It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicted WWIII : Your say!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Many of you here would almost instantly be familiar with the name Nostradamus and his predictions on the future. Some we're deemed almost accurate while others are too far from reality. Nostradamus predicted that World War III will be the end all of wars and many some Nostradamus believer claims that after World War III, there will be nothing that humanity can look forward to.

Your views, you say :

1) What will spark off WWIII?

2) Who will be in the predicted WWIII(who vs who)?

3) Predicted Victors/Losers of WWIII?

4) Aftermath?

1) I think the unstable situation in the Middle East would spark off a chain of reaction that would lead to WWIII. Most notably the Iran situation and the U.S stance towards them and Iran's counterpart. I predict Iran will strike the U.S soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and all hell will break lose from there.

2) I think it will be U.S-led coalition consisting of probably the NATO, Japan and South Korea against the Arab League Coalition and North Korea though they're not entirely linked to the Arabs. I think it will be a three or four front wars for U.S.

3) No losers and victors.

4) We all die from the Nuclear weapons used.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Undoubtedly there will be a WWIII, when i dont know. We will be involved, of course. I think the trigger will be in the way of a nuke which will get things rolling immediately.
There will be those who will dust themselves off, come out of their shelters or bunkers and go on with life. The world will not end, it never does. Millions of lives will end making it the end of their world.
Mankind is such that it self destructs every once in awhile. WWIII should be the granddaddy of them all because of the advanced technology we now have.
Those left to live will be better off than we are today, IMHO.

Nostradamus is too vague and there are too many interpretations so i dont follow him. I do follow others who claim the next big event will be the explosion of a large passenger ship at sea that will be a catalyst for the breaking out of all heck. www.trumpetersmission.com is a good source.
Its an interesting web site, Catholic priests who have had visions. I recommend it.
I think by the way, all this will happen within the next two years.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
Nostradamus predicted that World War III will be the end all of wars and many some Nostradamus believer claims that after World War III, there will be nothing that humanity can look forward to.

- Er, hang on.
Nostradamus wrote in odd rhymes and an obscure code, people have simply made fortunes claiming to have 'decoded' what he wrote but there is no 'final' authoritative translation.
People simply see what they want to see in his stuff and when it can be that 'open' all sorts of wild claims can be made.......hence the endless new books etc etc

In any event he rarely flat-out 'predicted' anything as best as I can tell and there are many claims which have now become part of our 'folklore' yet which do not bear investigation - famously the claim that he almost mentions Hitler but gets it only slightly wrong calling him Histler.

- Frankly I don't think there will be one. I don't think 'we' (that is those capable of sparking WW3 off) are quite that insane and quite that blind to all of our wider interests.

But ok for the sake of debate.....if one was to happen I think it would be down to the usual types of idiotic people in positions of power playing their stupid little fascistic power and domination 'games'.

Clearly today the ME looks the prime candidate to spark things off.
Sadly we have (IMO) no shortage of hard-line conservative religious nutcases on all sides who imagine they have direct lines to 'God' and more than a few who seem to wish to take that ridiculous 'end of days' gibberish as worth considering and taking into account when devising actual policy.

- I suspect that it would probably start like all major wars start; the assumption would be that there would be a sharp quick squabble, a small quick war (......all over by Christmas?
).

Maybe a main component against a much smaller 'bit part' component that quickly draws in others? (think WW1, Austria verses Serbia or WW2, Germany verses Poland)

Thanks to the munitions around today (......and not forgetting certain people's blind assumptions and, IMO, wreckless confidence that they have the only weapons/capability that are effective and/or worth anything today) I could imagine it very quickly getting completely out of hand.

- Everyone loses.
I think that once it starts the usual dreary 'games' to demonstrate 'resolve' and 'strength' etc etc blah blah blah make a disasterous escalation a fair bet.

4) Aftermath?

- The 'reset' button is pushed; mankind goes back to a cross between the dark ages and stone ages.

Religious zealotry replaces reason and science.

Within less than 2 centuries the memory of secular civillisation and technical advancement is lost and, thanks to the huge population losses in the war along with the wars' legacy of an enormously poisoned biosphere, at that point all options are open in a poisoned planet, up to and including human extinction.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Iran and Israel could be your inciting conflict....
US and England back Israel... Russia, China and Syria back Iran
Standoffs, trade embargoes,severe economical damage to US
Terror attack using nuclear weapons in US or Europe
Swift retaliation resulting in laucnhing of B-2's against Iran and Syria

NK decides to join the fray with attacks on West Coast of US//China invades Taiwan during this time with no resistance

Japan launches attacks against NK and China....

and If you thought the riots after Katrina were bad, I feel that the entire infrastructure of the US would collapse in the aftermath of such events.

I believe that WW3 when looked at in histroy books 100's of years ro now will be noted as beginning on 9/11. IT is just a matter of where an when.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Excellent question, as I do believe a WWIII will exist, you can tell just by watching the news that tensions are rising amongst many countries.

