It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flare? Ozone halfed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I was watching a show on the sun the other night and it mentioned that during some solar cycle of the sun it hits an activity peak where the biggest solar flare can actually reduce the ozone to half it's density or however it's measured. Now I'm not a meteorology master or anything but wouldn't that be enough to really #$@# up the planet seeing as the ozone is already pret messed. If this did happen could it possibly trigger the beginning of an ice age. Oh and is the sun at it's solar cycle peak right now or not. This could be bad news especially seeing as a big enough solar flare has the capability to knock out communications and fry almost all the satelites in space. It's scary to me, mind you I might just be to ignorant to knwo the truth so somebody help me out here.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
As far as I understand we don't exactly know what "triggers" the ice age. It's all speculative theory. The scenario you described seems plausible to me, but I am hardly educated on the topic.

I don't know if Sol is at its solar cycle peak as you called it, but there is certainly talk about the increase in frequency and intensity of sun flares.

BTW what show are you referring to?

[edit on 093131p://27u48 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I will always believe everything in the world (including science) is a theory. EVERYTHING INCLUDING GRAVITY!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I will always believe everything in the world (including science) is a theory. EVERYTHING INCLUDING GRAVITY!

You have to belive in somthing or else you have nothing to prove reality i duno maybe you dont need anything to prove reality but people in general do and they need to belive that somthing is possible, perhapes to reasure them

similar to schrodinger's cat.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ozone and sun's radiation are separate from global warming and climate change.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Magickesists, may I recommend you reading our ATS Research Forum, Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project, as it is related with your post?

ATS Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project

I am sure you will find it most interesting.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo
Magickesists, may I recommend you reading our ATS Research Forum, Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project, as it is related with your post?

ATS Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project

I am sure you will find it most interesting.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Ptolomeo]

thanks will do!

top topics

join