It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions that came true...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does anyone have a list, or know of a website that lists predictions that have come true?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There are virtually no psychics or prophets, whatever you prefer to call them, that can be credited with saying ..."something specific will happen to someone or something specific, on some specific date." they are all much too vague and interpretive for that kind of clarity.
I'm sure in general terms the answer to your query is propably yes, according to some of the folks on this board. Some believe it's like horseshoes, generally close is good enough.
For me, I think that a prophecy that is generally close, is nothing more than an educated guess. I mean really, who wouldn't observe mankind and his ways at any historical point and not predict that one day the mother of all battles will take place? That's not prophecy. That's a logical assumption.
To say that a hurricane will strike a major gulf city is not a psychic prediction. To say that we will have eathquakes on a major scale is not premonition. It is a scientific fact.
To my way of thinking for a prophet to be a prophet and/or a seer, they must speak with clarity and specificity. Otherwise I can make my own educated guesses. JMHO

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I agree with you, freddie. I was just reading on another site about bible prophesies that have come true, and on another site about Nostradamus. It seems like the predictions or prophisies themselves are so vague that they coulod be refering to anything, then after the fact they are explained to meet the event that already happened.

On another thread, they talked about the predictions of supposed time traveler John Titor... when I asked what predictions he made that came true no one could answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm really surprised some folks hav'nt jump on this topic to show us where we are wrong, Craig.
I was sort of hoping to see some of these truly prophetic moments.
Like I said, I don't believe in any of the ones I'm aware of.
But that doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm certainly not aware of everything or very much at all, for that matter. I keep hoping.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah I doubt any I have every heard. There is one real creepy guy off usenet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Look at the mug on the above guy! Let me predict right now shall he never get laid lol!

Oh I guess there is another one by the name of Xinoehpoel I have not seen an url yet will post if I find it however.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Have have read extensively abot Sollog, and I do not beleive he is able to predict things. Here is what Wikipedia says about him :

Critics claim that his predictions are so general and obscure that they admit an unreasonably large number of interpretations, and that his predictions are endlessly varied and in such quantities that an accidental hit is inevitable. (Thank you for the link, japike.)

I have not heard of the other guy, but will research him... thanks for the info.

top topics

join