1) What will spark off WWIII? I believe it will be a strike on the U.S. by Iran

2) Who will be in the predicted WWIII(who vs who)? United States & Allies versus Iran & Allies

3) Predicted Victors/Losers of WWIII? United States/Allies

4) Aftermath? Depends really, I seriously doubt they could do much to us, we would probably crush them.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
WWIII , interesting , although pessimestic don't you think ? to have a war you must have two opposing sides , capable of armed combat .
the current situation in the middle east , and all the conspiracies discussed in this forum , lead me to conclude that no such war can occur anytime soon in the middle east . WWIII , if it is to occur , will happen between totally unexpected opponents , over something very mundane .
Like the US and europe over one country or another , or maybe oil , take your pick .the Results ? the world descends into something very similar to the dark ages . Now THAT's pessimism for you

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
China v U.S over Taiwan. dats wat would spark WWIII in my view. its a possibility even wen both nations are heavy trading partners.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
China v U.S over Taiwan. dats wat would spark WWIII in my view. its a possibility even wen both nations are heavy trading partners.

The US would be idiotic if it started a war because of a tiny island with little stategic value and no resources to exploit (eg No Oil)

Nothing. In order for a global war involving all habitable continents to be possible a vastly different geo-political structure would have to take hold first. Like for instance a new CCCP or an Expansionist China (and it will NOT be over Taiwan, more likely Mongolia and Indonesia would be their first targets)

Depends on the power structure. If it happened now it would be a very short war with the West winning quite soundly. There is no MiddleEastern alliance capable of withstanding a Western military assault. The status-quo would have to be changed dramatically for a WW3 to happen.

There would be no winners.

4) Aftermath?

Human Extinction or Speciation depending on the amount of devestation.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I prefer to believe that there will never be a WWIII. I have faith in humanity, as stupid as that may sound. Maybe I've watched too much Star Trek..........

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

The US would be idiotic if it started a war because of a tiny island with little stategic value and no resources to exploit (eg No Oil)

dink we fight wars just for oil? how about Haiti or Kosovo or Korea or other places where we have troops? dont dink American minds can just be over oil.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

dink we fight wars just for oil? how about Haiti or Kosovo or Korea or other places where we have troops? dont dink American minds can just be over oil.

Oil was just an example. I'm sure if you do some research into Haiti or Kosovo you'll find a some sort of valuable resource worth fighting over.

As for Korea that was not just a US effort it was a UN war due to primarily Ideology. Things have changed allot since Korea and even Vietnam. No more Warsaw pact. That's the point i was trying to make. There is no legit contenders on the world stage at this point in history. China could become a contender but They are way more isolationist then the CCCP, Nazis and Ottomans and I just don't see a China vs the West world war happening....ever.

If a War happened between the PRC and NATO. NATO would win easily if it was non-nuclear that is. If it went Nuclear(which it invariable would when it becomes clear that China would lose the war) then we all lose period.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Oil was just an example. I'm sure if you do some research into Haiti or Kosovo you'll find a some sort of valuable resource worth fighting over.

As for Korea that was not just a US effort it was a UN war due to primarily Ideology. Things have changed allot since Korea and even Vietnam. No more Warsaw pact. That's the point i was trying to make.

i have done my research on the Kosovo province and the Haiti nation and both of them are agricultural based economies. unless u dink we occupied Haiti for sugar.
not to mention the Cold war maybe over but Kim Jong is the leader of NK and we still have troops on the peninsula for years now after the Soviet collapse.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

i have done my research on the Kosovo province and the Haiti nation and both of them are agricultural based economies. unless u dink we occupied Haiti for sugar.

From the CIA factbook

Serbia - oil, gas, coal, iron ore, bauxite, copper, lead, zinc, antimony, chromite, nickel, gold, silver, magnesium, pyrite, limestone, marble, salt, hydropower, arable land

Haiti - bauxite, copper, calcium carbonate, gold, marble, hydropower

Who knows the true motivations for the Haitian war but the Serbian conflict looks suspicous.

Kim Jong is the leader of NK and we still have troops on the peninsula for years now after the Soviet collapse.

Kim Jong does not hold enough alliances with other countries to trigger a world war. The worst case scenario on the peninsula is for them to completely wipe each other off the map. Their neighbors like China, India and Indonesia do NOT want this to happen due to Radioactive fallout from N. Korea nukes.

And what is your point in that we have troops over their still? They aren't needed as South Korea has a very sizeable army and air force. They are literally in a stalemate.

This is offtopic though and you should really explain yourself in why you think Taiwan will be a trigger for a world war. It's not even that important an island it's more of a National Integrity thing for the Chinese (which I think is a Bait and Switch on their part but that's another topic alltogether)

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have interest in Nostradamus, although not a "follower". I do agree his quatrains were a bit of a stretch to call actual predictions. I do believe there will be a WWIII, how can there not. Too many people on this planet with too large of a gulf in thought processes. I believe Albert Einstein said it best:

"I don't know how the third world war will be fought," Albert Einstein once remarked, "but I do know that the fourth one will be fought with sticks and stones."

