It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the perfect "Lads Night in" - includes food and Drink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
(this really isn't cooking, but it contains food and stuff)

I have decided to educate you all on how infinite likes to spend his time with his friends when he is not posting on ATS. For create this special British Tradition you need the following ingredientes; (the main two, which we all know are friends and someone's house)

Food

Pizza,Chips, Burgers or take aways

Drink

Carlsberg, Vodka, Jack Daniels, TVX, Aftershock, Sambuca plus Coke and Lemonade

I shall leave the choice of movies and games up to you, but this is a tradition among British Students because its the perfect night with the best food, drink and entertainment aswell.

Now, firstly, eat first because its not wise drinking on an empty stomach. Start off drinking slowy, maybe a bottle of Carlsberg with your meal and one after your finished. Pace yourself out, its not a race.

maybe an hour or two later when you have settled down after the meal and playing on PS2,Xbox, etc and had about 4-5 bears start moving on the spirits. I recommend starting on the Vodka, straight if you can drink it and slowly drink at a steady peace so you don't get wasted in 20 minutes lol Now, films. Pick a film that YOU all know well and pick a character name. Whenever your character name is mention, you have to take a shot of something, maybe Vodka or JD, or as i tend to do, a shot of everything mix (but a small amount of it). This game is fun, very fun and someone is always unlucky to pick the popular name in the film lol

Now, by this time, your all tipsy and loosing interesting in the film. Next is the drinking game, ive always lost this game lol People tend to mix things here and drink pints of all the alcohol in the room, not wise, but fun. When the winner is declared, the rest are probably being sick or fallen asleep due to the amount of alcohol they have consumed. Next on the list is waking up in the morning with a hangover..

There you go, a brief guide to a "lads night in", Of course, this is aimed for people over 18 in the UK and 21 in States.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
did you forget to mention that youre all wearing hoff face masks...youre naked and lubed with some adult midget dvd readys?

just wondered?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
did you forget to mention that youre all wearing hoff face masks...youre naked and lubed with some adult midget dvd readys?

just wondered?

LMFAO

..no

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ok..sorry.....i think im at the wrong party......

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
ok..sorry.....i think im at the wrong party......

You been drinking and posting again :w:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

You been drinking and posting again :w:

Well the name of this post is LADS NIGHT IN...what else could be called a perfect evening for a lad to stay in except ATS/BTS drinking and maybe a lass

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't know why but I hate pizza. If I was a dude/lad and I threw a lad's only part-a, I would make some shepard's pie from scratch, some broiled garlic mashed potatoe's, little snacks like ferraro rocher (chocolate) and bavarian beer.

They might call me fancy pants but they couldn't deny the meal a good one.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nice one, the Lads nights in deserve a thread! The quality of food and beverage consumed is unsurpassed in almost any walk of life.

Yep, take-aways, burgers, pizzas and chips are the staple, but you can be as inventive as you like to entertain your mates. Collaberation rules at Lads Nights In, and together you can achive something like the mighty Sausage Curry.
If its summer, or a pleasant spring or autumn night, you can make the most of it with a barbeque. Unlike normal barbies, there's no need for anyone to be 'the man' as you're all equals, which means everyone chips in with the cooking, and as a result the food has a healtthy variation in its burntness.

Beverages at Lads Nights In for me and my mates is usually pretty simple - Lager, Jack Daniels, Vodka. Occasional guest beverages include absinthe, Southern Comfort, and Ale.

Entertainment at a lads is definitely at the top of the agenda. The possibilities are almost endless! You can watch live sport together, or a macho/violent film that girls dont 'get' like Ong Bak. You can enjoy multiplayer videogaming, particularly sports games that allow you to customise characters to look like your mates.

You can also make your own entertainment, partaking in unadulterated tomfoolery without incuring the wrath of the girlfriend...for example: you can get cardboard boxes out of your mate's van, wrap them all in tin foil, and make a robot suit. Then you can get one of the lads to wear it, then take him outside, or give him a lift to the local supermarket:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is also, another version on the lads night in called " Peter Doherty special", but i will not go into detail cause you probably wont live to tell the tale

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There is also, another version on the lads night in called " Peter Doherty special", but i will not go into detail cause you probably wont live to tell the tale

LOL, Brilliant, are partys mostly end in someone getting takin to hospital/police cell. Or i wake up in a publick park nakid covberd in beans.

new topics

top topics

join