It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment Watch: Will it happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
These are not good times for the folks in Washington. They are faced with war, natural destructions, high oil prices and to have all this come down now, an indictment or two would be devastating for this country.

How will the world see us if they were to hand down indictments? I dont want to talk about whether they deserve it or not. I just simply ask, how will this go over if it were to come down?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Acccording to NYT, one indictment expected to be handed down today, and that for Libby.

What will it mean to the world? Well, those who have always been quick to pounce on any real or perceived mistake by the admin will have new ammo. And even though they have no say in the matter, they will call for impeachment of just about everybody in the White House.

Other, more reasonable people may see it as proof that America works; nobody is above the law.

In the US, it is a big deal inside the beltway. Everybody outside the loop is preoccupied with how they are going to survive the winter, with gas and heating oil prices so high.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
For sure. The American legal system DOES work, still does and i realize and i am grateful for it.

We will wait and see.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Patrick Fitzgerald just arrived and "Scooter" expected to be indicted. Looks like Rove 's fate will not be determined today.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Foxnews is reporting that there will be no indictment for Rove.
Libby of course is another matter

Edited to update:
Libby Will be updated and charged with "providing false information" to the committee.

Hmm...... looks like today is going to be lots of fun in DC!

[edit on 28-10-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How will the world see it? The world's view of the US and it's current government will not change. We're seen as an arrogant, selfish, 'above the law' nation and we will continue to be seen that way, with a small added bit of justification for that opinion.

I predict the following: It will be a small bump in the road. Nothing will come of it because that's the way it's planned.

Libby will take the fall for the higher-ups. The prosecuters (whether legal or laymen) want an indictment or 4. The white house will let us have one: Libby... To save the hide of Rove and Cheney, et al. He's the fall guy.

In a month or so, no one will remember who Scooter Libby was.

Washington will not suffer. The administration will not suffer. Life (as we currently know it) will, unfortunately, go on.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just a brief statement.
Libby = fall guy

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Libby will take the fall from the ones that are at fault, Cheney and Rove, they are beyond the law.

And for the world the world has a better understanding of what goes in American than most American people because they have not political affiliations or Ideologies when it comes to the US.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, you are all correct. It seems that "Scooter" will go down today. Rove, i doubt very much will be indicted, the" brains" is needed.
Anyway, there could still be more trouble we will just have to wait and see this circus play out.

top topics

join