It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Media Silent On Latest Bird Flu Outbreaks

page: 1

join
share:
Oct

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
BEIJING - The deadly bird flu virus has been dominating headlines around the world, but China's own home-grown outbreaks remain largely taboo in the country's state-controlled media.

China’s media has been mostly silent, showing limits to its transparency that could affect efforts to curb the disease.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
China has been silent about this outbreak. Not only silent but outright concealing anything and everything that has occured. Just like SARS

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is odd; the bogus concerns that the U.S. wouldn't pass around the extremely dangerous 1918 virus caused a multi-page thread, yet this obvious concern created (again) by the Chinese government seems to get little notice.

I guess it's just chic to throw rocks at the U.S.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I guess it's just chic to throw rocks at the U.S.

Yes its become quite fashionable to lay the blame on the US using yellow journalism and other dubious tactics.

China is and remains suspect. Thier track record alone with SARS should push them to the forefront.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It is quite obvious what is going on....

they want the disease to mutate and spread throughout the world because they already have the vaccine and will only sell it if we promise to pay through the nose and also hand over whatever nuclear secrets that weren't sold during the previous administration!

Yellow journalism?

I'm not going there. No way.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
It is quite obvious what is going on....

they want the disease to mutate and spread throughout the world because they already have the vaccine and will only sell it if we promise to pay through the nose and also hand over whatever nuclear secrets that weren't sold during the previous administration!

Yellow journalism?

I'm not going there. No way.

Mwahaha, you're probably right. Thats exactly it, ifnact bird flu was completely made by the chinese as part of their global-control efforts.

While yes, it is kind of fashionable to bash the US, China having no freely-run media is pretty um.. crappy? shall i say. Though at least theirs dosen't pretend to be independent (to the rest of the world) unlike a certain Super Power I won't mention again

top topics

join