It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israel Wants Iran Expelled from UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Shortly after Iran's President called for the destruction of Israel, Israel's vice prime minister has called for Iran to be expelled from the United Nations. Britain and Italy condemned the remarks by Iran but stopped short of calling for the ouster of Iran from the world body. Tensions between Iran, Israel and Western countries have been growing over concerns Iran may be developing a nuclear-weapons program.

news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - Israel's vice prime minister said Iran should be expelled from the United Nations after its new president said Israel should be "wiped off the map," and Britain summoned an Iranian diplomat Thursday to protest the remarks.

Italy on Thursday also condemned the words of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, telling the Iranian ambassador the comments were "unacceptable" and that they confirm worries over the political positions — and nuclear intentions — of Iran's new leadership.

Shimon Peres, Israel's vice prime minister and a Nobel peace laureate, said it was "impossible to ignore" Ahmadinejad's comments.

"Since the United Nations was established in 1945, there has never been a head of state that is a U.N. member state that publicly called for the elimination of another U.N. member state," Shimon Peres told Israel Radio.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

By calling for the destruction of a state and its people, Ahmajinejad did go quite far and perhaps some sort of UN sanction, though probably short of expulsion, may be in order.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Will Israel be leaving as well then?

Source
THERAN -- A high-ranking Israeli officer threatened that the Zionist regime would launch nuclear attack on Islamic holy sites in the Middle East, an Israeli newspaper said Sunday.

In case Israel was attacked by states or groups, the Jewish state would respond by dropping nuclear bombs on Islamic cities such as Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia and Qom in Iran. The Haaretz newspaper quoted an unidentified high-ranking officer a s saying.

Group - as in any terrorist organisation that they claim is, Islamic and they are willing to Nuke Mecca...

Well, the U.N. will be a lot more fun without the U.S. havin' to veto so many resoltuions against Israel.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can think of other countries that should be expelled.....

Seeings the UN is pro-zionism, Israel will get its wish.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Will Israel be leaving as well then?

Source

an Israeli newspaper said Sunday.

In case Israel was attacked by states or groups, the Jewish state would respond by dropping nuclear bombs .

Oh - a total falsification.

I have tried to find such an article in the newspaper Haaretz (up from Sunday to todays newspaper) It does not exist.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

You are wrong,
I have a Uncle who is a methodist priest who has just come back from Israel and the Zionist lobby are openly admitting that they will strike religious targets of Islam. Even officials inside your Government are believed to back this.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There's a bit of a difference between Israel having a contingency plan, in the event that they are attacked by states or groups and Iran actually calling for the destruction of Israel.

The US has a plan to attack every nation. Bush has said a lot of moronic things but he hasn't said North Korea should be destroyed.

Iranian athletes won't compete against Israeli athletes. They don't believe the Israelis (jews) have a right to exist on this planet. If you lived in a country surrounded by people that wished you didn't exist, and one of the nations near had a leader who openly called for your destruction, wouldn't you expect your leaders to have some kind of plan in the event these other, hateful countries, ever actually attacked you?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Shortly after Iran's President called for the destruction of Israel, Israel's vice prime minister has called for Iran to be expelled from the United Nations.

It is a clear contravention and breach of the UN charter and it should be dealt with by the international community.

Not only Shimon Peres, also a statement from the prime minister's office quoted PM Arik Sharon as saying: "A country that calls for the destruction of another people cannot be a member of the United Nations."

Sharon instructed Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations Dan Gillerman to take action in order to remove Iran from the international organization.

EU leaders said in a statement issued at a one-day summit outside London:

"EU leaders ... today condemned in the strongest terms the comments in respect of the State of Israel attributed to President Ahmadinejad of Iran", [...]"Calls for violence, and for the destruction of any state, are manifestly inconsistent with any claim to be a mature and responsible member of the international community." source

EU, U.S., Canada and Australia....I am very happy to read such statements from around the world

Several world governments summoned on Thursday representatives of the Iranian Embassy to underline their countries' opposition to the Iranian president's remarks. Also UN Sec.-Gen. Kofi Annan expressed his dismay at the Iranian president's hostile statement.

Arab governments, however, maintained silence Thursday over Ahmadinejad's statements, but analysts said Tehran's Arab rivals may quietly be pleased to see the radical regime further isolated by its extremism.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Want my opinion...

This is all going to lead Word War III

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

You are wrong,
I have a Uncle who is a methodist priest

Maybe your uncle believes this, infinite - but it is far from truth.

There are no plans in Israel to strike religious targets - and if you and also your uncle see the history, we (the JEWS / Israel) are the only ones that did NEVER strike religious targets.

However, the source Odium provided referes to an article in haaretz - but there is one little problem: Such an article does not exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There are no plans in Israel to strike religious targets - and if you and also your uncle see the history, we (the JEWS / Israeel) are the only ones that did NEVER striked religious targets.

However, the source Odium provided referes to an article in haaretz - but there is one little problem: Such an article does not exist.

Well how come the right wing crowd call for it? and the Zionist lobby call for it aswell? Maybe you Jews don't back it, but your Zionist leaders are willing to hit back and do ANYTHING to protect Israel. I think you need to understand that the Zionist, who are very powerful and have friends in high places, will hit religious targets.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When Israel took over the strip, the left the mosques intact. (When they gave back the land, the palestinians burned the temples to the ground.)

If they gave such care to mosques in land they were going to occupy, why would they destroy other religous sites?

