It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's " ATS Skunk Works"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What's all that about? And why the devil horns conspiracy guy?
Did I miss something?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ATS Skunk Works

And that´s all I know as well...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I see it has a New Thread button in thre, do you reckon I'd get into trouble if I christened the new forum? (kidding).

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its a joke of some sort, the Mods and higher enjoy doing this once in awhile, usually around this time of year. They like to amuse themselves.

They did a really great one last year about an alien invasion. I thought it was in great taste, especially on a site which takes the debunking of such so seriously.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Its a joke of some sort, the Mods and higher enjoy doing this once in awhile, usually around this time of year. They like to amuse themselves.

It's not a joke....

I'll wait for a super or admin to make the official announcement, but it's essentially a new extension of the conspiracy forums

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Only admins can post there at the moment.

Be interesting to see where this leads.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by Mainer

It's not a joke....

I'll wait for a super or admin to make the official announcement, but it's essentially a new extension of the conspiracy forums

Like I said last year, when the authorities on the site put forward hoaxes and play along even when called on it they lose future credibility. So I guess we will see.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have no worries of "losing future credibility"...so I guess we will see...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Is that guy with the tionfoil hat William by any chance

*infinite gets banned*

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Man with a tin foil hat and cyber shades.

horns or antennae?

?Hmmmmm?

IMO the image doesn't lend to the collective intellect here on ATS . . . but Hey let's see where it goes?!

Spot On . . . from a conspirital standpoint. However, IMO, ATS is sooo much more than simply a conspiracy site. She may strive to hold true to her origins yet growth and evolution are inevitable.

Individual thoughts resulting in one E-Z board have evolved into 3 categorical boards, a "News" channel, content out the ying-yang, Podcasts[woohoo], and recent talk of broadcast TV representation. Whew?!

:Hats off: to the ATS staff! You have created a means by which to feel the pulse of "Joe Public" on a global basis.

[for now]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
skunkworks

A skunkworks is a group of people who, in order to achieve unusual results, work on a project in a way that is outside the usual rules. A skunkworks is often a small team that assumes or is given responsibility for developing something in a short time with minimal management constraints. Typically, a skunkworks has a small number of members in order to reduce communications overhead. A skunkworks is sometimes used to spearhead a product design that thereafter will be developed according to the usual process. A skunkworks project may be secret.
whatis.techtarget.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a new forum!?!?!?

great!!!

let's see some new forums that we suggested here...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wonder, the Northrup skunkworks is for developing top secret stuff-hmmm
Could it have to do with ATS tv?
That is getting ideas what to show?
If it is a new section-u know it is going to be a good one.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Is that guy with the tionfoil hat William by any chance

Nope sorry, it is actually EnronOutrunHomerun shaved bald and dressed up. He lost the bet, and well you can see how it turned out.

The original design was going to be optically invisable, but unanimously we agreed that would defeat the whole purpose.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm laughing on the inside....

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Boy oh boy does that head look familiar.

Looks like an avatar I had at one time, but was in black and white and was more than the head. Very cool.

Tin foil is always good.

seekerof

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I was going to say that's Seekerof.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Its been around the net for awhile:

img.villagephotos.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mainer, I am the optimist.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am just kidding, Mainer.

seekerof