It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA World Wind Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I thought I would toss out a cool satellite and aerial image tool. The tool is called World Wind and is a FREE piece of software (Windows only) from NASA that allows you to easily search and manipulate many terabytes of satellite images, aerial images, and topographical maps from various sources including Terraserver.

Major landmarks around the globe can be marked on images. In fact, icons are clickable and link to a Wikipedia entry about the landmark. This is but only one of the many cool features of the program.

The newly expanded NASA 'World Wind' program can now 'transport' users to almost anyplace on the moon, when they zoom in from a global view to closer pictures of our natural satellite taken by the Clementine spacecraft in the 1990s.

It is really worth checking out if you haven't already.

worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...

Here is a helpful chart that offers a explanation of how to use World Wind and introduces the different datasets available. It can safe you some time.

Helpful Chart

[edit on 27-10-2005 by andpau66]

jra

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Seems like a neat program. Sort of like Google Earth, but more geared for scientiffic stuff. I like that it has the Moon as well. Thanks for posting this. I never knew about this program.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I never knew about this program.

Your welcome, jra

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well holy crap! What a great program. Now I have another program to use to waste time at work. I wonder after I get fired if I can claim Google/Earth made me get fired and claim unemployment?

new topics

top topics

join