It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is GOD an advanced ET and if the answer is yes, then what are we?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ever since the John Lear ATS discussion I have given thought to his story about the "Planet Earth experiment" and the "Moon Connection". I just asked what is God, so many of us believe in him/her/it, that i think there must be something in it. Anyway using technology you could do miracles of yesteryear today.

Also the question why are we here, are we an alien experiment being carried out over thousands of years by an advanced ET group or could we have been seeded by a civilization who have forgotten about us. Are we being regularly checked up on by alien vets, just like we do to wild animals.

Is it just God watching our daily drudge and when we go to meet him saying your names down come in or sorry your reservation is for somewhere else.

The question i want to concentrate on is - If there is a God, then what pigeon hole do you stick him in?

1. Advanced ET - Using Technologies far advanced from our own.

2. Spiritual being with mystical superpowers of the mind and soul.

The human body is a fantastic design for recording life through the senses so the J Lear the soul is a electrical recording device has some merit with me fits in nice with re-incarnation as well. Although I do like the Idea of Spiritual being over Technologist. Any thoughts welcome and not laughed at.

So has anyone thought on this or is it just me being rather strange and being haunted by an Interesting ATS discussion with Mr Lear.

Out on a limb with this one.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Guess no one has an opinion on God's origins guess i should have said he was being held at area 51 by men in black. Now that would have got some replies. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
According to researchers like Zecharia Sitchin, there was a group of extraterrestrials (who were probably Zetan-Reptilian) that mixed their DNA with hominids on this planet hundreds of thousands of years ago in order to come up with a slave race of Homo sapiens to work the mines.

Does that make the Zetan-aliens our spiritual masters?

Hardly.

Does it mean that they created the Universe?

Not at all.

Many religions and philosophies espouse that the Universe was created by one God Realized being. Many mystics believe that to be able to create something with amplified thought in The Light on the Other Side, and to be able to do it individually (i.e., when not part of a Group Entity) indicates that one is God Realized.

Now let's take a quick look at the spiritually retarded Zetan-Greys, the most commonly reported alien in abductions...

Research indicates that their method of operation is to first paralyze their victims with an intense white flood-light or sky blue beam. If they truly had teleportation capability, then they could just beam or phase their intended into holding cells on-board their spacecraft. They would not have to first paralyze them. So it is safe to assume that they have no teleportation capability.

Despite Zetan propaganda through brainwashed abductees, the aliens in question have no godlike abilities; they cannot read minds, teleport, or walk through walls.

If the Zetan-aliens were actually God Realized and Ascended Masters of Light, then they would not have to kidnap anyone for anything. They could simply create with The Light exactly what they wanted and needed

Taking the above into account along with the way that they treat most people that they come into contact with -- as laboratory animals -- leads one to conclude that they are not spiritual beings at all, much less God Realized souls.

So I side with the idea that The Original Creator was not a physical extraterrestrial in a spacecraft, but an Ascended Master of Light who initiated The Big Bang with the energy of The Light -- which not only predates the Universe but transcends the physical spectrum of energy.

High-tech aliens have some impressive feats that they can perform. But physically-based technology, no matter how advanced, is limited to using only the physical spectrum of energies.

You cannot create matter with the physical spectrum of energies, you can only change its form.

Only with The Light Of The God Force on the Other Side can one actually create matter, just as The Original Creator did billions of years ago.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When I was a younger I used to dream of the people on earth were created by others from outerspace. Yet all of space was made by a creator of somekind who has passed away sometime ago

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My point being passed away to where exactly, what is passing away?
Have you looked at the John Lear discussions he had a angle on it!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hmmmm .... difficult question to answer due to the extemely high number of variables and "blank spots" in our human database ...

One could easily argue that there isa divine being that created the human race ... due to the fact that faith is intrinsic to such statement.

Likewise, another could just as easily say that humans evolved on the planet and are the most refined example of primate on the planet.

Yet others will say that our distant ancestors were "boosted" by etra terrestrials to accelerate or modify our destiny and potential.

