It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to control People

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This thread is about control mechanisms around us daily used to control the way we think, the way we react, the way we do..often automatically without us even being aware of it.

The textbook example of this is the case of Ivan Pavlov the psychologist.
He experimented with a dog to check its responses. He found that when he fed a dog..he rang a bell and turned on a light. The Dog began to salivate when the light was turned on or the bell rang as a automatic response ..the dog thinking it would be fed. This is a preconditioned response to a stimulus. It is control. All Ivan Pavlov had to do is turn on the light or ring the bell and the dog began salivating ..no matter what time or whether he was going to feed the dog or not. A controlled conditioned response. People are not much different.

We are controlled in similar ways by food tastefully splashed across our television screens ...music jingles across our radios at home or in our automobiles. Even the manners they condition us to think in school without us being much aware of this. THe body politics is not ignorant..they too take note of how people respond or to put it another way ..how to put people on a string..like puppets for votes.
Some of us who go back far enough to the beginings of the talk show format ..back to PHil Donahue...and others who have replaced him ...Jerry Springer, Oprah, Maury..etc etc..today..note that the public has been satisfactorily pre conditioned to emotional responses by this talk show format. Hence you see the most emotional issues passing for excellence and being correct in politics. Some of us feel that this phoney emotionalism is the source of this concept of Political Correctness..not necessarily what is true or even moral. It is more like what is expedient for the body politic.

This thread is about these types of control mechanisms used to put us on a string like a puppet often without us even being aware of it. This..not strictly for the purposes of politics but also for the purposes of seperatinig us from our moneys...merchandizing. It just so happens that much of politics is in fact merchandizing.
WE hope Frosty that you will be able to contribute to the thread. Thanks for your post.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Control what? My blood sugar level? The number of strings on my guitar? I am afraid I do not understand.

Have you read the who thread and other things Orangetom has written about concerning sports etc?...might help.

But more importantly...lets talk guitars!
LMAO! ...so you bring up strings and have a pic of Page with his 12 string double neck Gibson...you play...? 12 strings?

I like Page, but think John MCLaughlin is a master of the doubleneck. He even had a custom made double neck with scalloped fretboard to really bend those notes...oh wait...this board isn't about guitars....

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Orangetom, I'm glad you finally realized Suzy did get your point and is in agreement, she was just elaborating on the points of the debate, that it isn't a debate-because nothing real or truthful is presented, it's just the same game as it is in politics, just a trigger and as you say a default setting-I see both of these issues too and am equally irritated.

As a matter of fact we might have been watching fox news at the same exact time the other night! I did the same-picked up the remote, and stifling the urge to throw it at the TV, just turned the channel.

It started talking about the qualifications about him being judge and switched to a womean who started with..."Well, I'd like to ask him what his view on Roe Vs Wade...what is his stand on abortion today and is it the same as back in 19....blah blah blah when he said ...blah blah blah...I couldn't find the remote fast enough. it *IS* very irritating to me that this is constantly brough up and the be all end all determning facotr by both sides of whether they support a person's appointment, or politically, etc. CRAZY!!!

SUZY-I agree 100% with the fact Pro-Choice is Pro-cover up and deceit...there certainly should be a pro-INFORMED choice, but you will never see *that* kind of information revealed for the good of anyone.

Just as we'll never see an interviewr ask someone who says "Well I'd like to his know his view of Roe Vs Wade and stand on abortion" then interrupt, or even politely wait and that person WTH that is always the main determining factor in determing the best candidate for anyfreakinthing????!?!?!?!!!

and WHY it is continually and consistantly ignorantly ALWAYS used?!?!

But...never going to happen...and the media just perpetuates the problem by not asking that simple question!

[edit on 9-1-2006 by think2much]

[edit on 9-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The problem with politics here in America is that politicians like merchandizers have discovered many years ago that the determining factor in the American economy is the woman not the men. Women and today make up at least half the population especially in high electorial vote states. Women in the economy mostly have access to two incomes ...theirs and their mans income if they work and their mans if they dont. This makes the woman the driving economic force in the nation. This also makes the men more disopsable and expendable..economically and politically..after all economics is politics.
Therefore ..economically and politically the womans vote counts more than the male vote....Especially among younger female voters with alot of disposable income..and women who never reallly grew up outside thier consumption levels or thier sexuality. They are much easier to put on this emotional abortion issue string. The talk show format has gauranteed a emotional pre conditioned female political block malliable for votes. This did not escape the notice of the body politic.
This is why it is important to back this up with Supreme Court judges who are also malliable ..to help gaurantee the womens votes needed to play through ...continually. In essence this becomes the new dogma..the new entitlement. The new right to play through unhindered. You can see this clearly in any interview. Watch the militant zealousness ..the right to play though..it is obvious in these interviews. The entitlement. This is the essence of the issue..how to get womens votes...continually,predictably, controllably,..and malliably.
This is about votes...not as Suzy alludes to ..the baggage associated with this...the baggage is also expendable and disposable like the males are becoming in this society. Votes are what it is about. This is what the body politic and the news media are trying to hide...conceal... They dont care who's soul they sell for votes/power. Male or female.
YOu are looking at the pattern which is in fact ..the essence of selling souls of people who are mostly unawares of what is happening. It works best this way.

