It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians Find New Marajuana Disgusting, Want their Money Back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Apparently some private contractor is growing this for the government up here.

Likely some pharmaceutical company doing it as a sideline and they don't know what they are doing.

Canada is now world famous for its hydro pot, we got a lot of clandesine house up here if you know what I mean. Every time the cops find one, they start 10 more!

Other countries grow theirs outside we grow it inside.

The reason the government even allowed people to use this legally and buy it is that they provided the source and control it.

Frankly I think it is a test run for full legalization, you know buying it in the liquor store.

In the province I live in (Ontario), we have monopoly control of liquor and beer sales. The government sells the liquor (world's single largest buyer of spirits), and the beer producers jointly own the wholesale and retail distribution of suds. I hate this system but they are all union jobs and there is a big entrenched system in place to topple.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Personally i cant take Mary Jane i have tried it 3 times and each time i inhale i cough they a puke
but anyone who takes is cool.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've never been a big fan of it myself. Just used to go for the harder stuff when i was a dumb kid.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Every time my younger bro asks me to try it again i say "nah its cool buddy u have it,i'll just waste it!"

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yeah, i think it's the taste or the smell or something, but i can't take it, i feel like i'm going to puke my head off.

Why is marajuana the choice of these people why not a narcotic?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think the high is best for them it makes them wanna sleep! stupid hey? the whole point in taking a drug is to have fun isnt it?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

LOL Yeh man, there is nothing quite like Valium, love the stuff. All my experiences with Salvia haven't been good. You have to get the really powerfull versions of it .

salvia is great # if u smoke it right, use a butaine lighter?? it has a really high burning point u need to use butaine lighter or some sort of base which burns hotter than a nrmal lighter

also to goregrinder, if only they'd let me grow for them then there'd be nobody complaining, however i heard that they had enlisted to skills of one marc emmory to grow for them, but that musta been bs cuz he's a genius when it comes to pot, he wouldn't grow that crappy #

next something about canada being known for it;s hydroponic pot, thats not very accurate, most of the best pot is grown outdoors, the plants are more stressed, u have to be an amazing grower to grow good with hydro, u can grow moderate amounts and potency but never anything amazing unless ur highly skilled and u have the equipment, canada is known for it's high potency pot grown in BC in the mountainous areas cuz they grow hearty strains and the light frosts stress the hell outa the plants and make'em real potent, upwards of like 28 percent THC variants,
soils better than hydro all the way in my mind

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
in response to goregrinder and drunk's conversation, there are multiple tastes and variations of harshness of smoke, and there are also different buzzes, not all of them make u wanna sleep, lol actually very few do, theres the electric body buzz, theres the numb buzz, the head buzz, the thinking buzz, the giggle buzz, and then theres the odd energy buzz

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Never used or tryed it myself, I still prefer alcool, but it seems to be a matter of taste

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This reminded me of something i read in the September 2003 issue of High Times. Right on page 30 theres a picture of some spelunker types standing in a mine shaft in Flin Flon. In the first test they used a bunch of confiscated seeds from drug dealers. I didnt think a good bag pot had seeds anyway. Heres a quote,

"The Second Run, grown last year from the two most promising strains from the 2001 crop produced potent buds containing 20-25 percent THC - well above the 13-18 percent the researchers from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research had intended."

10 bucks says they sold off the first crop 'cause it wasnt good enough. Now that the researchers dont want the second crop of stanky danky, Canadians are going to luck out. I assume that THC content is enough to give you visuals. Patience Canadians, patience is key. Id pay $150cd for an ounce of 25% THC buds anyday...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The difference between "relevent" news issues regarding Canada versus The USA is pretty funny.

Bottom front page of my newspaper "Canadians Find New pot Disgusting, Want money back"

While on the front page on an American newspaper you will almost undoubtetly find "Bush.. er Al Quaida Strikes Terror into the hearts of many yet again."