It never ceases to amaze me how people can see something on the internet or in print and assume it is 100% true.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
These Iran comments remind me of when Nikita Khrushchev was banging his shoe on the table at the UN or him saying "We will bury you" to the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There are no plans in Israel to strike religious targets - and if you and also your uncle see the history, we (the JEWS / Israeel) are the only ones that did NEVER striked religious targets.

Well how come the right wing crowd call for it? and the Zionist lobby call for it aswell? Maybe you Jews don't back it, but your Zionist leaders are willing to hit back and do ANYTHING to protect Israel. I think you need to understand that the Zionist, who are very powerful and have friends in high places, will hit religious targets.

Infinite, I must say I lost all respect for your opinions with your use of "you Jews" You are obvious a bigot and probable a hate mongrol too. Walk a mile in someones shoes or sandals before you are so quick to judge what you don't understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
Infinite, I must say I lost all respect for your opinions with your use of "you Jews" You are obvious a bigot and probable a hate mongrol too. Walk a mile in someones shoes or sandals before you are so quick to judge what you don't understand.

She is Jewish and you have to be a Jew to live in Israel, but Zionists are not true Jews (depends on what you believe etc) and ive read and heard what Zionists make about Iran and Islam. Me and Riwk have had plenty talks in the past about my views on Zionism and we respect eachother, Plus ive learnt alot from her. I cannot see the hate here :S

So im a bigot...how? maybe you need to learn what things mean before you call people names? how can i be a bigot when i support anti-racism in the UK as apart of the NUS? didn't know that did you? One of my friends is Jewish, didn't know that, did you?according to family members, i have jewish blood? Didn't know that did you? Do me a favour son, learn a few things before you label me...you lost respect for me? oh well, i never had it for you in the first place.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is the News Forum guys, let's chill please.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is the News Forum guys, let's chill please.

Dont worry

i knew the crowd would come and call members racist, it happens in every thread on ATS about Israel,Zionism, etc

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well how come the right wing crowd call for it?

Do they - or do you only THINK they do?

Could you provide some sources from serious news agencys - or any serious poll for this?

Who is that "right wing crowd" you are talking about?

and the Zionist lobby call for it aswell?

infinite, please: WHO is that zionist lobby you are talking about?

The government we elected did not and does not make such calls.

So please - provide some serious news agencys, ok?

I think you need to understand that the Zionist, who are very powerful and have friends in high places, will hit religious targets.

Dani - I told you before: I am Israeli - and one of "the Zionists". In case Israel would be in danger, I would get a call to go back to the army and to defend my country. Of course, I would.

BUT

Halo lekulanu Aw ehad? Halo bar'anu El ehad?
(It is difficult to translate, but it means: Do we not have ONE father ? Are we all not equal in the creation by THE ONE G-D?)

Jews do NOT strike the houses of G'D......and Zionists are jewish, Dani.

edit: (I just saw this: )

Me and Riwka [...]respect eachother

YES That is right.

Infinite and I respect each other. ( but we do have very, very different opinions)

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Zionism" has gained an insult status.
But if by zionist you mean someone who beleives Israel has the right to exist and that it should be a homeland for the jews in their ancestral land, then count me in as well. Despite not being Jewish at all, I would class myself as a zionist under those rules.

Lets take back the term that arabs have made into an insult and see it as a positive statement. Zionism is not a dirty word.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Riwka, Zionism has many different meaning as you probably know. I would say your a Zionist because a Zionist is defined as Jewish nationalist who believes in Israel and the protection of it. It can have extremist elements to it(which is the "Zionist" is my eyes), but i am always learning and Zionism is one of the subjects im still reading up. When i visit Israel next summer, i hope to be enlighten more

Could you provide some sources from serious news agencys - or any serious poll for this?

Who is that "right wing crowd" you are talking about?

Well, dont quote on this, but i believe is the group who are against Sharon for the pull out and some extremist groups (my knowledge of extremist groups is vage) As for Serious news agencys, i have no knowledge on what are the serious ones in Israel.

infinite, please: WHO is that zionist lobby you are talking about?

Hmmm...now thats tricky without digging into my theory of the New World Order, i would not say its the Israel Government, well some may be. If you believe in the new world order theory, then you may understand what i mean, but if your a skeptic, you wouldn't. Heck, some even say the UN are Zionists, but its changes with theories.

Without digging into the NWO, Jewish extremist say Zionist leaders are willing to hit religious targets, but they are not willing to say who.

Dani - I told you before: I am Israeli - and one of "the Zionists". In case Israel would be in danger, I would get a call to go back to the army and to defend my country. Of course, I would.

Riwka, as i said, i go on Zionist as in the New World Order theory, meaning there is a deep dark side to it. You are a Zionist cause your a Jewish Nationalist, but not a "Zionist"

Understand, or have a completely confused you? lol

but im thinking im going way of topic

Riwka shall we have an ATS debate on Zionism? could be fun

[edit on 27-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Jewish extremist say Zionist leaders are willing to hit religious targets, but they are not willing to say who.

Ok - last off-topic answer

I think, now I know who you mean: YES, there ARE Jewish extremists (few, but they exist) who want to destroy the religious biuldings on the temple mount.

But :

You know what?: The Zionist regime (...I mean the knesset...lol) ...strongly condems them and always looks into that matter.

In dangerous times, thousands of Israeli police had surrounded the Temple Mount in Jerusalem amid fears that Jewish protesters planed to storm the site. (plse see BBC article)

Jewish extremism is not equal Zionism, Dani

There are good Jews, jewish Nobel Prize winners - bad Jews and there are Jews which are complete stupid idiots..... Jews are like everyone else,...maybe just a bit more so

top topics

<<   2 >>

join