It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need an overclocking program thats works on non ATI or Nvidia video cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, I fried my radeon 9800 pro (dont ask) and now I want to see if I can overclock my on board integrated videocard. I have an old SiS 650_740 core and would like to know if I can overclock it, but my biggest problem is that so far is that I have found no overclocking tools that work on it. All of them see to me made only for ATi or Nvidia... Does anyone know where I can download a program that could help me, cuz I've been looking for hours one the net and found nothing.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, honestly I wouldn't really see the point, since now a days vid cards are kind of cheap, and most AGP cards are going to be better than what you can do with the onboard stuff. That and, I didn't even think that was possible.

But heck, did you try going through Bios and upping the usable RAM for it? Sometimes it's set for 32 and can go up to 64.

No matter what you do to that onboard stuff as far as I've ever seen, it still could barely handle say Half-life or even a full done starcraft game.

Invest in another video card, you'll get better results, even the latest and greatest in onboard chipsets still don't hold a candle to any card based upgrade.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
Invest in another video card, you'll get better results, even the latest and greatest in onboard chipsets still don't hold a candle to any card based upgrade.

Yeah I know this, thats why I bought my ATi card. But I like overclocking so I wanna see if I can overclock my SiS core just out of plain curiosity. Would u happen to know an overclocking tool that works on it? Besides that im broke and if i would buy a new video card it would to cost me over 350 bucks for a x850xt pe.

Originally posted by Kalapadea
But heck, did you try going through Bios and upping the usable RAM for it? Sometimes it's set for 32 and can go up to 64.

I've never seen this option in BIOS before... maybe cuz I bought my computer back in 2002.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I wouldnt buy the latest vid card anyway, I'd settle for a 9600XT with 128 MB RAm, capable of handling all the latest games. It won't be smooth and perfect, but it will be just fine till you can upgrade your system completely if you do.

As for the bios option, the computers I work on are from 1992 and beyond, any with onboard video have these options

Usually they're found in "Integrated Peripherals" Look for something along the lines of "Video options" there should be an option for AGP arpeture size, and or Video Ram size. If I were you, I'd load up my BIOS on the next reboot and write down all the options you see, and post em here
If not me, I'm sure somebody knows where to find em.

EDIT: The only thing I can tell you about overclocking onboard video, is to overclock your RAM, as that's the true source of onboard video. But heck, avoid it if possible, Intel's aren't really made for it
I've seen instances where kids tried to overclock their P4 or C, only to find out that while the overclocking was on, neither the onboard sound or video would run.

Is this a manufactured PC by any chance? Like a name-brand? (Dell, gateway, e-machine, hp, compaq etc?)

[edit on 10/27/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Its an old 2002 Sony VAIO... its was pretty good back in its day, but now it well... sucks. I dont plan on upgrading to a whole new computer system till about 2009, ill just max out this one (getting the best CPU, video card, ram, hard drive, OS that go with my mobo... in about 9 months) and hang in there till I have 10 grand to waste on a new system. I've been through my BIOS like 200 times... its VERY limited and there are few things i can change... bah. I checked the ASUS site for bios updates but it seems they stop caring bout mobos older then 2 years... Ill post all the options i have some other time beacuse its getting late. Thanks for the replys tho.

Original specs were:
CPU: P4 2.0 ghz
Ram: DDR 512 @ 266
Onboard sound and video cards... crappy SiS
HD: 60 GB

Specs on May- August 2005 were:
CPU: P4 2.0 ghz
Ram: DDR 2048 @ 400
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (which was ok till ill volt modded it and overheated
)
HD: 60 GB

So now im back on my mobo video card... with a painfull fill rate of only about 6% what my Radeon did.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by beyondSciFi]

new topics

top topics

join