It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Pyramid Discovered in Bosnia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
EUROPE´S FIRST PYRAMID DISCOVERED IN BOSNIA

www.rumormillnews.com...

"Bosnia's daily Dnevni Avaz reported about "a sensational discovery" of "the first European pyramid" in the central town of Visoko, about 20 miles north of Sarajevo.

Excavations at a hill site above the town have been going on for several months and initial analyses "have confirmed the original claim that this is Europe's first pyramid and a monumental building, similar in dimensions to the Egyptian pyramids."

The artefact is said to be around 10,000 years old."

BBC link too.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-10-2005 by rizla]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
OMG its huge!!!!

You mean they never noticed it before?

"Hey dear whats that big pile out back?"
"I dunno, lets go and have a look, I never noticed it before"

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Additional news sources:

news.bbc.co.uk... (Scroll to the very bottom of the page.)

tvnz.co.nz...

www.nbc4.tv...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
You mean they never noticed it before?

Yeah no kidding.

To me what I find most interesting is it's age. The Great Pyramid of Giza is the oldest structure (as far as I know) and that was built some 4,600 years ago.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
YES!

if this does end up being a pyramid.... oh man this would be huge for mine and others theories on the pyramids being built by or at least assisted to build by alien lifeforms.... i mean this thing would be over 5000 years older than the oldest egyptian pyramid.. we are talking even more primitive people with even less technology than the egyptians!

the question is.... what cause it to be covered in dirt and flora and fauna????????

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
if this does end up being a pyramid.... oh man this would be huge for mine and others theories on the pyramids being built by or at least assisted to build by alien lifeforms.... i mean this thing would be over 5000 years older than the oldest egyptian pyramid.. we are talking even more primitive people with even less technology than the egyptians!

Well, so far, it looks like a much more primitive pyramid than the Egyptian pyramids, if it is a man-made pyramid at all. So far that's just a guy's theory. If it does prove to be man-made, well, pyramids are the most basic building structure. Wouldn't aliens build, like, Patronas Towers or something?

Zip

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
VERY interesting...this means that there are pyramids all over the world!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If the site is confirmed to be a pyramid it would be very interesting to see what, if anything, might be contained within its chambers.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Well, so far, it looks like a much more primitive pyramid than the Egyptian pyramids, if it is a man-made pyramid at all. So far that's just a guy's theory. If it does prove to be man-made, well, pyramids are the most basic building structure. Wouldn't aliens build, like, Patronas Towers or something?

Zip

yes, the pyramid is the most basic shape. but as far being easy to construct, no. The question is why do we find these pyramids all over the world in different areas of civilization? did ancient civilizations have some sort of connection to each other in this aspect? it is just astonishing to me that all these different civilizations constructed pyramids that are all very similar to each other in use and design.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Very strange... the reports contradict each other. One says it's a "team of archaeologists" then suddenly it's just one person in another report. The town is naturally excited and is promoting this (hey, it's tourism. That means money and they're no fools.)

Let's kinda keep an eye on this one and see what develops. If there IS a team of archaeologists, they'll be publishing reports about it very soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Very strange... the reports contradict each other. One says it's a "team of archaeologists" then suddenly it's just one person in another report. The town is naturally excited and is promoting this (hey, it's tourism. That means money and they're no fools.)

Byrd hit the nail on the head...as per-normal, and before me [just] as per normal.

The reports switch between a group and one person, they do not detail how they dated it or if they even know it is a pyramid yet and not just a few steps on the side of a mountain/hill, with a wall. From their evidence it is a rather large "jump" to make such a claim.

You also have to look at it from another example, Bosnia needs to get more money into their economy - tourism is a cheap and easy way and without something like this, being "found" they would have a much harder time doing that after the war in the late 1990's.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
EUROPE´S FIRST PYRAMID DISCOVERED IN BOSNIA

there is already an existing pyramid in europe so this is not the first one to be found.

silbury hill in wiltshire, england is over 4000 years old and contains a pyramid structure underneath it.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Excellent observation about the conflicting reports. I will have to keep my subsribtion to this thread and check the web for updates on this pyramid.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A similar find was announced in China a year or two ago. Turns out that these "pointy hills" were ancient pyramids. Not sure what date they put on them, or if they found anything inside..I shall google and see what i find...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here is something to start you off:

Chinese Pyramids

Ram

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Do you know the smudge tool in photoshop? or in Corel painter...

Great drawing programs..

I like Corel Painter best - number 9 - or IX... And i use a digital pen to make pictures....
They also use these pen's in many grafic's jobs..it's a great tool to make textures for games also..

The smudge tool can move colors. You can do amazing things with smudge..

----------------------------------------------------
Can anyone find more pictures from that area - where those pyramids are?
Or is this the only picture avaible..?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
facinating stuff. pyramids are great.
i hope its true its very exiting. imagine if it is 10,000 years old

i had no idea about the asian ones either

[edit on 28-10-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If this proves true it will be interesting to see how it impacts the accepted historic time line for ancient civilizations!

What about the Italia Pyramids found back in '02-'03? Did anything come of that? I can't find much. These would also put the kibosh on the "Europe's First Pyramids" claim, unless they were just mountains after all.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysterious
If this proves true it will be interesting to see how it impacts the accepted historic time line for ancient civilizations!

What about the Italia Pyramids found back in '02-'03? Did anything come of that? I can't find much. These would also put the kibosh on the "Europe's First Pyramids" claim, unless they were just mountains after all.

Heck, if it even comes close to changing the "accepeted theory", I guarantee that Mr Hawass of Egypt fame will still stick his head up his arse and deny that the Pyramids/Sphinx there are older than he says. The weathering on the Sphinx alone proves it is at least 5000 years older than they say it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
These two links offer a few more pics of the site. It's all in Bosnian or Croatian, I've no idea.

sarajevo-x.com...
and
sarajevo-x.com...

OK, this seems to be Osmanagić's site.
www.alternativnahistorija.com...

Now, can anyone translate what he's talking about? It seems to me, from the pictures that he's trying to compare his find in Bosnia to pyramids of South America, specifically how they look when still buried.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by MrMysterious]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join