It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Iranians march demanding Israel destruction in support of their president.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Double standards ...

Pat Robertson is not a world leader nor a head of state, nor does he control armed forces and weaponry, yet his call for the assassination of Chavez (which was undoubtedly stupid) was met with more rage from the "anti-america" club i was referring to than the Iranian President calling for a whole country to be destroyed.

I see your point. However. I don't interpret rage at Pat Robertson as "anti-American". Nor do I see those that complain about the government as anti-American. I don't get the anti-American connection at all. But that's just me.

I do hold the US to standards that I'm proud of, though. So, I do cop to a double standard. I expect more of the USA. I expect us to be honorable, dignified, you know... that stuff. I have no such expectations of Iran or any other country, for that matter. I have no pride or feelings of patriotism to them, so naturally, I have little expectation of them.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, in this PTS thread, which I'm sure we all remember, folks were quick to point fingers at the US government in general for all sorts of wrongs we've done to the innocent lunatic (oops did i say that out loud) in Venezuela.

People also went so far as to say that Venezuela can sue Robertson for his statements.

OK... well the President of Iran did not mince any words when he stated that Israel and the USA should be destroyed. I am a citizen in good standing of the USA and would like to know where to sign up for the class action lawsuit against that person. The silence of certain parts of the political spectrum is deafening.

Where are the loudmouths with megaphones protesting the public call of a world leader for MILLIONS OF DEATHS. Where are they? Oh... I know where they are... More popular causes await!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
hes not evil my freind, hes a no brained ugly lookin monkey
anyways i know skippy gets turned on whenever he sees the word Iran on every news so this is like his 150th topic about us....

U sure you not talking about dubya, because he perfectly fits the description

Maybe twin brothers....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What I find interesting about this cnn report is that if "thousands" marched shouting "death to Israel", and are in total support of the annihalation of the "unrecognized" Israeli state, then how many more untold thousands, or millions even, that couldn't make the marches are there in Iran? And the point I am getting to with this is that public opinion, eventually, can cause politicians to act. Rarely, granted,
, but when a country's leader makes such an inflammatory public statement, and it is subsquently supported by sweeping public opinion, the one thing left beween verbalization and action is capability. This particular animosity transcends the bounds of worldy opinion.

I'd like to ask, if Israel was instead located on Iran's border, and easily accessable to Iran, by now don't you think that this Israeli-Iranian conflict would have been settled long ago, before even nuclear weapons had an impact on the outcome?

But since the distance between the two and sovereign borders are clearly in the way, all the Iranians can do is verbalize, lest they attempt conventional missile strikes on Israel to be met with a hailstorm of retaliatory missile strikes from Israel and not far behind, likely strikes from US forces in the persian Gulf.

Now the Russians, while supplying Iran with conventional advanced missiles, and maybe even a few nuclear-tipped ones to which Russia retains the firing buttons, they are not fools. They know that given the chance, Iran would likely launch on Israel if they felt they COULD wipe Israel off the map in one multifaceted swift blow. If this wasn't the case, and Russia trusted Iran with nuclear weapons, then why not simply sell them to Iran? I mean hey, Russia really really needs the money, right?

Because that would be like handing a loaded M16 to a father whose daughter was just raped and murdered, and propping up the accused prisoner for the shot on the bleak hope that the father would not pull the trigger, seeking a further trial by jury. And particularly when the prisoner's family has been the weapon supplier's main adversary for half a century. It'd be one thing to have the father stand there and shout every bad thing in the book at the prisoner, but it'd be totally different nother to hand the father a loaded weapon easily capable of making the kill in one shot.

There are prices to pay for such actions. And it would appear that Russia just doesn't need the money just quite that awful bad. Not bad enough to risk the retribution.

If somehow this conflict could be settled with fists instead of missiles, eventually the two would get tired of beating on each other, and learn to live in peace somehow.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by Denied
Will israel bomb the reactor?

That's why it was such a stupid statement to make at this time. Either that or a calculated risk.
It gives a green light to any Israeli operation or at the very least an excuse for others to turn a blind eye.

If I say that I'm gonna beat the crap out of you and then go get myself a stick, isn't everyone else going to say, "Well, the dude was only defending himself" when you come and take the stick away from me?

It's just plain, pisspoor politics unless it was calculated to gain the West's reaction for a specific reason.
Possibly the statement was made in response to recent events in Iraq and to stir up some sort of national unity but either way, the Iranian Guardian Council must know that this was going to cause trouble.

It is entirely possible that they are taking the North Korea line and starting from a hard negotiating stance to get what they want either in Iraq or over their nuclear programme. Focus on Israel, bring it into a frenzy of awareness and you can use that as a bargaining chip.
Belligerence worked for NK (or has up until now). Start at an uncompromising, seemingly extremist viewpoint, with a couple of issues on the table and you might be able to get away from the table with something.

One scenario is that the Guardian Council could be setting their president up for a fall. Show him to be rabidly anti-Israel and then stamp on him. They can then claim that they didn't agree with his politics and that they don't quite see things with his eyes.

"We've proven we're not anti-Israel by getting rid of the guy who was causing all the trouble. Can we now have our reactor please?"

It is a possibility. Especially when you actually look at the power that they have already taken away from this president and given to the guy he actually defeated in the elections!!!