Which is the truth? ... as for myself, I tend toward the causal explanations for our origins, but of course thats personal to me for my beliefs ...

One point of consideration though, as Einstien pointed out, one's relative state is important in regards to comparisons and views...

... and humans armed with sufficiently advanced science / technology have been mistaken for gods by more "primitive" societies ...

Given this context, then is is unreasonable that humans in the distant past (and even today) would view ETs of suffcient advancement to be Gods?

As a famous SF writer once observed, ... any science that is sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.

hmmmm .... so what are the distinguishing charateristics of a god?

1. Immense knowledge?
2. Absolute power?
3. Imortality?

So what happens if a spacefareing race (who has conquered intersteller travel) comes to Earth?

1. Immense knowledge - well by our standards well beyond anything we have today let alone thousands of years ago ...

2. Absolute power - once again when measuring sword, spear and arrow against the likes of what? energy weapons? mass drivers? atomics? etc.

3. Immortality? ... An advanced medical science that either prolongs life or allows for virtual immortality?

hmmmmm ... even given todays citizens, I would say that such entities could very well be viewed as gods ...

LCKob

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What I've never understood is why we should be the object of any other entiy's attention at all. Whatever is behind our creation is more likely not aware of us at all. We're such a small part of a humongous universe.

We are aware of ourselves, which is kind of odd in itself, but that may be as far as it goes. IMHO we may come and go as a species and no one will even know we were ever here at all. It may be that a universal consciousnes exists, and we are such a small part of it that our contribution goes completely unnoticed. Then again, we may be the only conscious entity that exists, in which case there is nothing out there to be aware of us.

I really don't know. All I do know is, if there is some entity out there that is aware of the plight of us humans, and if that entity has the power to guide our lives in good and bad ways, then it must have a sadistic twinge. Considering all the awful things that occur daily on earth; all the famine, misery and pain suffered around the world by the totally innocent; the horrendous slaughter of thousands daily for unjust causes and criminal gain; all the people suffering the pangs of hunger in a world that could provide for their needs. If there is some one or some thing out there that is all powerful and can control our fate, then I don't see it as a merciful or compassionate one.

IMHO, if we are part of some larger experimant, then we are on our own swimming around in the dish, and if noticed at all then we are being observed just to see how we will survive left to our own resources.

Sorry to interject such a dark side to things, but it's how it all appears to me. At least today ...

[edit on 10/28/2005 by netbound]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I haven't read any John Lear. I think all life form dies and the energy that made us goes to the nearest sun. As for the creator its self I realy don't think of it much what it was or what it looked like. I thank it for life.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
What I've never understood is why we should be the object of any other entiy's attention at all. Whatever is behind our creation is more likely not aware of us at all. We're such a small part of a humongous universe.

We are aware of ourselves, which is kind of odd in itself, but that may be as far as it goes. IMHO we may come and go as a species and no one will ever know we were even here at all. It may be that a universal consciousnes exists, and we are such a small part of it that our contribution goes completely unnoticed. Then again, we may be the only conscious entity that exists, in which case there is nothing out there to be aware of us.

I really don't know. All I do know is, if there is some entity out there that is aware of the plight of us humans, and if that entity has the power to guide our lives in good and bad ways, then it must have a sadistic twinge. Considering all the awful things that occur daily on earth; all the famine, misery and pain suffered around the world by the totally innocent; the horrendous slaughter of thousands daily for unjust causes and criminal gain; all the people suffering the pangs of hunger in a world that could provide for their needs. If there is some one or some thing out there that is all powerful and can control our fate, then I don't see it as a merciful or compassionate one.

IMHO, if we are part of some larger experimant, then we are on our own swimming around in the dish, and if noticed at all then we are being observed just to see how we will survive left to our own resources.

Sorry to interject such a dark side to things, but it's how it all appears to me. At least today ...

