It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby on Board Stickers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me the point in Baby on Board stickers for cars? What good do they do? Are drivers 'a little extra cautious' around cars with these damn stickers in the back window? They just seem pointless to me. I can see it now....
' Officer I had my sticker in the window yet Barry here STILL ran into the back of me. I'l sue his b*llcks off'

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[disclaimer]What I am about to state in NO WAY reflects my views.[/disclaimer]

Back in the day (the 80's) when the window stickers with BABY ON BOARD became popular, a friend of mine made the comment that they were "more of a target than a warning sign".

Maybe that is the purpose of them.

[disclaimer]The views expressed in this repsonse may not reflect those of - One Man Short ®.[/disclaimer]

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 25-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Baby on board stickers were an absolute stroke of genius for some ad agency design dude that could see MOTHERS and new mothers especially are some of the biggest suckers on the planet. There is no greater addiction than a mother to a child. Marketing to this demographic is like "taking candy from a baby."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen one of those in years here in the U.S., but they were a big fad like in the 80s.

As to their purpose, who knows? I doubt there's any way that increases safety for your baby. I guess it just placates parents by making them think they're doing something.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Those always bugged me, too. So I got one of the "Stupid Yellow Sign in Car" stickers. It always got a big laugh.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I do not know about everyone, but most of the people that I know that have one are just telling the world that they are expecting the "pitter patter of little feet". It is not to warn anybody of anything.
When my wife was expecting we had one on our cars and were proud of it especially since it was the third time (the first 2 miscarried
)

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Actually I have never liked this idea at all, it seems like giving out way too much info to strangers, but my daughter used to have one on her van. She broke down on the side of the road and finally a woman stopped and gave her a ride to a phone so she could call us for help. The woman said the only reason she stopped was because of the sign and she did not like the idea of a child being in the cold.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Got one...but it has 'AK47 onboard'...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Prefer this one meself.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've heard of people putting these signs in their car if they use an HOV-2 lane.

Where I live, a baby in the car does count as the second person, but, to a passing motorist, it will probably look like there is only one person in the car, which might prompt them to call the authorities to report an HOV violator.

By putting the sign in the window, I guess people are hoping that it will prevent someone from thinking they are an HOV violator and reporting them even though they have their baby in the car.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
hmm well i must say that here in the UK there almost on everuy car you see that has a baby in the car,

heck not sure if it works but drivers do gove a little more space to the cars with them on, like they dont drive right up behind the bumper

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Speaking of babies in the HOV lane. There's a woman in Arizona who is fighting a ticket she got, for driving with only one person in the car, because she's pregnant. She says that life begins at conception, so therefore there were two people in the car, in one body, so to cop was wrong to give her a ticket.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol baby on board stickers are just big yellow targets so aim for when your pelting cars with snowballs

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You guys just kill me!

There are to notify the Emergency Services that a baby [or small person] is on board, in the event of a road traffic accident!

IMHO another bloody good idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That sticker never bothered me.

What bothered/bothers me were/are the stickers of the kid taking a piss on a Chevy emblem or vice versa with the kid pissing on the Ford emblem.

Note to all you Ford and Chevy supporting rednecks: They BOTH suck!!!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Speaking of babies in the HOV lane. There's a woman in Arizona who is fighting a ticket she got, for driving with only one person in the car, because she's pregnant. She says that life begins at conception, so therefore there were two people in the car, in one body, so to cop was wrong to give her a ticket.

I'd think it would go by number of seats actually occupied. Two persons in one seat--still one seat occupied.

Besides, I thought HOV lanes meant you had to have more than one licensed driver in the car...not just more than one person. The point is to have fewer cars on the road.

I've never seen HOV lanes in my part of Ohio...probably because I'm out near Amish country.

new topics

top topics

join