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Will Happen when Israel attacks Iran's nuke facilities, after Iran called for Israels destruction, who blames them?? Then the USA enters the war. Iran then attacks US troops in Iraq/Afghanistan with Bio weapons. The US nukes Iran, and then Russia and China invade the ME and Israel and the US uses nukes to repel them with Russia and China returning the favor....then NK says what the hell and then attacks the west coast. Then Japan jumps in and Invades NK and catches China with its pants down and invades the PRC homeland and then US/Europe take Russia and force the Russians and Chinese to leave the ME and everything returns to peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

From the CIA factbook

Serbia - oil, gas, coal, iron ore, bauxite, copper, lead, zinc, antimony, chromite, nickel, gold, silver, magnesium, pyrite, limestone, marble, salt, hydropower, arable land

and the Kosovo province is where the oil is right? and not to mention Serbia imports oil from Russia. guess there aint much oil there.

Haiti - bauxite, copper, calcium carbonate, gold, marble, hydropower
Who knows the true motivations for the Haitian war but the Serbian conflict looks suspicous.

now u mention about the U.S. invading for particular resource in Haiti and now u see no resources dat interests America so now u say who knows y America invaded Haiti maybe u should look wat happened to Haiti in the 90s.

Kim Jong does not hold enough alliances with other countries to trigger a world war. The worst case scenario on the peninsula is for them to completely wipe each other off the map. Their neighbors like China, India and Indonesia do NOT want this to happen due to Radioactive fallout from N. Korea nukes.
And what is your point in that we have troops over their still? They aren't needed as South Korea has a very sizeable army and air force. They are literally in a stalemate.

and u cant explain why we have troops in the Korean Peninsular can u? maybe yer thoughts would bring up to yer mind....oil right? but dat would be debunked.

This is offtopic though and you should really explain yourself in why you think Taiwan will be a trigger for a world war. It's not even that important an island it's more of a National Integrity thing for the Chinese (which I think is a Bait and Switch on their part but that's another topic alltogether)

if Taiwan was not dat important we wouldnt have send two carrier battle groups back in 96. and dis Bush admin vows to protect Taiwan which gets rid of the ambiguity back in the past. maybe it aint about oil after all maybe about democracy dat many optimistic Americans still believe. but i guess u dink we are just a bunch of idealists.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

but i guess u dink we are just a bunch of idealists.

The Public yes, your "elected" representatives no. There is something called "Self Interest" and just ask yourself what Specific Interest would it serve to have the USA risk a world war due to a flyspeck country?

Countries do not launch wars for "Humanitarian" reasons. It just doesn't happen.

Ask yourself this. Why did the UN go into Korea? To free the populace from a Communist system or to try to stem the proliferation of Communist power in Asia(which I might add was a miserable failure)? Also that war propped up a very viscious S. Korea dictatorship so the "Humanitarian" angle just got blown out of the water.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Public yes, your "elected" representatives no. There is something called "Self Interest" and just ask yourself what Specific Interest would it serve to have the USA risk a world war due to a flyspeck country?

Countries do not launch wars for "Humanitarian" reasons. It just doesn't happen.

well sooner or later it happens. for example under the Clinton admin we intervene in the Balkans twice, one in 95 and one in 99. nothing about resources, just about genocides, etc.

Ask yourself this. Why did the UN go into Korea? To free the populace from a Communist system or to try to stem the proliferation of Communist power in Asia(which I might add was a miserable failure)? Also that war propped up a very viscious S. Korea dictatorship so the "Humanitarian" angle just got blown out of the water.

its both. since Vietnam not other countries have turned Communist in Asia. SK dictatorship was overthrown as well as assasination (i wonder who did dat:roll
but since then SK has been prosperous Democratic republic while American troops on the DMZ sits there and wait for the million man army of NK which outnumbers the small army. many of the young generation of SK wants American troops out because its angering the NK leader which could lead to war, and many SK people want reunification, however the older generation who lived during the NK invasion in the 50s would want American troops to stay to be protected. Dictatorship and Democracy dont work together even with prospects of reunification. maybe the South Koreans can take care of themselves but right now they divert much of the money dat would be self defense forces to the economy thanks to U.S. forces that is there.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
World War 3 they say was predicted in 1999? Uhh we are in the year 2005, and thus far nothing has happen or will happen. World war 3 is to join a failing list of prophecies, too sad to say

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I see several cases, all of them not good.

1) Bush finds out Canada has oil and invades them for WMDs, no democracy, no protecting the people from the insurgents that attack our troops, no wait, shut up!

It will be America vs the World and will end when the people get pissed and invade D.C. and kill the republicans placing Colin Powell as the new President.

2) Bush nukes a country. He was doing coke and didn't realize what would happen when he called for pizza using the red phone.

Again US vs the World and will end when people invade D.C. and kill the republicans.

3) Bush invades Syria/Iran on BS evidence and then gets mad when the UN won't support him so he cuts ties with the UN and just goes nuts in the Middle East.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join