No, you bring up valid points ... ones which I have thought on in regards to the possibility of a devine being ... which is why I tend not to place to much emphasis on the direct intervention of some benevolent entity for his, her or its children ... because of the evils that happen as you have stated ... leaves me to conclude that such an entity either does not care, cares but is impotent, or is thinking on such a broad scale that we humans amount to what a scientist sees on a slide under a microscope ... in which case - amounts to not caring anyway.

I just hope that if a super advanced did "help us along" it was for truly altruistic reasons and not as slaves or idle experiments ... or food ...ewww... because If the tech level is that different, I really don't think it would turn out like ID4 ... more like if humans used chimpanzees as slave labor ....

LCKob

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why ya think all the new prime time shows on tv this season.
Cant hide it forever....

Fortunately they are making shows like "Invasion" and "Threshold" horrible as to desensitize us so we dont utterly freak to something that otherwise would.

Ex: Something shocking has been hidden for a long long time. How can we condition people to where they wont totally freak out? Introduce ideas that are really way more horrible than it really is so when it is finally introduced..it wont be such a shock.

Containment is beginning to become a pain basically. Cant you sense it?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm not a tv watcher, don't even have basic channels. invasion and threshold, I'll have to look it up to see what they are about.
[EDIT] oooooooh ufo type [/EDIT]

[edit on 10/28/2005 by EvilBat]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A type IV civilization could for all practical purposes be God. They would have mastered all space and time. It would seem likely any such civilization would be able to create Type 0 civilization on a planet for whatever reason.

Im sure a Type III would be able to do that.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow! Just reading that question makes my brain hurt. I have never thought of God in that way before. But now that you think about it, it is a possibility. But I guess we won't know until "the end". Great discussion and extremely interesting. I will be thinking about this for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
When I was a younger I used to dream of the people on earth were created by others from outerspace. Yet all of space was made by a creator of some kind who has passed away sometime ago.

You may not realize it, but that was an incredibly insightful and accurate message from Spirit that was given to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

You may not realize it, but that was an incredibly insightful and accurate message from Spirit that was given to you.

I never thought of it as a message. Now I'll think of that for a while.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... interesting read on sort of the same subject. Also.. shouldnt this been in the Aliens and UFOs forum?

So... if you read my link you can see that GOD could be (and probably is) an ET billions of years more advanced then us.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No human being knows the answers to the questions and hypotheses you pose. Many say they know, but they are either deluded or they are liars.

The Urantia Book addresses some of the issues you address and I think it is about as plausible as any explanation I have ever encountered. However, as I have never lived outside my own time or traveled to the far-reaches of space or ever conversed with any alien being, material or otherwise, I cannot personally vouch for its accuracy.

[edit on 2005/10/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I love threads like this. (Say that in good spirit) God is more awesome than you could EVER imagine,you simply can't get your head around "Him" or comprehend Him. This is ok because you were not supposed to according to the Bible. God is a mystery (We will never know 'all' there is to know about Him) and the best place to know more about what He wants you to know is in the Bible. You should start with Genesis. My favorite incidence in the Bible concerning this subject is in Exodus: When Moses was talking to God at the burning bush... Moses asked God His name and God responded:

"I Am the I AM"

You guys can go off on any tangent you like, I'll just take God's word for it.

God is THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA.. THE BEGINNING AND THE END.

Really simple for me.

One of my favorite quotes by yours truly:

"You can't put God in a box.. HE IS THE BOX.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
I love threads like this. (Say that in good spirit) God is more awesome than you could EVER imagine,you simply can't get your head around "Him" or comprehend Him. This is ok because you were not supposed to according to the Bible. God is a mystery (We will never know 'all' there is to know about Him) and the best place to know more about what He wants you to know is in the Bible. You should start with Genesis. My favorite incidence in the Bible concerning this subject is in Exodus: When Moses was talking to God at the burning bush... Moses asked God His name and God responded:

"I Am the I AM"

You guys can go off on any tangent you like, I'll just take God's word for it.

God is THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA.. THE BEGINNING AND THE END.

Really simple for me.

