It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wen we think of Jesus most ppl think of a weak man wearing white with blonde hair and blue eyes who always smiled and was really nice, never upsetting anyone. Why do we have such a messed up idea of Jesus? Jesus was a carpenter b4 electricity that means he made wood stuff e.t.c, he worked six days a week probably for 20 years he would have had musles like a boxing heavy weight. He challanged ppl, he turned tables in meetings.

Next ppl say he never claimed to be God. He said "before abraham was I AM". I AM is the name of God. Also it says at the start of John: In the beggining their was the word(Jesus) and the word became flesh and dwelt amoung us.

ppl say he was crazy, if this is so how did he get his own brother believing him to be the messiah, the Jews who believed in him were not doing it for a laugh, they lost everything: friends, respect and many times their lives for Jesus.

Ok you could say Jesus was a good teacher but a great deciever. He fuffiled over 300 prophacies from the old testiment. Firstly he had to have been born from the family of David in bethlehem. He had to be betrayed, killed, have pl throw lots for his clothing e.t.c.
If u still believe he was decieving why is it that even today when ppl call upon the name of Jesus ppl are raised from the dead? Yes this happened in africa in 2001 and has probably happened since, u guys believe in conspiricies e.t.c which is where the devil comes in.

He's taking control of the world for a short time and I think its gonna happen v soon, look out for someone who claimes to unite the world in peace, dont be decieved by him, he could kill your mother straight in front of ur eyes and tell u that she commited suicide and u would believe him, u need God for those times.

Who am I to tell u bout God? absoulutly nobody and im sure uv heard bout Jesus b4, I dont know who u are who is reading this but I plead with u to not just look over this blindly. It amazes me how much demon stuff seems cool now whereas Jesus sounds boring. Christianity is supernatural! The deaf are hearing, the blind seeing. I believe God is working still , iv met with him, and I know whatevers happened in ur life he still cares bout and loves u.

If u are Jewish or muslim or any other religion and are reading this I want to say to you please get the right impression of christians, the media gives the wrong impression. And finally God promises if u seek with your whole heart u will find him.

God Rocks!!

3 nails+ 1 cross= 4given

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
not to say that you are not a christ body follower just a question...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How about just realizing the allknowing God, the creator has his Holy Spirit in each one of us, and we are all the sons and daughters of God.

Forgiven for what? The only true sin is not realizing the statement above. One does not have to go thru Jesus to get to heaven. We are allready in God's kingdom or have you not noticed?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
How about just realizing the allknowing God, the creator has his Holy Spirit in each one of us, and we are all the sons and daughters of God.

Forgiven for what? The only true sin is not realizing the statement above. One does not have to go thru Jesus to get to heaven. We are allready in God's kingdom or have you not noticed?

by whos guidlines do you go by to arrive at this decision?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If u are Jewish or muslim or any other religion and are reading this I want to say to you please get the right impression of christians, the media gives the wrong impression. And finally God promises if u seek with your whole heart u will find him.

Why not start by getting the right impression of Muslims. The western hemisphere is too bogged down by selfish biased media.

Remeber after the September 11th bombing, it showed muslims celebrating the attacks, these images plagued our televisions for weeks following the attacks. What sort of image is that supposed to give? Well it certainly isn't saying that all Muslims are nice! I know some Muslims personnally that were incredibly shocked by the attacks and its only the small, and I mean small, extreme section of the religion that would even consider these attrocities (sp?). And ALL religions have their ugly side.

Instead of asking for muslims to understand you why not try to understand 'them' and who 'they' are. There are 2 billion of you!

From a true Athiest, goodnight

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Since I have met Jesus personally in dreams, I know a little something about how he looks and how he is. Jesus looks like an ordanary Jewish white man in his thirties. You would be amazed to see how ordanary and straight he looks. He has black, short hair and wears common cloathing and no jewelry, not even a clock. He has a normal bodyshape. In other words he's not a heavyweight champion. In other words he is not the guy pictured on the Catholic idols. But as the originator of this topic says, Jesus isn't the allways happy Kriss Kringle like good uncle. He is a strict, perfectionist royal deity with his power from God directly who even is his Father, he is even the Crown Prince of Heaven fighting like a lion to conquer the power over the Earth from Satan and become King in Heaven and instate his son who is victorious like him, as king of the kings on Earth to end all wars and during the Millennium.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Since I have met Jesus personally in dreams

How can you know they werent just dreams? Like in normal dreams...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

Originally posted by mikromarius
Since I have met Jesus personally in dreams

How can you know they werent just dreams? Like in normal dreams...

