It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SSX On Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Before SSX 3 i hated the SSX series. However SSX 3 got me hooked on it. I loved the game and the 'fresh' and limitless feel to it, with all the brilliant looks and crisp effects. However I have heard that the new SSX game is going to have an 'underground' vibe to it. That probably means its going full of rap music, graffiti menu effects and other dark effects. How can this relate to snowboarding? I don't have a problem with rap music etc. and I liked all that in the Tony Hawks games. However surely it doesn't mix with the fredomness (is that a word?) of an alpine environment. What do you think? I hope people understand what I'm getting at here.

Jim

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sounds amazing. It was tricky that got me hooked and I do agree, bombing those alpine courses is a crazy feeling. Maybe they'll have like a competition setting where you can do free stuff, or to a half pipe. Time will tell but Im amped up for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I actually had a bit of an addiction to Tricky, it was so much fun. SSX3 was a ton of fun too, I never had the same addiction but close enough.

The new one should be fairly interesting, and just so long as it doesn't try going too underground it should be alright. What turned me on to the series was the sheer size and just overthetopness (I know it's not a word) of the levels. Underground doesn't seem to mix too well with some of the extreme things in the courses, but it could work.

But I see what you're getting at. What made SSX3 feel so great was the feeling of freedom combined with the most awesome mountains to hit a snowboarding game.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Unsure about other countries but SSX On Tour has been out in the US since Oct. 11, 2005. I personally enjoyed the game but there are criticisms due to the lack of uber tricks, multipliers, "growing" main characters, etc. However, they now have some interesting special effects, monster tricks, shreds, top 200 board, and skiing. The drawings don't play into the game that much except on load screens. Also, the music is alright.

Anyways, as always with console games if any doubt feel free to rent before you buy.

top topics

join