It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Pyramid Discovered in Bosnia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If this thing has tunnels and passageways, then it has to be related to pyramids on other continents. Most likely leading down to a central chamber, with a box of some kind.

Maybe it was pu where it was because it was the best place to get the materials for construction. The Giza pyramids were fairly close to sandstone quaries. Maybe these were put here because there is an abundant supply of materials close by.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
If this thing has tunnels and passageways, then it has to be related to pyramids on other continents.

Not necessarily.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Most likely leading down to a central chamber, with a box of some kind.

I suppose you're suggesting that this may be a tomb, then.

Originally posted by irishmen3g
If this turns out to be real, which I have no reason to doubt............we have the same things appearing around the globe, and if someone can/would create a timeline for all the pyramid's build date\s, I think we must look at the fact that we have a lot of unrecorded history.......or am I wrong??

Well, we don't know the date that this pyramid was built, if it is indeed manmade at all. As for unrecorded history, sure, there is plenty that we could learn about the past, but the odds are extremely slim that we missed something absolutely major.

Originally posted by rizla
One thing I notice is that the bosnian 'pyramid(s)' is not built on a plain (like the chinese and egyptian pyramids). Not sure about the S.American variety. If I was going to build a pyramid to last a long time, I'd pick a flat spot as I figure its more geologically stable. Saying that, I'm no geologist.

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. I've visited the Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza and the surrounding area in Mexico and they were built on a flat plain, a result of a partially cleared jungle.

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Compare the shape of it to the hill in the background behind it, seems very similar to me.

Yeah, definitely. I agree. Most of the images we're seeing are coming from the same angle, but in some images you can see that the thing isn't really shaped like a pyramid at all.

Zip

[edit on 10/29/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
its not like the whole mountain is a pyramid, he says they built things differently becouse of terrain so the pyramid would be the upper part of the mountain. Man that would be one awesome find !
And its not a photoshop definately, some guy from the forum took this picture from his balcony so its not the archaeologists picture at all

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The net is now talking about it more. According to the guy, there are two pyramids. From what I can make out from the translations, he says he's found a wall, a large flat area, and a set of stairs (the base of the pyramid).

Assorted tit-bits:

A (more) interesting rock photo: www.fena.ba...

"According to people from this project, they found layers of clay, than "concrete" stone (!), "ornamental stone with addition of metals, rubble etc." (in the drill cores)

"Osmanagic on Wednesday told Fena that this facility has an accession plateau wide 40 and long 200 meters built of stone plates. The access plateau is in the form of stairs leading to the pyramid."

Apart from the “pyramid of the Sun”, Osmanagic claims that to smaller pyramid, which he calls “pyramid of the Moon” is located in the opposite area to Visocica, which again confirms that pyramids to were always built in pairs."

Here's a quote from a guy who says he lives near-by:

"I live in Visoko near the Visocica Hill. Everybody here is talking about the piramyd. It would be great if thats true. I know their founf something like stairs and old human skeleton (but thats not from a 10.000 years ago probably). To say the truth it sounds unbelivable but my noto is "everything is possible""

"Here are the coordinates for google earth: 18.18,43.99000000000002,0
Unfortunately, the region is not in high-res."

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
look how all of the pyramids are in good shape...the form of them is triangular...good vs wind resistance...we should build pyramid shaped buildings in hurrican prone areas...good wind resistance and stay stronger last longer. rectangle houses jst dont cut it in those areas...i love this topic amazing discoveries.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Looks like a large hill. How did all the vegitation surround it? Did they build it out of dirt?

If it is a pyramid, it was built for agriculture purposes much like what the Chinese have done, which explains why it is made primarily or just covered in dirt.

Hoax, fake, sensationalism, fantasy, etc. I call bs on this one. 30% chance man made, but nothing like the Mayan or Egyptian pyramids.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Looks like a large hill. How did all the vegitation surround it? Did they build it out of dirt? Hoax, fake, sensationalism, fantasy, etc. I call bs on this one.

Just a question, is there anything on here that you DO believe? Before i even clicked to view the replies on this thread, when I saw your name I knew you were going to call BS without any real information to back up your claim.

Not trying to attack you, but you always seem to have your mind made up on everything before you even give it a chance.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi I am new here and maybe got you some Intresting info.

First European piramides were found in april 2003 Italy.
Check the position and compare with the Gizeh Piramides and be blown away

www.crystalinks.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

farshores.org...

farshores.org...

check this link "Italská Gíza" - 2.část
on this chechisch site
www.mwm.cz...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why has noone noticed this before? Its a sodding great hill, surely some sort of landslide or something would expose the pyramid within after 10000 years?

And as for the idea that 50% of the Balkan population is descended from the 'builders' of these 'pyramids'. Firstly the people would have to trace back their descnedants 10000 years. In the 3rd century huge hordes of people swept from Asia into the region, killing off the natives and settling there themselves. Then in the 16th century settlers from the Ottoman empire came to spread Islam to the Chrisitians.

The area has been settled over and over again, no way are 50% of the people descneded from the original inhabitants.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He doesn't seem to have presented any good evidence for the hill being man made, his pciture in that brochure has it as being stone but the cores indicate that the hill is made out of dirt, and clay, in natural layers even, so this thing might not even be a manmade lump of dirt.

What in the world is he basing his dating on, with such poor evidence???

The Illyrians are a people that inhabited that region of the world.

Here are some pages about them:
theillyrians.homestead.com...
greek-gods.tripod.com...