Because this one time, Jesus read to me from Hosea, allthough I had never read that book before. And he questioned me and told me things I cannot explain. This was by the way the night before I got baptised. I have had many strange dreams in my life. And even visions when I'm awake. I have heared things and live in the Spirit all day and night whether I like it or not. The only thing I can do is to just trust in his promise that we will receive a compensation for this in the Kingdom. God's Mercy.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
SwordMaster: About your signature, I have a great self experienced story about Henry Rollins from some years back. It's totally unrelated, but it's hillarious. I was working as stagecrew at this festival and mr. Rollins played a great show. I had some time off, so I went out into the crowd to see his act. In the middle of the show, I became aware of this woman who was standing just a couple of meters to my left. She obviously liked to see the flexed up energetic sex symbol Rollins, so she was standing there with this man behind her who was all over her and she was staring at Rollins making the most sexy tongue moves and stuff she could manage. Suddenly our hero stopped singing and jumping around. He straightened up, looked right into her eyes, cleansed his throat and spit her right in the face, and to my and the rest of the audience's amusement he shouted to her: "SLUT!" and continued as if nothing had happened to a great cheer from the audience. The "slut" left with her tail between her legs. Hillarious.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mikros,
The Catholic Church doesn't have nor advocates idols or idol worship, it is against God.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Mikros,
The Catholic Church doesn't have nor advocates idols or idol worship, it is against God.

What is the reason for your ignorance? An idol is defined in the second commandment which btw the Catholic Church is trying to rewrite these days:�You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in Heaven above or on the Earth beneath or in the water under the Earth.

The ways in which the Catholic Church teach us to worship includes the keeping and worshipping of/with idols and the church is so full of art which as accurate as possible represents "what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth" that it is hard to not mistake the churches for art galleries.

Which part is it you don't understand? Why isn't the Word enough for you? Why do you have to make yourself an image of it in order to worship? You are like the people in the times of Enosh who made idols of the Name of the Lord and bowed down before them. Is it the only way you can do what you do? Is it the only way of woship you know? You are too visual in your ways of worship. God lives and works in the hidden. An image of God is per definition an idol. The church is full of them!

The Catholic Church even hired Michelangelo, still called the best naturalist artist ever lived, to paint an image of the Father in the roof of the Sixtene chapel, and you still don't see any idols? Not even when there's an auchtion where you can buy illuminated idols called icons� for millions of dollars? You amaze me! Any representation of a saint with a glory� is a Ba'alist (yes, the glory is a representation of the Sun in the sky) idol. Images of mortal and corruptable men and women made even more corruptible by the idols they have made to represent them. It's sick and perverted. We are not even allowed to worship Jesus. We are only allowed to worship what/who he represents: God. Even Jesus worship God. And only God. But the Church doesn't know God. If they did they wouldn't continue doing what they do. Pathetic!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by mikromarius
I have a great self experienced story about Henry Rollins from some years back. It's totally unrelated, but it's hillarious. I was working as stagecrew at this festival and mr. Rollins played a great show. I had some time off, so I went out into the crowd to see his act. In the middle of the show, I became aware of this woman who was standing just a couple of meters to my left. She obviously liked to see the flexed up energetic sex symbol Rollins, so she was standing there with this man behind her who was all over her and she was staring at Rollins making the most sexy tongue moves and stuff she could manage. Suddenly our hero stopped singing and jumping around. He straightened up, looked right into her eyes, cleansed his throat and spit her right in the face, and to my and the rest of the audience's amusement he shouted to her: "SLUT!" and continued as if nothing had happened to a great cheer from the audience. The "slut" left with her tail between her legs. Hillarious.

I saw Henry Rollins about 2 months ago live when he played here............. the man is fabulous. I'm typing this while listening to " The Boxed Life"

The man is a machine. And strangely enough looks like the terminator!!!!!!!!

Nice to see a few other Rollins fans around.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I agree the Catholic Church in particular worships idols and is in direct defiance of the 10 commandments.

-----------

The bible says if we seek we will find can't remember where and in Matthew Ch18 V19 Jesus is quoted as saying 'Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven'
There are numerous other versions of this assertion Matt 17 -20, 18-14,21-21 are some.

If the above is true and the word of GOD/jesus then why is there so much trouble in the world. Surely more than 2 people at any one time are praying for peace in all the war torn countries of the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

I saw Henry Rollins about 2 months ago live when he played here............. the man is fabulous. I'm typing this while listening to " The Boxed Life"

The man is a machine. And strangely enough looks like the terminator!!!!!!!!

Nice to see a few other Rollins fans around.

He doesn't look like the Terminator: The Terminator looks like Hnry Rollins
I have more stories about the guy, the man is a man of principles. He has this Don't-screw-with-me-or-I'll-make-you-sorry!-Really! attitude that I like. He humiliated this black metal singer so bad behind stage once: He went over to this satanist saying something like: "You call this pain?" refering to their act and their lifestyle. He took a good grab of the guy's hair, and with a quick move almost knocked his head in the table, saying: "This is real life! This is pain!" and he simply walked away. I actually spoke with him backstage after the show for about five minutes, and he made his drummer sign a pair of sticks for me. First time I have ever seen him relaxed.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Quote: From Adrianay;
Next ppl say he never claimed to be God. He said "before abraham was I AM". I AM is the name of God. Also it says at the start of John: In the beggining their was the word(Jesus) and the word became flesh and dwelt amoung us]

there is no heaven nor is there a hell.

i can not rely on books written by the hand of a human being on this topic, only learn from their experiences.

