It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Pyramid Discovered in Bosnia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So this is the "pyramid"?

I can not see 4 sides making a square, and the only thing that looks like what could be a side of the "pyramid" is not pointing in the direction of any of the 4 cardinal points.

Sexator2005, where did you got your pictures from, I did not saw them in the site.

[edit on 23/4/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Sexator2005, where did you got your pictures from, I did not saw them in the site.

from other forum

Wig

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oly19,

Welcome to ATS and brilliant to find you live near Sarajevo! If I were there I'd be going to this site to see for myself and I hope you do go and hopefully take some pics for us.

Something you could do is to take a compass and see how the faces and corners of the pyramid relate to North, East, South & West. Also look for the excavations and see if you can decide if the formations look natural or man made.

I suppose it is all covered with snow at the moment though?

Oh and if you have a topographical map one which shows the contours of the area like this one:

/cum7s

Perhaps you could scan the relevant part and post the image for us ??? please.

[edit on 27/12/2005 by Wig]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
would it be possible to get some real photos of the pyramid and post them online here ? I will lend you space on web if you need no problem. PS: to add my 2 cents, it looks real to me.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi, I thougt of going there, but it's snowing heavily at the moment.
Hopefully it's not a restricted area.
I could take some photos.
I don't know about map, I'll try to find something.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello. I went to the link www.alternativnahistorija.com... and scanned it. Having slight familiarity with a few things he mentions here, and although I don't speak or read that language there are a few cognates I could make out, he seems to be pointing out some relationship between ancient civilizations and aliens - pointing out the relationship between a petroglyph image and a constellation. I visited a strange site in the Peruvian foothills of the Andes with the most remarkable huge petroglyph fragments seemingly strewn on a hill leading down into a deep misty valley. One of them had a spider, another a 'peace' sign and another was completely different - an oval shaped boulder with a slightly concave surface with convex bumps on it of different sizes. The only theory about it so far is that it is some kind of star chart, but to my knowledge it is not very frequented or documented. Going back to his text at that link, I couldn't find anything about Mu etc. not that I think it's at all improbable that he would draw a relationship between ancient civilizations and alien visitors - it's been done many times before.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if the Cardinal Point shift is due to an actual pole shift that has been suggested many times in other contexts ... responsible for triggering the Ice Age for example? Considering its age, it might be possible. At the link www.alternativnahistorija.com... that Mr. Mysterious posted, Osmanagić is also shown looking into one of those huge meteorite crater lakes the making of which has also been discussed as a possible reason for a polar shift.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
the guy is a friggin genious, you need to read his paper on mayan pyramids ! Apparently they are "sound tuned" like those music forks that vibrate so if you stand at the bottom of a mayan pyramid devoted to Quetzocoatl and you clap your hands you dont hear an echo of your clapping but asound of mayan holy bird, becouse of the height of the stares !

he is also very into freemasons and such connections, he even talks about the murals in the Dallas airport on his page. Quite a character, i hope he digs the pyramids out and proves his theories. There is also quite a long list of affiliates of this project on his site and they range from american, brit, german scientist as well as bosnian cultural ministry.

It is definately not a one man hoax or anything

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Strange, I'm sure that this site alternativnahistorija.com had an english version 2 moths ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
im sure the english version was there a week ago when i was on the site

hmmmm

FOUNT IT !

www.alternativnahistorija.com...

[edit on 30-12-2005 by nukunuku]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I haven't had time to read his English article completely, but it doesn't seem to be exactly the same one as the one in his mother-tongue ... is it Bosnian, Croatian, Yugoslavian ... ? I am surprised that he makes no mention of Churchward and his study of ancient petroglyphs and more, beginning with his deciphering of ancient Uighur tablets. I'll also have to look into some of his references when I have a bit more time. The dates he mentioned wrt the sinking of Mu in the Mayan Codexes seem to be quite similar to those of the Uighur tablets. It's always so interesting to find out how many correspondences there are between the histories/mythologies/spiritual concepts of ancient cultures all around the world. I'll definitely be looking forward to reading more about the Bosnian pyramids!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yes, he does mention him. Finally got a bit of time to read some more - very interesting. Thanks again for your help in finding this English text!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is not a pyramid, it is a mountain. Please stop seeing pyramids everywhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
sigh read it all they uncovered an entrance, dug and hit stone blocks, found various things, its pyramid shaped, etc etc its a pyramid.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I personally still can't see anything that shows that the hill was man made. Just drawing red lines (that don't really fit) down the side of a hill doesn't make it a pyramid. The slabs of stone look like....slabs of stone, with no evidence that they were tooled by man (although that's not to say that they definitely weren't)

If it is being suggested that the hill was natural, but was paved over to make a pyramid, does this fit what we would define as a man made pyramid anyway? Aren't South American and Eygptian pyramids always completely made of blocks of stone fitted together?

The tunnels could have been made at any time, and tunnels do not a pyramid make.

Wig

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
sigh read it all they uncovered an entrance, dug and hit stone blocks, found various things, its pyramid shaped, etc etc its a pyramid.

I've seen a picture of a tunnel on this thread, but it could have been dug by the archaeologists, I can't read his language so I can't read anything on his website. I haven't seen anything positively man made in any of the pictures.

