It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New style warsaw pact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Russia and China made an economic alliance about four years ago I think to rebuild the dead ex soviet economy. Now they are taking a step closer to making a Eurasian security bloc to counter the NATO alliance. I was just wondering if they would even be able to get along or how strong such and alliance would be. Some mentioned members are India, Pakistan, Iran, Russia, and China. Such an alliance would probably destroy US influence in the region. Maybe its a ploy for some help when China goes into Taiwan?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While it may sound plausible to those who aren't knowledgeable in politics, but ya an alliance between officially atheist nations such as Russian and China with predominantly Muslim/Islamic nations such as Pakistan won't happen. Not unless it was REALLY in the best interests of said nations and OBVIOUSLY so.

As for China/Russia, while more likely will mostly be skin deep, since there'll be undoubtable some animosity between us as we bicker over the Siberian border disputes.

I'll comment on it later.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Although China and Russia may work together a bit, I strongly doubt the two goverments really like eachother that much. Historically other than weapons sales to China, Russia has never gotten along with China. Not only were there border disputes in the 1990's (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm pretty sure that the reason Stalin wanted Mongolia to be independant was because an independant Mongolia would be a lot easier to sent a column of tanks through than Chinese occupied Mongolia. The train of thought supposedly was that if Staliin ever had a problem with the Chinese, we wanted a fairly direct route for his tank divisions to take straight into Beiging (I forgot how to spell that).

So I really doubt this is going to be a very deep rooted alliance. And to be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Russia backed out the minute it meant war with the US.

One more thing to keep in mind is what happened the last time a powerful former enemy made an alliance with Russia. The last time that happened Russia's so called ally went and invaded the Soviet Union. The ally? The would be Nazi Germany.

History repeats itself, and history does not seem to be in favor of a Russian-Chinese alliance.

Of course as The Middle Kingdom said, atheist nations (at least officially) aren't going to get along well with nations like Iran. Although Iran may hate the US and Isreal even more, it seems doubtful that they'll just hop on the bandwagon with Russia and China.

As for India, I doubt they'd fall inline with Russia and China. Although I'm nowhere near sure of this, relations with China seem a bit sketchy at the moment, and Indian relations with the US seem to be getting better. That and let's face it, India would never get into an alliance with Pakistan. Those two hate eachother so much they practically invented their own nukes just for the annilation of eachother.

join