To Hail...to ever conceal and never reveal...not by mark, step sign , or inscription.
On penalty of having my throat cut in the first degree..
On penalty of having my chest cut open and my heart taken out and burried in the sand at the low water mark in the second degree
On penalty of having my belly cut open and my entrails cast to the four winds in the third degree.
You are looking at the essence of Gnosticism at work in modern times. By thier own admission in thier books they will admit that anything needed to reach the goal is perfection...is moral...is good..is acceptable. This is what logical reasonable men do to reach perfection. This is the work of this religion. It is a religion..obviously by the devoutness and zealousness of its adherents ....especially the politicians and thier lobbys on this issue.

This should ring a close and personal bell to Suzy. I think she understands this pattern quite well.
This is Politics. Always has been and always will be.

This is control.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I posted"

"You are looking at the essence of Gnosticism at work in modern times. By thier own admission in thier books they will admit that anything needed to reach the goal is perfection...is moral...is good..is acceptable."

I forgot to add..about this religion...anything needed to reach the goal is perfection....is moral..is acceptable...."is god."

Advancing by degrees in the wisdom of this world.

Deus meumque Jus Deus...god... is my right..or my right is god.

What I want is god.

another is Ordo ob chao Order from Chaos.

to cause the chaos so that you can bring about the new order.

you will find this on some Gnostic books if you know where to look.

Is this not the philosophy/religion they are teaching in colleges now days..without telling the students this is what is happening??? A 180 degree turn about from what was 50 years ago. Control????

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks orangetom-I always value your opinion and the food for thoguht you give.

I do see this in politics-and I see that it's about votes-the same way women are targeted for all marketing-when I sold cars I was spefically trained on manipulating women!
... because whether they were buying by/for themselves-or with their spouse-they were the target-a man's ego is all he has so he is easy usually, the women were the real target for the emotional psychological sale...of everything it seems, huh?

all the women I know are equally as stereotypical of what you present as what they want to target women to be-the consumer driven, emotional malliable victim or target of what you witness...so I guess through conditioning they are creating the true breed of women they seek...scary...it's in schhols, entertainment, society...it's perpetuated everywhere.

as for the 'religion of gnosticism'...thats scarey too...

As far as the excess baggage you talk of suzy was speaking of, I think it's just because she already first-handedly agreed with you by her view of our situation here and that abortion issue trigger/default setting etc...so she was talking of another issue
but because she didn't have anything to add besides her agreement-or thats what I thought!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thanks again for your post.
I did not know that you sold cars at one time. Very intresting. Also a very good way for you to relate to what I was saying. You definitely know about what I was describing from a different and very personal level. I was told similar by a woman who sold cars that they especially target the women ..so as to get to the mans wallet if their is a man involved...they know that women do not traditionally buy cars with men in mind or for men. This is simple economics ..this is also politics. Male disposability and male expendability.
Yes the body politic and the abortion issue is the same thing The same pattern. Emotionally gauranteed to get the votes. It too is male disposability and male expendability by default...it is also the expendability/disposability of the unborn for votes by default. This is why I say the selling of the souls of others.
Now to be fair about this not all women buy into this sort of thing and I actually think this is begining to turn around albet slowly. I say this because many of the younger women seem to be choosing to have thier children. Not all of them but it is noticable. My point is that many today are not choosing the issues that their mothers so eagerly championed. This does not prevent the body politic from continuing to use this one issue as the litmus test ...for "control" of who does or does not sit on the Judicial bench by appointment. Any Judicial Bench Seat.
The appointment hearings begin to day so this thread is appropriate. We will see if it is the "Usual Suspects" I have not checked into it as of yet. I will catch the news reruns when I get back tonight.
Yes... you are correct when you say it is in schools , on television , all around you and perpetuated everywhere. A consumer orientation to the point that we must consume by default at least half the population in one degree or another to perpetuate this controlled system. And now we must consume by default , by entitlement , the unborn....all of this for votes. And no one seems to ask the obvious questions we pose here. Very interesting.

