It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalapadea

Deja vu??? was it the same cat or just a cat that looked like the first one?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I caught the significace of the name immediately. For the uninitiated here is the raison de nombre direct from Lockheed-Martin Skunk .... Works!

www.lockheedmartin.com...

edit on 8/1/2011 by strokker because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CamoGhost

You are fired!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan Fantastic last paragraph exactly my thinking

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
gudaftanuns friends pls i jst want to kno the benefit of this forum and how i caan undastand more abt dis site

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Small thing, and I'm sure someone else has already mentioned this, ...

The mysterious factory/lab in the Li'l Abner comics was the SKONK WORKS (with an O, not a U).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thread closed

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Re-opening this thread because, lately, and quite often, people seem to be confused about the intent and nature of the Skunk Works forum.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's a forum where all the genuine topics of importance are relegated to, in an attempt at suppression and discrediting.

This has happened time and again with my planet x picture threads and my photos have been removed time and again. I contact this site and get a shrug of the shoulders as to why a whole thread of pictures of Planet X have been removed.

Just thought I'd point this out, people are noticing these actions-thankfully!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Are you even aware of the origin of the name, "Skunk Works," and the associated logo used for this forum's icon?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I wouldn't expect an answer. He's a drive by poster who just promotes his own thread in anything vaguely similar.

On-topic: Skunk Works meaning something smells/stinks? All I know is stuff with no evidence tends to get plonked in there.
edit on 2932016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
On-topic: Skunk Works meaning something smells/stinks? All I know is stuff with no evidence tends to get plonked in there.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's actually disheartening that so many of those who are interested in ATS topics have no idea of the origin of the name and logo.

Skunk Works

Skunk Works is an official alias for Lockheed Martin's Advanced Development Programs (ADP), formerly called Lockheed Advanced Development Projects. Skunk Works is responsible for a number of famous aircraft designs, including the U-2, the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk, and the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. Currently its main project is the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, which will be used in the air forces of several countries. Production is expected to last for up to four decades.

The name is aspirational, representing the highest order of extremely speculative ideas, theories, and technologies that in the beginning were so secret as to not be believed.

Perhaps you should read the opening post of this thread?

(@@)
edit on 29-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ah ok. My bad. I didn't even think of LM.

ETA: Just read the op. I get that it's for "out of the box theories", but why do so many ridiculous theories get put in there? I'm all for brainstorming and creative thinking, but some are just so far out there that it's beyond pseudo.

(Thought I'd better add that this wasn't meant as a snipe, but a sincere question)
edit on 2932016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Threads that have little to no evidence to support them are put in Skunk Works, as they're speculative, which is what the forum is for.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

edit on 2932016 by TerryDon79 because: Deleted a stupid question

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You couldn't be more wrong. It's actually disheartening that so many of those who are interested in ATS topics have no idea of the origin of the name and logo.

Perhaps you should read the opening post of this thread?

(@@)

Revisionism sucks, period. Don't piss on our leg and say is raining.

Hey, I'm all for a different approach but don't sit here and pretend that historically speaking skunkworks wasn't used as a way to discredit ideas and topics at ATS, because it was. I've been here a long time, much longer than my avatar denotes.

So now this is a distinguished thread. Copy that.

Reminds me of another thread actually.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Where can I find the posts that are too crazy for Skunkworks?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join