It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society insignias = Police invinciblility?

page: 1

join
share:
AWD

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A few years ago, as I was driving with a friend, who always seemed really intelligent, said, "cops won't pull that guy over because of that symbol," while he was pointing to the back of a car. It was like a sticker on the drivers side of the trunk. I forget what symbol I was looking at because back then I wasn't interested or educated in this type of stuff then. I asked him why and he said something about higher government. Is this true? Or something to this effect?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I saw that on the Simpsons
maybe you should see if your friend remembers the symbol.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
it could be the sticker that the is blue rectangular with a white stripe through the middle. this means they are either related to a police officer or close friends with one. most of the time people with those stickers don't get pulled over for minor traffic violations, so its sorta above the law but not really.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reference to "secret society" membership should not stand in the way of pulling over a vehicle. It should not be on the vehicle at all.

Diplomatic status and immunity is another matter.

As far as government markings go, I don't see why they would be connected with any secret society paraphernalia, unless of course you consider the dirty core of the current government to be a secret society.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think that confused is right. I dont think that it is a NWO marking or aything like that. Do you remember what kind of car it was?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would think that a sticker for a secret society that was recognized by all law enforcement wouldn't be all that "secret" anymore
I can see where a police organization sticker or diplomatic sticker might give someone a sense of extra security.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I started advertising in a police magazine and got a bunch of police officers association stickers for it. I havn't been pulled over since, but that doesn't say much as I hadn't been pulled over much before.

It used to be a lot more common for police officers to be Masons, so your friend may have been refering to a Masonic symbol, which can often be found on cars.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Putting a Masonic symbol on a car has never prevented it being pulled over by police anywhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Get one.. donate...join us. There is nothing anyone can do.

www.grandlodgefop.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The NOCP (I think) has a sticker that is only issued to members, so a lot of cops wont pull a car up with that.

In saying that, a lot wont put it on because it opens the car up to harrasment and damage from police haters.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I know that if you are in anyway affiliated the TSA you are safe from any kind of law enforcement. If you dont know what the TSA is look it up. I know some one that is affiliated with the TSA he summed it up in one sentence. "it tells the cops im one bad mother#er that they dont wanna mess with."

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
O i forgot to mention, The TSA is the heavy arm of the homland security department.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok, I think I can help with this.

First i used to telemarket for the 'police benevolent association' and basically we would send a bumbper sticker or window decal to people that sent us $25, $15, or $10. Many people beleived this woudl prevent them form getting pulled over by cops.
The catch is is that there is a competing police association called the Fraternal order of Police. THis organisation also telemarketed and sent out similar window decals or bumber stickers.

The catch 22 in this is that it may work on a cop, or it may make a cop more apt to pull you over, depending on which organisation he is actually a member of. So for laymen, no insignia is best, and do not under any circumstances send these organisations money. If you really want the sticker, tell them you will send the cash, they will send the sticker, and then, just do not pay. This is not a crime, becasause it is basically a donation they are after, and they collect a very low percentage of the money from people that 'commit'

However, here is where it gets interesting. My bosses were sent special decals from the organization, that were normally reserved only for police officers. They put these on thier own cars (not the ones we sold) An were never pulled over (and were shady characters and should have been pulled over....alot) They only recived these stickers as a perk for making the organisation tons of money.

The other symbol often seen on cars is a masonic symbol (the most common i have seen is the curved sword of the shriners (i beleive). Many beleive this prevents them form getting pulled over, and in the 50's it might have. But today, as MA said, it really will not help. Most cops are not masons anymore, and on top of that, most cars travel far further than they used to. This prevents cops from recognizing a car as 'yours' and 'do not pull over' becasu you are constantly shifting jurisictions and have no idea whose area you are going though, unlike mid century, when one tight knit group (local PD, etc) watched most cars in their area and got to know them. Int hose days, if a local sheriff (probably a mason, but maybe the DA was) you woudl not get pulled, becasue the cop who would pull you over would understand that it wouldn;t stick so they would leave you be.

No doubt there are still things one could do to minimize getting pulled. The biggest things are a) do not speed b) do not swerve c) do not drive a flashy car d) do not have 'antisococial' stickers all over your back end (ie pot leafs, or lots of political commentary) if you are loaded, dont drive, but if you do, don't speed, and don't drive liek an idiot. Happy motoring.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Stumpy

A fascinating view of police work, police benevolent work, police corruption, and citizens trying to get police corruption to work for them!

Excellent, and in keeping with practices you will need to be aware of in the growing police state in general, all the way to Soylent Green stage if necessary.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight
I know that if you are in anyway affiliated the TSA you are safe from any kind of law enforcement. If you dont know what the TSA is look it up. I know some one that is affiliated with the TSA he summed it up in one sentence. "it tells the cops im one bad mother#er that they dont wanna mess with."
Transportation Security Administration?
Technology Student Association ?

Tourette Syndrome Association?

You gotta be a little less vague.. just say it!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How bout this.......dont get caught.....

new topics

top topics

join