As to the excess baggage...this refers to those who are expendable and disposable. Particulary the unborn. This is what I got from Suzy...also the aftereffects this takes or weighs on a person who has gone for abortion. After all what person of any type of morality/good conscience wants to outlive thier children. This is alot of what I believe she is getting at. I too have seen this in women who have gone this route. It is not quite the free ride many like to promote.

But that is not all..there is something in that post exclusively for Suzy about which she is very attuned and familiar on a personal level.

I am very glad you yourself understand what I was posting also from a personal level of experience...this is very encouraging.

When you watch the hearings or the news about the hearings Think2much remember ..it is about control.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes orangetom, I sold cars for a brief period of time and I was pretty good at it, but actually got fired!
long story-got fired by an "acting manager" when the real boss was away...all for not playing a specific game of bullying. It was funny, and my ego was bruised, but I didnt enjoy that job anyway, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was the only job I've ever lost.

I was actually fired because I let someone leave the showroom without "letting the bulldog (the acting manager that fired me) at 'em"

Once a person has sat down, and you have a name, some kind of repoire etc it was a rule they were not to walk out the door without one of two things happening...either they sign papers to buy a car OR they are "introduced" to the manager before leaving ( turned over to the manager to bully and harrass them.

I didn't play that game in all cases and he fired me for letting a couple "go" -home to think about it/discuss it and not buy impulsively. He hated me anyway and saw his chance to get rid of me and took it...but I was relieved you know? Though the injustice of it irked me.

Anyway...as far as my statement about the women I know...I am not saying all women are like that, but I have noticed the ones I know...or know well enough are stereotypically like that...I am talking shopping, consumer driven upgrade your car/house watch reality TV and jump on the popular emotional/political bandwagon women. ugh

I do feel that control when I watch the news already...that lowest common denominator targeting...not just in entertainment and commericals, but definately in the media and TV news...which seems a branch of entertainment these days more than a branch of informative media...

...sad thing is, I think that half those talking heads don't even know it!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Before I shove off here I want to say that I am very very encouraged to see that you know what I do..the lowest common denominator coming across to us through so many avenues of communication which bombard us daily. You are obviously alerted to this type of "virus".

By the way ..that too... was my first reaction besides a "colourful metaphor"..to throw the remote at the television. At that moment I had had enough!!

Gotta shove off now.. My thanks to you also for your encouragement.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Think2Much and Orangetom, you both got the right idea of what I was saying. Are we getting to 'know' each other? Sorry I've had a crazy night..day, heck it's 7.30 a.m., I got up 24 hours ago, anyway every time I got back to this thread there was more and more to concider before posting so I'd go back to short answer topics, in between the craziness happening in the 'real' world.

So Orangetom, You would know why I hate the term, "HUMAN RESOURCE", it ain't a lie in "their" eyes. We are no more than sand, fish and every other exploitable "material".

I actually avoided the women's vote issue, with us Aussies knowing as much about Rowe v Wade as you guys, thanks to all the American media we get. WE A BORED WITLESS BY IT AS WELL! Yep, it is that bad, it's become a "stop think" trigger here to and we don't even have your legal system here, bizzar!

Just like men naturally protect their reproductive organs if they feel threatened, women are deep down, terrified they may have to be 'butched with a coathanger' if 'A' choise is taken away from them. It's a slam dunk!

Things are certainly heating up guys, there is so much to discuss about how successfull "their" propaganda is right now, significantly concidering how very baddly "they've" all been busted lately. What does it take to wake people up to the fact that this isn't just another 'rough patch' in history?

Have you noticed how many folk on ATS openly support and promote the NWO and claim every conspiracy, isn't, besides Christianity being the big conspiracy?

It seems ATSers have switched from exposing conspiracy and corruption to telling us everything is good and fine and for the best. burrr...shivers... WHO is CONTROLING them?

I'll get back to you when I'm not sleep deprived, I just nodded off at the key board...but if the majority of the world hasn't willingly sold out, what specific controls are "they" useing now, when there's a white elephant and black 'pushmepullyou' mud wrestling in everyones kitchen, and the kids are still being blamed for not wiping their feet?

Oh Think2much, that other thread I've still not had time to answer with care, you already picked a differing view I share, I'll catch you there after I've slept in a bed, micro naps at keyboard don't work.........sorry should have u2ud this bit ,but just woke and typed my thought, won't do it again, no more sleep typing.....

