, as opposed to a legitimate GOP State Senator who's intimate with the troubles - and possible solutions.

GO GOP.................. LOSE YOUR SOUL!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't trust Clark, period. Based on the research I've done, I tend to agree with Gen. Shelton's comment. Look into the Dyne-Corp. sex-slave ring. Clark was the Commander over there when that stuff was going on. Shady stuff, friends.

Besides, who sez taking orders for thirty-some years qualifies someone to be the president? After being in the Army, I can assure, at least half the guys that make it to that rank are professional arse kissers. (No offense to the great officers who aren't.)

One of the reasons he jumped into the race probably has to do with the fact that both the Democrats and Republicans are afraid of Howard Dean. Don't laugh, it's true. For example, the mainstream media is doing everything in its power to downplay his huge grass-roots popularity. The two-party machine cannot control him. HOOWAH!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Screw Clark, this guy loves the U.N.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
Screw Clark, this guy loves the U.N.

Exactly, you vote him in office and my prediction (as a european), he will work for the dissolution of the USA into the U.N.

Actually its very interesting. Its the way the Illuminati work. Allways you are persuaded to go to the next level through your two candidate system. Trust me they will be working very very heard at getting the WORST man to be the alternative man of voting Bush.

You know - the US election system just sucks so much.
No matter who you will get, its a good chance that he will be fu*ked in the a-hole by the good old illuminati all the time... (like Bush)

But ok, Bush has got a hard time covering up that he is a puppet. This time you really have got a weak one.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

One of the reasons he jumped into the race probably has to do with the fact that both the Democrats and Republicans are afraid of Howard Dean. Don't laugh, it's true. For example, the mainstream media is doing everything in its power to downplay his huge grass-roots popularity. The two-party machine cannot control him. HOOWAH!

Not that i know him but from pure logical sense i can answer this for supp. of EastCoastKid:

Exactly, go vote for this guy, he builded his own right to run for office. That means he can stand up for himself.

... actually that remeinds me of JFK.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
IR: And we all know what happened to JFK!
A scenerio:
I could see Dean asking Clark to be his running mate for the sheer power of it. They pull off a victory. Something nasty happens to President Dean and Clark takes over. He would then name Hillary Clinton as his VP. Then boom! Hillary follows Clark into the Oval Office.

Clark's their guy on the other side.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join