10,000 years ago is 8,000 BC, here is the wikipage for that era

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Little Update, these Italien Piramides are also discovered by satelite and This news was reported in many newspaper although no further investigations have been made yet."

I wonder why?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Japairman

First European piramides were found in april 2003 Italy.
Check the position and compare with the Gizeh Piramides and be blown away

www.mwm.cz...

wow... that is amazing not only that they are in a straight line.. but are all equally distant from each other. This for sure gives a bit more credibility to the theory that aliens helped create these. Back then they would almost have no way of accurately spacing these pyramids

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh my god i saw the aerial view and it clicked instantly.
if this isnt a pyramid then its a BIG coincidence.

GIZA

This place

Pacific Pyramids???

big to medium to small in a bent line? coincidence?

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
so they found some pyramids in greece then?

i am a little confused over how that line was drawn up

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
O that big pic with the line looks so cool *joygasm*
but can someone validate it please.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just looking at the map showing the line between the supposed 'Pyramids of Europe' Giza and Mecca is quite funny.

Odd how many of the Euro pyramids appear either underwater with no evidence whatsoever (off the coast of Ireland) or in hilly regions. A cynic might go so far as to call those 'pyramids' hills. This whole thing seems to be nonsense of the Von Daiken variety.

Of course time will tell but im not optimistic.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Just looking at the map showing the line between the supposed 'Pyramids of Europe' Giza and Mecca is quite funny.

Odd how many of the Euro pyramids appear either underwater with no evidence whatsoever (off the coast of Ireland) or in hilly regions. A cynic might go so far as to call those 'pyramids' hills. This whole thing seems to be nonsense of the Von Daiken variety.

Of course time will tell but im not optimistic.

gauranteed that the pyramids were built as signs.we have to cover them up to look the same colour as are areas surrounding them...i think these are arrow signs possibly to area 51?or something like that..the ocean where they have there hole underground.

lol jst though of that one

BirDMan_x

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The global map also shows that a bunch of random cities line up with one another too. And the main line doesn't line up with the south american pyramids nor the 'pyramids' in iraq. And, again, thre is no evidence that this thing in greece actually is a pyramid at all.

Also, why is mecca included? Just because it lines up? Its not a pyramid, the kabba has a rock that is probably a meteorite (indeed, there are lots, apparenly, of mini-meccas throughout muslim territories, 'heaven stone' worship), so its placement is more or less random no? Also, the ku#e pyramids don't line up either.

Indeed, just how well do any of these things line up in the first place? Those dots are gigantic, they certainly don't correspond to scale of the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Also there is no evidence that these are pyramids. Just a couple of dodgy websites that reference each other (a favourite trick) from 2003. Can anyone show me any evidence that they are pyramids? Not just some guy apparently called "Marco of Italy" (which is like Smith of England) saying that they are pyramids?

Sorry I've absolutely no idea what this is meant to be or what the scale is. Could you find something a bit more low res (like one pixel for the entire planet)?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here's some similar looking English pyramids
Note in particular how there are 3 of them, almost in a line. Just like at Giza!

And if you believe they really are man made pyramids, then sadly there is little hope left for humankind......

The Bosnian 'pyramids' are clearly also natural hills. One of which even has the ruins of a medieval fortress on it.

n the Middle Ages, Visoko was the social, economic and political capital of Bosnia, earning it the title of a royal town. The city is first mentioned in 1355 in a chart made for Dubrovnik merchants by ban Kulin.

Visoko was a center of the Bosnian Church with the bishop placed in Biskupici area 4 km away from Visoko. The name Visoko is a new name for the town, old name was Visoki, and it means "high place" because the king's town was on top of the nearby montain Visočica. Urban city is located below, and named Podvisoki ("under the high").

(From Wikipedia)

There is simply no evidence whatsoever to draw any other conclusion...... Unless, that is, you really do believe that The Malvern hills in England are also really 27,000 year old pyramids!

You also might like to bear in mind the comments of an anonymous Bosnia scientist posted here

1. This Bosnian 'Indiana Jones' is not a doctor, let alone a professor. He is a (construction) contractor who goes by his Americanised name of Sam Osmanagich, and his business is called: Met Company, Inc., of 10102 Lakeside Gables Dr., Houston TX 77065, USA, Ph. (281) 807-9681.

2. Bosnian daily 'Dnevni Avaz' that passed this story on to Reuters and BBC is owned by a warlord who got enormously rich after the 1992-1995 war by who-knows-how methods, and who is in a grave need for moneys that would help him finance his pharaonic (pun intended) projects such as the 'largest business center (building) in the Balkans'. So, this gentleman will publish ANY story one wants published, provided that one has enough money to pay for the space, a personal photographer that is rented on a daily-fee basis, and a set of lovely colour photographs. The placement of the article can be selected as well, including the front-page placement in the daily.

3. People, get real: it literally IS impossible that a Bosnia's common-shaped hill could ever be a pyramid (there are hundreds of like-shaped geomorphologies throughout our mountainous country).
I am very sorry for all of you (especially Reuters and BBC) who bought into this scam. Less than five years ago, the very same group of people who are trying to pull off the pyramid scam, got carried away with building an airport “larger than the Sarajevo airport”. Of course, that project failed – their biggest competitor, the Sarajevo airport, is just 20 miles away… Yours truly, an ashamed Bosnian scientist.

Which, if true, seems to wrap this hoax up nicely

(Although given anonymously, the fact are all readily verifiable)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join