It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Engineer Charged With Selling B-2 Secrets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The engineer who helped with the IR masking and design of the B-2's engines has been arrested by the FBI for selling those secrets to 3 undisclosed countries. In one case he reportedly faxed documents to a foreign official.

I think that the penaties for esbionage really need to go up. No doubt he will spend the rest of his life at Club Med Leavenworth, but still.......

My bet is that he sold the data to China, North Korea, and Russia

HONOLULU - An engineer who calls himself the father of the technology that protects the B-2 stealth bomber from heat-seeking missiles has been arrested and accused of selling U.S. military secrets involving the aircraft to a foreign country, the FBI said. Noshir S. Gowadia, 61, of Haiku was arrested Wednesday.

According to the FBI, Gowadia in 2002 faxed a document detailing infrared technology classified top secret by the Air Force to a foreign official. He also provided classified information to two other countries, the FBI said.

The government would not identify the countries or disclose how much he allegedly received
String him up

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
People that sell US secrets like this should be put to death plan and simple in my opinion.

As for what three countries I agree with Russia and China but N Korea? They are pretty poor compared to other countries already trying to develop their own stealth aircraft. I would pick Iran since they have alot more money and have already shown a intrest in stealth aircraft with plans like the shafagh.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Iran is another one, but given Kims Paranoia I would see him trying to get as much information as he could. Not to build one mind you but to develop a detection system.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
most likely China, Russia and Iraq. dis was back in 2002. so its possible that the engineer hoped dat Iraq would love to get their hands on it for to able to help them shoot down a B-2 not only to protect themselves but for propaganda purposes of showing a video of the super secret high tech bomber.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Iran is another one, but given Kims Paranoia I would see him trying to get as much information as he could. Not to build one mind you but to develop a detection system.

Ahh. I didnt think of the vaule of this information in making a detection system. Very good point I could see Kim wanting that very much

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't think Iraq was in any position to profit from this techonology. The monies needed to fund such anti, and the creation of these techonologies is substantial. China, the USSR, and possibly India are prime targets.

Also, Noshir S. Gowadia, is he Indian? Just curious.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Russia and China I could see as possibly involved but it wouldn't surprise me if the 3rd country was a little less obvious and a tad more 'left field' if you see what I mean; why not another western country?

We all supposedly spy on each other so why not the UK, France or Germany?
They at least have the money and a network of espionage supposedly used to doing this kind of thing (and a professionally laid false trail and simple stuff like deceiving the seller as to who is doing the buying lays things wide open to question, hmmm?).

How about the 3 was the UK, France and Germany then?

Until it's proved otherwise anything else could just be playing the game of mere disinformation and imaginitive guessing based on little more than personal prejudices......

....and in anycase it all depends on the whole story being true anyway, right?

I stand to be corrected of course but I would be amazed if these guesses about Iran and Nth Korea were correct when this finally comes out.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why are the scientists that work on very sensitive and classified technologies watched more carefully? I mean c’mon, we invest billions for such systems yet we can’t spend a good amount of $$$ to keep it secret?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My bet would be on China, Russia and France. I once read that of all the countries in the world, that nation that most overtly spies on the United States is our "good ally" France.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why are the scientists that work on very sensitive and classified technologies watched more carefully? I mean c’mon, we invest billions for such systems yet we can’t spend a good amount of $$$ to keep it secret?

imagine we being too strict on the scientists...u dink they would refuse to continue to give their services even with good pay if we are making their lives miserable with the secrecy?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Let him die slowly

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I can't believe noone suspects Isreal it sounds up their alley to me the other 2 countries are anyones guess though.

Personally i wouldn't rule out any.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Teknikal]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think that 'Teknikal' is on the right track. Most of you seem to be listing "enemy" nations as the recipients of these secrets when I think the three nations are so called "Allies" to the US. I suspect Britain, Germany, Japan as possibilities (delete derogatory reference to France here)

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If he did sell B2 secrets my money is that he sold it to Isreal.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
We are at war, and this Ass is selling the technology secrets! Do you know how many lives depend on the technogy? Not just the B-2 pilots, but the others they protect. We use stealth planes to break up air defense networks and clear a path for our other plane and pilots who fallow then into combat. This guy just compramized all of that and all of the lives of the people involve. Normally, I'm not vendictive, but when you are willing to jeperdize the brave men and women (people with families I might add) who protect this nation while we are at war, you deserve to die!
Trators are the scum of the world! Hang'em, he'll never do it again!

Tim

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't make such black and white strident claims Ghost.

For a start you have no idea who actually bought those 'secrets' (if indeed the whole story itself is true).
As I tried to say earlier, maybe it was a country your country is not actually at war with, maybe it was an 'ally'?

(and where does this rather quaint notion that only everybody else goes in for spying and not the USA come from, hmmmm?)

Aren't 'traitors' are great when they're working for 'us'; hmmmm?

More than a few 'traitors' helped keep the 'temperature' stable and things reasonable during the cold war when it all threatened to get totally out of hand (by letting each side know the true intentions of the other....

......or by ensuring each side did not actually get - or almost as importantly was not perceived to have - a great technological advantage over the other; which would have most likely led to a greater prospect of war).

There's probably one or two 'traitors' you and yours can thank for us all still actually being around these days.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
but how do you know the secrets are real?? it could just be a double bluff

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
According to Technology Collection Trend in the U.S. Defense Industry, which is a biannual publication of the Defense Security Service, the following are facts that pertain to this type of case:

In CY2003 (the last survey year):

10% of all targeted technology were Aeronautical Systems

85 different countries attempted collection of US defense information

56% of all attempts came from "developed" countries

31% of attempts were commercial in nature, while 15% were government-sponsored

Most of the countries who targeted Aeronautic technology were from "South Asia"

My bet is China, with either France or India as other possibilities. The Germans I don't think would have much interest in this type of technology, as they could probably develop it themselves if they chose to. The Brits could probably have it if they asked.......

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You haven't caught our spies who are getting us the F-35 codes yet though have you, hmmm?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The story I read indicated that the man in question worked for NG until 1986. Where he was employed after that, and if he had access to classified materials remains to be seen.

Although he was still bound by secrecy agreements, if he was no longer a DoD contractor, and no longer had a DoD clearance, how do you expect any security force to monitor his activities, and make sure he isn't transmitting classified information to the other side?

I am really interested to know just how they busted him.......

<<   2  3 >>

join