It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Iranians march demanding Israel destruction in support of their president.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wow. I didn’t expect this, I was always under the assumption that the people of Iran were not in support of the extremist government. Maybe this event was staged? Either way, not a proud time for Iran.

CNN.com reports:

(CNN) -- Thousands of Iranians staged anti-Israel protests across the country Friday and repeated calls by their ultraconservative president demanding the Jewish state's destruction.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was among the protesters as Iranian officials tried to play down his comments.

Ahmadinejad made his comments Wednesday during a meeting with protesting students at Iran's Interior Ministry.

He quoted a remark from Ayatollah Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

He actually marched with the thousands of protesters. That eases the situation? Mmmm…

I think the Mods should warn Iran for baiting...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So much anger and hate running through that march.
That leader of Iran is either stupid or evil, or both?

NR

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hes not evil my freind, hes a no brained ugly lookin monkey
anyways i know skippy gets turned on whenever he sees the word Iran on every news so this is like his 150th topic about us....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
He might be an Ugly Monkey - but he is also a Determined one...

The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, refused today to retract his call for Israel to be wiped off the map, while the Iranian embassy in Moscow attempted to calm the growing diplomatic crisis.

The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, refused today to retract his call for Israel to be wiped off the map, while the Iranian embassy in Moscow attempted to calm the growing diplomatic crisis.
Mr Ahmadinejad appeared at an anti-Israeli rally attended by thousands of Iranians in Tehran and rejected the international condemnation of his comments as "invalid".

"My words were the Iranian nation's words. Westerners are free to comment, but their reactions are invalid," he said.

The Iranian embassy in Moscow earlier attempted to pull back from his declaration after the UN secretary general, Kofi Annan, became the latest world leader to rebuke him. A statement released by the embassy said Mr Ahmadinejad "did not have any intention to speak up in such sharp terms and enter into a conflict".

Source:
Guardian Unlimited

A Dog that Barks does not Bite - they say.

On the other hand, we have Isreal - a Dog that does not Bark, just Bites.

Who is more Dangerous here?

[edit on 28/10/05 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ap is reporting this as well:

Iranians stage anti-Israel demonstrations

They mention the numbers were in the tens of thousands.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
i know skippy gets turned on whenever he sees the word Iran on every news so this is like his 150th topic about us....

Im sorry NR, I dont get turned on when a leader of a nation threatens the destruction and genocide of an entire nation of people. It saddens me you can make light of this situation.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Who is more Dangerous here?

A cat that purrs.

Demonstrations are not enough reason to go to war. Neither are stupid statements. Let's not forget this.

NR

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ok and so what? you already said that... do you have anything better to do in life than finding a news source about Iran? this past week u have over 15 topics about iran on terrorism. I think somebody feels lonely and needs to get out once in a while

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
if you look hard enough there is actually a similarity between Bush and Ahmadinejad's monkey likeness. Maybe David Icke's theory is a bit off

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
ok and so what? you already said that... do you have anything better to do in life than finding a news source about Iran? this past week u have over 15 topics about iran on terrorism. I think somebody feels lonely and needs to get out once in a while

Somtimes the media and government don't need to brainwash its sheeple, they govern themselves. This is a perfect example - feed them one news story and it grows and grows and...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Thousands of Iranians march demanding Israel destruction in support of their president.

Wow. I didn’t expect this

Those demonstrations are being held as part of annual Al-Quds- Day Day protests (Al-Quds = arab for Jerushalayim) , which were first held in 1979 after Shiite Muslim clerics took power in Iran.

TV showed Ahmadinejad surrounded by tens of thousands of protesters, many holding banners carrying slogans including "Death to Israel, death to America" and caricatures of U.S. President George Bush, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, British Prime Minister Tony Blair and PM Ariel Sharon.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wasnt someone here arguing that the Iranian people werent anti-semetic?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
I think somebody feels lonely and needs to get out once in a while

NR, please keep to the topic, personal remarks are construed as baiting and are against the TOS.

You have yet to comment on the topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

The Jewishness of Israel is debatable

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
hes not evil my freind, hes a no brained ugly lookin monkey

Heh. You ain't going home.

But what does annoy me is why the Iranian people voted this plank in. OK, election choices weren't up to much, but as you said, this guy has no brains. In a time when Iran needs a good diplomat in the driving seat, why put someone with such a flimsy grasp of international politics as your main vocalist? Sure, what he said was probably more for domestic consumption than anything else, but even he must have been aware that now was not exactly a good time to say it.
I've heard that even the boys upstairs are getting a bit twitchy about his behaviour and that they're thinking about taking foriegn policy out of his hands and handing over more power to Rafsanjani. The problem is, that even though the West feel they can deal with the former president, the media is going to be concentrating on what is coming out of the monkey's mouth. At the moment, Western public opinion is floating around Iraq, but if this guy keeps spouting off, he's going to attract some unwelcome attention right when Tehran doesn't need it.

The Guardian Council must be kicking themselves for letting Ahmadinejad get voted in. I can't see any way in which he is an advantage to Iran. Not unless they have some plan to use him as a pawn. But they'll have to be quick - this dude is going to attract every radical in the country around him. If the Guardian Council aren't careful they could end up having a loose cannon rumbling around as he attracts more support.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

What is your point? That the Iranian people are anti-semetic. Please post proof that the whole nation of Iran are anti-semetic. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well what did U all expect. That they will be calm watching everything that goes on? Also done forget there is a good chanse they will be bombed again from Israel? The message they are sending is "we will fight fire with fire" which a lot of ATS members prefer. And they are preparing people for that.

The only interesting thing is will Israel or USA dare to bomb their reactor and if yes/ will Iran go to war allied with some friends like Siria.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

What is your point? That the Iranian people are anti-semetic. Please post proof that the whole nation of Iran are anti-semetic. Cheers.

Anti-semetic, anti-zionist, anti-Israeli. What's the difference? Don't turn this thread into trash just because of the semantics of a word.
Although I don't believe that the whole Iranian population is anti-semetic per se, it is the argument that Ahmadinejad is using to defend his case.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Mr Ahmadinejad said: "My words were the Iranian nation's words."

As Ahmadinejad is calling for the destruction of Israel and as the people in Israel are Jewish and as Ahmadinejad uses Islam in his rhetoric just how exactly can it be construed as anything else?

Personally, I don't believe this dork speaks for the whole Iranian nation, but it can easily be construed that he does if you don't know how Iranian politics work.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This has been happening a very long time dating back to the Isalmic revolution. The only reason the media is taking interesting is because their President supports it

(edit:spelling)

[edit on 28-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_o_l_d_y
Well what did U all expect. That they will be calm watching everything that goes on? Also done forget there is a good chanse they will be bombed again from Israel? The message they are sending is "we will fight fire with fire" which a lot of ATS members prefer. And they are preparing people for that.

The only interesting thing is will Israel or USA dare to bomb their reactor and if yes/ will Iran go to war allied with some friends like Siria.

When is the reactor being fuelled????

Just curious i know a bit of topic.
But its kinda true i think, he is gearing up the people to the possibilty of confrontation with israel.
Will israel bomb the reactor?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Denied]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join