Osmanagic is well travelled and has lots of info, which he has used for a book (don't know if there was an English translation), I'd be interested if he produced a book in English. I think with this Bosnia pramid you have to be there, but the fact they haven't got any pictures with obvious man made formations is not a good sign.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
english press release:

Semir (Sam) Osmanagić
Houston, Texas, SAD
e-mail: [email protected]

12-18-2005

Press Release

Geophysical Analysis of the Bosnian Pyramid Complex by the Remote Sensing Geophysicists at SpecTIR Corp.

Additional Evidence that the Mounds Visocica and Pljesevica, near Visoko in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Represent Ancient Colossal Stone Structures.

Two researchers using ultra-modern satellite imaging believe they have confirmed a discovery of huge, ancient buildings, which may be the first European pyramids, buried in a rugged, mountainous area, near the town of Visoko in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Dr. Amer Smailbegovic who with his partner, Sean Anklam, are leading the investigative remote sensing work, said “ based on preliminary analysis of data collected thus far we have encouraging and compelling evidence that the two mounds we are focusing on may be in fact ancient pyramids.”

The researchers, working at SpecTIR Corporation in Reno, Nevada, USA have analyzed multiple satellite, airborne and radar imagery, and geospatial datasets, acquired over Visocica and Pljesevica, two mounds in Bosnia and Herzegovina postulated by a growing amount of scientific evidence, to be the first European Pyramids. Using several different available spaceborne, airborne and topographic datasets (Radarsat, Landsat, Hyperion, Orbview, IKONOS, Quickbird, Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) they hope to attain the full view of the area.

The SpecTIR Corporation commands recognition on its expertise and integrity, and elite clientele in the United States, ranging from government agencies to corporations and educational institutions. The company specializes in the acquisition of airborne hyperspectral imagery, analysis and interpretation of geospatial datasets and integration of multiple datasets into ready-to-use information for their customers.

“Personally speaking, we have no doubts that some kind of enormous, man-made structures exists in and around Visocica: the sides of the mounds appear unnatural because they are very linear, with clearly defined edges. The nature generally abhors straight lines and geometric theorems. In addition to Visocica and Pljesevica features, we may have identified other structures, not readily apparent to the observer on the ground.” state Dr. Smailbegovic and Anklam in their findings.

The researchers said they are applying the latest scientific methods in their geo-archaeological investigation. Smailbegovic said a number of Bosnian scientists will join the effort in the coming year. So far, the volunteer effort has centered on analyzing data collected from satellite imagery of areas near Visocica and Pljesevica, about 30km northwest of Sarajevo. A continued, concentrated effort will be initiated to explore the pyramid interior and the network of underground tunnel systems. Semir Osmanagic, the team’s principal investigator, said he is exploring several geophysical methods which could be used to explore the interior of the underground structures and the network of tunnels which may connect them to other areas of archaeological interest in the Visoko Valley.

so fast to jump to conclusions....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
VERY interesting...this means that there are pyramids all over the world!

I wonder where the one in Australia is hiding ?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
meanwhile here is the list of current researchers for this project:

Adams Jonathan, istraživač korelacije među svjetskim piramidama (Suffolk, Velika Britanija), Avdičević Mirza, historičar (Kanada), Bašić Anton (Japan), Čakić Goran, dipl.ing. (BiH), Čobanov Silvana, dipl. arheolog (BiH), dr. Čorić Stjepan, geolog i paleontolog, Austrijsko geološko društvo (Austrija), Forgione Adriano, izdavač historijskog i arheološkog magazina HERA (Italija), Gjonbalaj Lorik (Kosovo), Hasanbegović Omer, arhitektonska vizualizacija i dizajn (BiH), Janković Saša, arheolog (BiH), Jovanović Jovo, dipl.ing. (BiH), Jukan Nedim, dipl. geolog (BiH), dr. Kulović Mirsad, transportno odjeljenje države Tenesi (SAD), Lund Pete, arheolog (Portland, SAD), Mahinić Adnan, artist i illustrator (BiH), Matić Aldo, historičar (Hrvatska), Menger Dejan, speleolog (BiH), Mihailović Siniša, novinar-istraživač (BiH), Moller Nicholas, predsjednik GIFNET (Švicarska), Narcis L., grafičko oblikovanje (Oslo, Norveška), Nukić Nađija, dipl. geolog (BiH), Pavlović Goran (Irska), Pilav Sead, dipl. arheolog i etno-historičar (Univerzitet u Štokholmu, Švedska), Repisti Ibrica, dipl. geolog (Kotor, Crna Gora), Rumi Tomas, arheolog (Mađarska), dr. Smailbegović Amer, geofizika, glavni naučnik Spectir Corp. (Reno, Nevada, SAD), Zečević Bojan, vlasnik IEVE agencije (London, Velika Britanija), Zisko-Aksamija Ajla, doktorant iz arheologije (SAD)…

this guy also thinks there are pyramids all over the world and they are our heritage from some ancient civilization, like ones in China are very similar to south american ones.

the tallest one is in China, 300m

some Chinese pyramids, with conveniently planted trees

more photos:

sorry the text is in Bosnian.....its as good time as any to learn it

Quite intruiging for me

Wig

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
so fast to jump to conclusions....

Yes you are, I repeat, I have not seen ANYTHING that points to any evidence of anything manmade. All we have so far is a hill with some fairly linear sides.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join