It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Dutch Shell on Thursday unveiled a 68% third- quarter profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Royal Dutch Shell on Thursday unveiled a 68% third- quarter profit due to a 49% increase for the price of oil and gas that it sold, as well as the sale of pipeline assets.

ExxonMobil comes out today. Let's see how much they made off of our fears...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Every single one of these announcements is a slap in our faces...scratch that, SPIT in our faces.

Its beyond comprehension its such an insult on the people.

I am so angry over this I cant even think about it.

Just wait until the rest of the industry announces their figures...

[edit on 27-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Skippy me ol' mucker. Guess who's in charge of US energy policies? Dick Cheney. And what's his take on increasing prices?

OPEC AND THE ECONOMIC CONQUEST OF IRAQ
Why Iraq Still sells its oil à la cartel
Twilight of the neocon gods

According to Morse, the switch to an OPEC-friendly policy for Iraq was driven by Dick Cheney himself. "The person who is most influential in running American energy policy is the Vice President," who, says Morse, "thinks that security begins by . . . letting prices follow wherever they may."

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Where's the revolution??? Where are the boycotts??? Are we going to let them keep beating us and milking us like that? Power is in the masses, but the masses are sitting un their butts and taking the abuse. We are being hoaxed! I just wish more people would actually go and research news instead of having the filtered versions handed to them.

They're gonna keep milking us untill there's nothing more to milk.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
Skippy me ol' mucker. Guess who's in charge of US energy policies? Dick Cheney. And what's his take on increasing prices?

Don’t turn this into an "American" thing, this is global. The only people paying cheap gas prices are the OPEC nations and Iraq. The rest of us are getting the shaft, and all these reports of record profits are proof.

I EXPECT increased revenue or sales volume, but increased profit is just plain unacceptable during inflation blamed on supply.

And as the Bandit says: As long as we sit still and bend over, we will continue to get the high hard one.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The US are in charge of the 2nd largest reserves on the planet. If Cheney and co wanted you to have cheap oil they could but they're more interested in shafting you for every dollar you've got.

Read Palast's report and you'll see what I mean.

And Dick Cheney, far from "putting the squeeze on OPEC," has taken his de facto seat there, assenting by silence to the oil monopoly's piratical price gouging. But hasn't OPEC's stratospheric crude prices choked the life out of America's auto industry and bankrupted half a dozen airlines? In the Vice-President's bunker the elimination of jobs of Democratic-leaning union members is likely seen as a bonus for the good deed of boosting oil industry profits far above the ozone layer.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Where's the revolution??? Where are the boycotts??? Are we going to let them keep beating us and milking us like that? Power is in the masses, but the masses are sitting un their butts and taking the abuse. We are being hoaxed! I just wish more people would actually go and research news instead of having the filtered versions handed to them.

They're gonna keep milking us untill there's nothing more to milk.

What the heck are we supposed to do? Not go to work!?!?!? That's all well and good if you're in college, but not realistic if you're paying a mortgage...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
That's the problem. There's not enough people who would do something about it at the same time. I know we have bills, we have debts, we have to pay gas to go to work. It's a lose-lose situation for us, the common folk, right now.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
Let's see how much they made off of our fears...

I find this rather funny, considering that its not the oil industry nor the petroluem geology industry that's been pushing Peak Oil, its the conspiracy community, that's who's made the fear.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Don’t turn this into an "American" thing, this is global. The only people paying cheap gas prices are the OPEC nations and Iraq. The rest of us are getting the shaft, and all these reports of record profits are proof.

I EXPECT increased revenue or sales volume, but increased profit is just plain unacceptable during inflation blamed on supply.

And as the Bandit says: As long as we sit still and bend over, we will continue to get the high hard one.

Who gladly lets them spit in our faces and than themselves spits in our faces??

Skippy you are fighting on the wrong side, when will you realise that?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I find this rather funny, considering that its not the oil industry nor the petroluem geology industry that's been pushing Peak Oil, its the conspiracy community, that's who's made the fear.

Are you sure about that? Look at the people and universities involved in the ASPO (The Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas):

www.peakoil.net...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Well the fact is Western society( Especially the US and Britain) benefits most by very high oil prices and if we are going to do anything about it we must investigate where to the money flows. I am sure you are familiar with how the world trade in oil happens primarily in the usd and how that enables the US to import up to 48% more than they export in dollar value... What makes this possible is the fact that they can endlessly print more and more usd as the demand for and price of oil increases. Millions of people all over the world are starving and dying while their goverments are forced to take dollar notes, for the goods their citizens produces simply so that they may be able to buy oil at ever higher prices.

I do not think it's at all fair to assume that in opec countries cheaper oil prices really makes much difference when their governments are still forced to pay for most of their imports with dollars( thus arming or otherwise subsidizing) since everyone else still needs dollars to pay for the oil they need. That's why most of the world is forced to keep the dollar as reserve currency and why there is such a huge demand for dollars on the market.

I am not going to add all the links i normally would as i am sure you are familiar with most of what i have said. I can however, as always, back what i say with as much evidence as you might want.

Anyways!

Stellar

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The US are in charge of the 2nd largest reserves on the planet. If Cheney and co wanted you to have cheap oil they could but they're more interested in shafting you for every dollar you've got.

Read Palast's report and you'll see what I mean.

And Dick Cheney, far from "putting the squeeze on OPEC," has taken his de facto seat there, assenting by silence to the oil monopoly's piratical price gouging. But hasn't OPEC's stratospheric crude prices choked the life out of America's auto industry and bankrupted half a dozen airlines? In the Vice-President's bunker the elimination of jobs of Democratic-leaning union members is likely seen as a bonus for the good deed of boosting oil industry profits far above the ozone layer.

Please check out the post above to see why i think it's not the oil companies we should be blaming but the goverments who use them wether it be for profit or as scapegoats. I just do not think that Bush and Co ( and most of those before him) would let oil companies get in the way so they must be part of their way. That is also exactly what my information shows.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

I do not think it's at all fair to assume that in opec countries cheaper oil prices really makes much difference when their governments are still forced to pay for most of their imports with dollars( thus arming or otherwise subsidizing) since everyone else still needs dollars to pay for the oil they need.

Last month there riots in Indonesia (OPEC) when the government abolished the state subsidy on fuel prices causing massive price increases.

Indonesia clashes over fuel hike

Angry protests have continued in Indonesia after the government more than doubled the average price of fuel.

The ironic thing here is that Indonesia, a member of OPEC and thus assumed an exporter is actually an importer of oil.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by uknumpty]

top topics

join