I can even believe all the contents are real. still is there the fact that it is the perception of a human being.

Having quite the vibrant social life i know how humans perceive. If all people would perceive its experiences how they really are we would have no need for diplomacy. everything would be clear.

So i can only say i know there is a huge number of perceptions that tell us that a force of love is surrounding us. books with memories of who have had the honour of communicating with it.

There are however also a lot of other perceptions that share that there is a realm not far from us where there is more than just the saint pieter and mother
Maria Magdalena.

It only needs meditation hypnoses or a listening ear or a writing hand. sometimes it needs nothing.

There are also perceptions of people who know how to use these methods and penetrate that realm where there is allot off life. Advantages. these people call it remote viewing, magic or quantum theory.

It is our future to know more and more about god. i personally believe that god is the perception itself. the world is the way you view it god is a shoving the way how we see it...we are little pieces of the same thing... whether you like flying planes and aggressive dogs, or cubusses, all that there is,.. is what you perceive.

i am god. and you are to. just as the dog.

Spot

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
uh... okay. That made no sense. Anyway...

It always seems that these religious threads always wonder into the Cath**ic realms.

Like I said in another post: you cannot prove the existance of God, or Christ. If I could, you still would not believe me. If I said I had seen him, or had some type of difinitive proof (like the guy who saw him in a dream), you would come up with some reason for why I was wrong. It is in an unbelievers nature to not believe, so why ask?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
About idols: It may at first seem irrational that God doesn't want us to keep any images to represent God or his creation. But there are many simple explanations for this.

First: God is Spirit, and the Spirit is invisible. Noone have ever seen God, except Jesus, he has seen him, and when we see Jesus (in spirit) we only see the shape he chose for the moment. It is impossible to make an image of God, for he is the existing one, he lives, we would have to create him, therefore any image made to represent him lies. It will be like making an image of a sound. It is impossible. You can ofcourse make an image that makes you think about God, but it is unnessasary for we have the Word which is his image. If anything physical created by humans reminds you about God, you don't know God, and it isn't a true representation of God. God is the only good entity. When they called Jesus good, he simply answered logically that noone is good except God, for not even Jesus could do anything if it hadn't been for God. We wouldn't have existed. Nothing would, if it hadn't been for God. It's pure folly, idiocy and stupidity to make an image of God, or to worship God through art. It's artificial. Makebelieve and lies. Art is a human expression and God isn't. Don't give God human preferances in your mind. You will be sorry.

Secondly: When making an image meant for worship, be it a statue of a saint, a picture claiming to be a picture of Jesus or whatever, as surroundings in a place of worship, you worship these idols. When God explained how the interiour of the Solomon temple should look like, he instructed Solomon to place statues of Cherubim therein. Since it was directly instructed by God, God is the one who created them. The God of Jesus has never instructed anyone to make statues of so called saints or pictures of anything decaying, mortal, corruptible or errous, and all his creations have a divine purpose. Art is but the most pathetic thing God knows, for it never tells the truth. It's so very human and is the prime tool of wicked forces to drive people's minds away from God and toward the abyss. The Cherubim of the Law are the Cherubim God put to guard the Tree of Life. And the swinging swinging sword is the Ark of Covenant. And this sword is the sword that comes out of the mouth of the Son of Man. He judge using the Law. The Word is the Law. And to be allowed to eat from the Tree of Life demands that we observe the Law and live by it as good as we can.

If you don't understand this, you neither understand why you keep idols in the first place, so why do you? You better look at your weak faith which needs art in order to exist, and make up your mind about all the artificial gadgets you keep to make you feel allright and for others to see your "devotion". Pathetic it is.

God didn't give us religion. Satan did. Throughout the Tannakh, God fights religion. God gave us a Kingdom and a Law. And the Kingdom is ruled by the King Priest who is the highest servant of God, his name is a secret name, but he was called Yeshuah of Nazareth when he toiled under the Sun in the tent of sin. His priests' job is to make penance for the people. Their order demands that they live and teach perfectly according to the Law, so the people also can live and learn according to the Law. So when a priest knowingly teach the people to brake the Law, like the Catholic priests have done since they started, they sin not only for themselves, but their sins are transfered to the people, who will be cursed because of these deceitful priests. Religion is the most important tool used by the satans to brake down true worship and faith. Religion is systemised sin. And no priest can carry the sins of the people, he will die together with them, while the Lamb witness about his sufferings. To worship God is to do his will, not to cry your heart out about why he has forsaken you. Help a guy in need, keep your promises, share your bread and visit someone who's lonely, instruct the people who sin, so they can repent, and live as good as you can after the will of God, which is the Law. And the Law is the Word. The Word is Jesus. Live as Jesus lived. Teach as Jesus teached and worship like Jesus worshipped. Don't worship Jesus, do after him! Worship only God alone. Follow him! Take up your cross and take part in his suffering! Don't be a merchant in the Temple courts! Put not your faith in works of men. Judge with wisdom according to the Law, but condemn not, for everything can find forgiveness with the Lord.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join