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Leveller]

Good point, must might be him sacrificing himself for the benifit of Iran, knowingly or unknowingly.
They might have some aces up their sleeves though, maybe some nuclear devices already hidden in American cities that they are bluffing with behind the curtains.

Maybe they are calling Americas/israels bluff,- attack us and we will take the hole #house with us-. This means everything theyve got in their arsenal, such as biological, chemical agents and possibly nuclear bombs purchased on the black market all unleashed in several parts of the world.

Would America/Israel go ahead with the attack if they knew all this, probably....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
What I find interesting about this cnn report is that if "thousands" marched shouting "death to Israel", and are in total support of the annihalation of the "unrecognized" Israeli state, then how many more untold thousands, or millions even, that couldn't make the marches are there in Iran? And the point I am getting to with this is that public opinion, eventually, can cause politicians to act. Rarely, granted,
, but when a country's leader makes such an inflammatory public statement, and it is subsquently supported by sweeping public opinion, the one thing left beween verbalization and action is capability. This particular animosity transcends the bounds of worldy opinion.

I'd like to ask, if Israel was instead located on Iran's border, and easily accessable to Iran, by now don't you think that this Israeli-Iranian conflict would have been settled long ago, before even nuclear weapons had an impact on the outcome?

But since the distance between the two and sovereign borders are clearly in the way, all the Iranians can do is verbalize, lest they attempt conventional missile strikes on Israel to be met with a hailstorm of retaliatory missile strikes from Israel and not far behind, likely strikes from US forces in the persian Gulf.

Now the Russians, while supplying Iran with conventional advanced missiles, and maybe even a few nuclear-tipped ones to which Russia retains the firing buttons, they are not fools. They know that given the chance, Iran would likely launch on Israel if they felt they COULD wipe Israel off the map in one multifaceted swift blow. If this wasn't the case, and Russia trusted Iran with nuclear weapons, then why not simply sell them to Iran? I mean hey, Russia really really needs the money, right?

Because that would be like handing a loaded M16 to a father whose daughter was just raped and murdered, and propping up the accused prisoner for the shot on the bleak hope that the father would not pull the trigger, seeking a further trial by jury. And particularly when the prisoner's family has been the weapon supplier's main adversary for half a century. It'd be one thing to have the father stand there and shout every bad thing in the book at the prisoner, but it'd be totally different nother to hand the father a loaded weapon easily capable of making the kill in one shot.

There are prices to pay for such actions. And it would appear that Russia just doesn't need the money just quite that awful bad. Not bad enough to risk the retribution.

If somehow this conflict could be settled with fists instead of missiles, eventually the two would get tired of beating on each other, and learn to live in peace somehow.

Are you sure Russia didnt already sell Iran Abombs in the past(or recently)
When Iran uses them, Russia can always say that they were the bombs that went missing and were probably were sold on the black market.
YOU think the US will start nuking russia???
The Russians are alot more sneaky and cunning then the americans in this respect, much better chess players too.

The Russians are just waiting for the americans to take the bate and hurt themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Iran has nuclear capabilty already shall we say, so all this panic about whether as a nation Iran will have nuclear bombs, doesnt matter, they could of bought X amount on the black market...talk about terrorists...maybe a state will now terrorise.?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Didn't Kahn from Pakistan have admitted dealings with them also?

That kinda ties in with Al Qaeda moving within the Eastern provinces along the Iran/Afghan/Pakistan border also. Who knows what could have been moved in from there.....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Iran has nuclear capabilty already shall we say, so all this panic about whether as a nation Iran will have nuclear bombs, doesnt matter, they could of bought X amount on the black market...talk about terrorists...maybe a state will now terrorise.?

Could be, but they will only use for self defense of course, attacking israel would be signing a suicide deal.
The USes so called fight against terrorism is only provocating real dangerous terrorism, its like a Ironic selfforthfillingprofecy with ironic motivations.
We live in a Ironic poopy world, the ironic thing is that we cant do anything to change this poopy world.

Ironic isnt it...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Wow. I didn’t expect this

- Really?

Skippy are you lying?

I mentioned that there was a march in support of the Palestinians this weekend in that other Iranian Pres. thread you posted (27/10 www.abovetopsecret.com...).

So why are you trying to make out that this Palestinian supporting march is such a surprise now?

(or do you just 'set' these kind of threads and not even bother looking at the responses you get, hmmm?)

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Wasnt someone here arguing that the Iranian people werent anti-semetic?

Man,

If one more person says "anti-semitic" I'm going to call you a damn fool. It seems like I've said this 10,000 times, but here we go again...

ARABS ARE SEMITIC PEOPLE TOO!!!

Your statement thus means jack. If this is true, it would mean the Iranians hate themselves too...

So please, say anti-jewish or anti-israel, but no more anti-semitic.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Israel must wipe out of the map fast b4 is too late. Big things will come seriously.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alvatore

There is no must involved.

It is that kind of attitude that disagreements are founded on.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In addition to the CNN report,heres another Israeli news report about it.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Irans leader is not helping his people thats for sure.Hes doing exactly the same thing Fox did about 6months ago trying to get people mobilized for a war.

To all you deniers that Iran isnt a threat?Give your head a shake and stop being taken in by propaganda.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
lol

I thought his wiping Israel off the map was a mistranslation and empty rhetoric etc . . .

'

WRONG!

Dude is a nutcase

WW3 here we come

[edit on 22/5/2008 by xxpigxx]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join