[edit on 9-1-2006 by suzy ryan]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Control of people, take for example, getting people to spend beyiond their means to be like the Jones'. So they run up creditcards, debitcards, etc, for things they don't need

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The sad thing is that even those who are happy with 'enough', get alot of heavy social pressure to keep up, so as not to 'embarrass' their 'friends'.

Live on a 'needs' and not 'wants' basis' and you soon find yourself missing out on alot of social occasions. Can't have you turning up in a neat, clean, stylish, $50.00 dress where everyone else has paid thousands to look ridiculous for a few hours, that would 'embrrass' 'you'. So out of concern for 'your feelings' they don't invite you or talk about it in your presence.

One family I knew had every top of the range everything, and all the kids had their own everything, in their own room. Oh how they loved to boast to others when they were out and insult friends they'ld stay with as guests (but really for free babysitting) for not having everything they 'should'. Yet at home, when the parents weren't out working, they all ignored each other unless they were fighting about someone watching someone elses T.V.

But damn, they were great for the 'economy'! A quarter million in debt, sure we can trust you with another 1/4 million, you're 'business people', got to keep up appearances, it's good for business.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow... it's just amazing how someone's personal choice and freedom's can be construed to mean being controlled by someone else. I really liked the getting in debt example the most. I don't own a credit card though to "keep up with the jones'". I know I can't afford to, and I know I'd have trouble getting out of debt. So what did I do? I used the freedom of personal choice to stay out of debt. The same choice everyone on this planet has.

Controlling is when your forced to do something, it's not when you have an option to decide what your going to do. Does anyone really need to be so petty as to think of what other's think of them? Does it really matter if you have all the latest gadget's just because the Jones' do? I don't think that's control, that's just envy and we buy into that envy when we get "easy" money from credit cards. You CHOOSE to get that credit card and go in debt, no one shoved it down your throat and said keep up.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If your business requires networking (and what big business doesn't) not getting all the right invites to all the right gatherings can cost you everything. Money likes to be seen with money, and all that 'feed the economy' BS.

I don't buy into it but all to many do. It isn't always a pride or greed thing either, people have been convinced that they have to provide a good start for their children and a good start is so much more than tertiary education but the best(most expensive) and every other little social leg up, from Aspen holidays to whatever the fad of age is.

Yes they have a choise but if they are comparing that 'lifestyle' with disrespect in a poor neighbourhood, because there really isn't much in between, in their media filled imagination and the working poor have it worse than welfare receipients well off they go, doing their 'best'.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Everyone has the choice to live withing they're income bracket. Everyone has the freedom to better themselve's to improve they're income bracket. It's not a matter of control, it's a matter of who's willing to work hard to lead a better life for themselve's and their family.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Everyone has the choice to live withing they're income bracket. Everyone has the freedom to better themselve's to improve they're income bracket. It's not a matter of control, it's a matter of who's willing to work hard to lead a better life for themselve's and their family.

Yes everyone has freedom of choice, no one denies that, or that those who live beyond their means choose to, but rather the point about the controling faotor of keeping up with the joneses, isn't a conscious choice in many instances is the arguement...it's about conditioning, marketing, and a lifestyle perpetuated into the next generation.

The idea it is necessary to work hard to get ahead for your family is fine, but at what cost? ANd what is enough? and what is "ahead" and what of those that don't know it's through hard work, and choose to try to buy into it and then find out what hard work is when they have to take anohter job to keep up with their debt...all for the family...they never see....

it is further perpetuated by the entertainment business which sells veiwpoints, fashion and standard of living ideals that set the standards for those ideals the hard working people are working so hard to provide for their families...sometimes at the cost of having others raise their children for them etc...

The control factor is not a twist your arm type of thing, it's a seducing one that ingrains as sense of urgency to have it all now to be happy...etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The control factor is not a twist your arm type of thing, it's a seducing one that ingrains as sense of urgency to have it all now to be happy...etc.

I'd like to point out that it is one's choice to buy into all the "hype".

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt

I'd like to point out that it is one's choice to buy into all the "hype".

Of course it is, but many people don't understand this no matter how you try to say "Look!" they don't see it and get it....they don't know they are buying into anything...and they don't see the hype...they are conditioned and don't know it. Surely you've seen this reality even if you are wise enough not to buy into yourself, you know?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm sure they understand the ramification's of I make x amount of money, what I want cost's x amount of money, I would need a credit card to even buy what it is that I can't afford, but I would go into debt if I did, but I want to have it to "wow" my friends.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Homo est deus???

Orangetom

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join