It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonizing Holloween and other irritating things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Newton Mass, elementary school has cancelled Holloween due to families writting in and saying they dont feel "comfortable" celebrating such things.

I'm overwhelmed at the sheer gall of these people that children shouldnt be children anymore. Are the kids saying "Oh no, i refuse to dress up like some wizard and have some fun"? NO. Its the bible thumping parents (yes, evidently they are up here in affluent neighborhoods too)...
This hits too close to home for me because i've lived in this state most of my life.

Who ARE these people? I dont recall EVER speaking to a parent who didnt look forward to taking their children out. I see Pumpkins and scarecrows hanging everywhere here in Cape Cod...

I dont know if this subject has come up before, it probably has, i am having difficulty this morning with this stupidity of these parents-

Is this part of what? Moral values?

Are there so many witches around here that they are succeptible to ridicule?

And get this- the principal will arrange a day (of his chosing) when the kids and teachers can dress in a custome after their favorite literary character.
AND WHO IS THAT? Harry Potter...wizards....

This is the most moronic thing i have ever seen in all my years and it makes me want to grab my broom and take off early and spread that community with eye of neut and curse them all.

Children are doomed. And Christmas? Well,. they want to call it something like "Winter Holiday"

The most ridiculous item of the day, I would say.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
HAHA wacko parents! How pathetic is that? What parent would would their kid to stay in school and stay inside when everyone is off school and partying! I have never heard of that before!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If parents don't want Halloween, they don't want Halloween.

It's not the state's job to indoctrinate made up holidays be they candy corn or candy canes.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
American is, if anything, less religious than it use to be, thus, I would say the situation, as you complain about it, is getting better.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I guess this doesnt disturb any of you. Ok then.

Its ok to take any joy and fun away from children. I'm no psychologist but i think children should experience certain fun things in life. I guess things have changed.

Pitty

top topics

join