It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Say No to Cigarettes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm at 8 months smoke-free now.

I was thinking the other day and had wanted to quit for such a long time, but I remember not being able to envision myself as a non-smoker. I couldn't really imagine myself doing my thing without smoking, but here I am!

On another positive note, my mother has been smoke free for 16 days now. I'm proud of her. She went and did the hypnosis thing and apparently it's been really effective for her, which is great. She's a smoker of 35 years and I think this time she's really got it beat! It's encouraging for every long time smoker out there who wants to quit!

Keep on going everyone!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Congrats, parr!
Good on you, sweets!

I remember not being able to picture myself as a non-smoker, too. I thought I would always be a smoker, just without any cigarettes.
It was such an ingrained part of who I was that it felt like it would be like walking around without a limb or a head! Makes me wonder what's in those things! And here I am 5 years later!

Congratulations to your mother! You must be so happy for her! Yes, it's never too late to get that crap out of your life!

Ram

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I quit smoking now -

Thanks for the thread. talk to you later...

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Ram]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Congrats Ram!

We're proud of you, and I envy everyone of you who have "done it".

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
11 months! I'm closing in on 1 year!

As positive as I was when I quit, hitting 1 year seems different than I expected. It feels longer, but not long at all. I suppose it just is, anymore. I rarely think of it.

yay

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Woo-Hoo! Good on you, girl!

I know what you mean about the time seeming strange. It still does to me. It's over 5 years and in a way, it seems like I never smoked... it also seems like I smoked a few weeks ago. How weird...

So happy for you! A year! What a milestone! What are you going to do for yourself? A spa visit? A new outfit? An expensive coat? Ack! There are so many possibilities!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm sure this would help you quit smoking... either that or help you smoke a whole lot more.. not sure..

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So today is the first of many days of celebration!

I haven't smoked in

[size=10]ONE YEAR!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
[size=10]ONE YEAR!!!

Excellent! I'm very happy for you.

Great inspiration.

Edit: wow...look at that bb code.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by loam]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks loam

Never give up!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This a very uplifting thread. Thanks TC for starting it.
We should have a continuing thread for anyone who is looking to quit or has already for support. This is a community and should be what it's about.

I was a smoker for 14 yrs and had tried to quit numerous times and always went back for one reason or another. Mostly I wasn't mentally prepared to say "I am done and this is my last smoke."
I always went in with I am "trying" to quit which for me was from the start a defeatest attitude.

My final quit was 2 months ago. I was a pack a day smoker and to date I have NOT smoked 1,703 cigs. I constantly look at that number not by the length of time quit but by the amount of cigs I would have smoked by now and it's an eye opener.

I don't consider myself an EX smoker or Reformed smoker I am a NON SMOKER and tell myself that everyday.

Good luck to everyone on this board and Congrats.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Woo-Hoo, Parr!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't believe it's a year already! I remember when you quit like it was yesterday! Congratulations!

DDay, Congratulations to you! I swear, parr just quit such a short time ago and here she is celebrating a year already!

I look forward to the day when you're saying the same thing!

I quit so many times before I really quit (5 1/2 years ago!) For those still smoking, KEEP TRYING!!

Love, love, love...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's been a

[size=12]Year and a half!!! now!!!

Can't believe it. Yippppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Congratulations Parrhesia!!

Keep it going! W00t!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just bought a pack of Camel Wides.... ... ...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join