One of my favorite quotes by yours truly:

"You can't put God in a box.. HE IS THE BOX.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by TxSecret]

The interesting thing here though, is the fact that with 21st. century technology ... humans could probably have convinced Moses of a god ... let alone an alien species that has the technology of intesteller travel.

So the question here is ... by taking the word of this god ... are you really sure it is the proverbial god ... or perhaps a being or beings significantly more advanced than us.

If I recall correctly, there are several documented instances that isolated tribes in South America and the Amazon took explorers as being gods ... and in one case, the tribesman actually made a pretty realistic wicker statue of the "flying godmen" and airplane (to which they prayed) ... as it so happened, these godmen were white explorers with a Bushmaster or similar top wing monoplane ...

You see, like you, they were sure about divine beings . .....

that these "mystical" flying beings must be gods ... for only the gods can fly ... only the gods have a thing that makes distant objects seem closer ... only the gods have a thing that creates an image of yourself ... etc.

Unfortunately, despite their adamant belief, they were totally wrong ...

... but hey, thats what faith is for right?

[edit on 29-10-2005 by LCKob]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LCKob

If I recall correctly, there are several documented instances that isolated tribes in South America and the Amazon took explorers as being gods ... and in one case, the tribesman actually made a pretty realistic wicker statue of the "flying godmen" and airplane (to which they prayed) ... as it so happened, these godmen were white explorers with a Bushmaster or similar top wing monoplane ...

This is the phenomenon to which you refer:

en.wikipedia.org...

However, such events don't do much to dismiss the concept of a living spiritual God.

The Urantia Book addresses the functions of such primitive religions and how they prepared man for higher concepts of diety:

THE FUNCTION OF PRIMITIVE RELIGION
The savage felt the need of insurance, and he therefore willingly paid his burdensome premiums of fear, superstition, dread, and priest gifts toward his policy of magic insurance against ill luck. Primitive religion was simply the payment of premiums on insurance against the perils of the forests; civilized man pays material premiums against the accidents of industry and the exigencies of modern modes of living.

Modern society is removing the business of insurance from the realm of priests and religion, placing it in the domain of economics. Religion is concerning itself increasingly with the insurance of life beyond the grave. Modern men, at least those who think, no longer pay wasteful premiums to control luck. Religion is slowly ascending to higher philosophic levels in contrast with its former function as a scheme of insurance against bad luck.

But these ancient ideas of religion prevented men from becoming fatalistic and hopelessly pessimistic; they believed they could at least do something to influence fate. The religion of ghost fear impressed upon men that they must regulate their conduct, that there was a supermaterial world which was in control of human destiny.

Modern civilized races are just emerging from ghost fear as an explanation of luck and the commonplace inequalities of existence. Mankind is achieving emancipation from the bondage of the ghost-spirit explanation of ill luck. But while men are giving up the erroneous doctrine of a spirit cause of the vicissitudes of life, they exhibit a surprising willingness to accept an almost equally fallacious teaching which bids them attribute all human inequalities to political misadaptation, social injustice, and industrial competition. But new legislation, increasing philanthropy, and more industrial reorganization, however good in and of themselves, will not remedy the facts of birth and the accidents of living. Only comprehension of facts and wise manipulation within the laws of nature will enable man to get what he wants and to avoid what he does not want. Scientific knowledge, leading to scientific action, is the only antidote for so-called accidental ills.

Industry, war, slavery, and civil government arose in response to the social evolution of man in his natural environment; religion similarly arose as his response to the illusory environment of the imaginary ghost world. Religion was an evolutionary development of self-maintenance, and it has worked, notwithstanding that it was originally erroneous in concept and utterly illogical.

Primitive religion prepared the soil of the human mind, by the powerful and awesome force of false fear, for the bestowal of a bona fide spiritual force of supernatural origin, the Thought Adjuster. And the divine Adjusters have ever since labored to transmute God-fear into God-love. Evolution may be slow, but it is unerringly effective.

www.urantia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join