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
its cause you canadians are world renowned for your BC hydro, not outdoors as banjo says. a frost stops vegetative growth in plants, it doesnt make them stronger. ill agreew that stress causes plants to become heartier and produce flowers as quickly and as strongly as possible, but frost and cold temperatures are not what causes canadian outdoor buds to be good. its the short days at the end of the summer season. besides that, i always thought the definition of hydroponic was grown without use of a traditional growth medium, meaning soil. thats why many hydro growers use rock wool and other complex substances to grow their weed. growing weed in the forrests of british columbia might be a good idea during summer months, just like it is across the united states. but canada is known for its hydro, indoor, whatever else you want to call it. you can find good canadian buds any time of year in some parts of the US. thats cause nova scotia, new brunswick and BC are all huge producers of hydro grown strains. they call upon years of experience growing with the latest technology. you try to buy a hydro system in the states with your credit card and you can expect the DEA to come smashing down your door soon after. not in canada. many of the most up-to-date systems are developed there.

I cant believe canadians are disgusted with their pot, it may be schwag by there standards but in the US southeast thats some high mids if not low kine buds. i wish i had those standards. smoking mexican dirt sess can broaden your views...

I met a dude from Saskatoon while i was visiting calgary last december and he was a really nice guy (meaning he was always up to discuss US-Canadian differences without being biased), even tho ya'll are the most underrated province in canada, at least i think ya'll are the most down to earth. saskatchewan is where its at and im planning a trip there right now. besides, saskatchewan is also known for its huge fields of hemp. youre an inspiration to all of us americans, why cant we grow hemp? the THC content is basically nonexistant and you can do everything with it. its the most versatile plant in the world. you central canadians have the right idea, wish the US government would see it this way. Hemp is possibly the next great revolution, or at least a major part of the green revolution of which we are currently in, dont you think? too bad big money corporations stand in the way. id buy up stocks quick in a domestic hemp company here in the states, they'd pretty much run the place in a matter of years...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
also to goregrinder, if only they'd let me grow for them then there'd be nobody complaining, however i heard that they had enlisted to skills of one marc emmory to grow for them, but that musta been bs cuz he's a genius when it comes to pot, he wouldn't grow that crappy #

Marc Emery is definitely NOT growing pot for the government. In fact, they all still hate him here for going out on a limb, opening his own coffee shop (which they would bust every couple of weeks) and starting the BC marijuana party.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yeah no kidding. why would marc emory do anything for the GOVERNMENT?? hes been persecuted by them in past times for owning his seed bank. if i was him id say to hell with you guys, im a success internationally and i do my part for the canadian portion of humanity.

they should employ some americans who lack the counterculture backing like jorge cervantes. they could get some skills up there in Flin Flon and bring them back to the states where credentials and experience are needed to sway our dumb "war on drugs" policies towards decriminalization. someone with connections to NORML and media outlets like High Times like jorge.

That would piss alot of canucks off but hey, there are a fistful of great growers and activists here who need some experience with decrim. and perhaps finally a voice will be given to the 650,000 plus americans persecuted every year for simple marijuana "crimes." An answer to the question of what kinds of possibilities does decrim. give the american populace. all we need are ideas and persuasive arguments, something to sway american voters in general. i think the canadians are the answer to our drug (namely cannabis) policy problems. it may be obvious to everybody, but im just putting thoughts into words.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
insite,

you know what yur talkin' bout man.

Canada is now hydro heaven for weed.

Frankly the stuff just puts you to sleep so if you a healthier way to do that than just buy hydro pot man.

The best pot I ever has was about 20 years ago right from Jamaica, that stuff actually got you high if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i have a few friends from kingston jamaica, thay cant stop talking about the "bubblegum." apparently it tastes just like it. now if you want the worlds premier outdoor cannabis, jamaica should be your first stop. they put so much love into cultivation down there, its a big part of the culture i guess. kind of like how canada's starting to become. ah well, enough dreaming about this stuff, time for class..

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
BC is also famous for its vaporizers. they cook the buds so that the cannabinoids flow freely out of the structures of the flower. you can inhale deeply on what seems like warm air and feel the full effects. never tried it before but i damn near got pneumonia once from smoking too much so i really want to pick one up. trouble is theyre around $90 US, unless you know how to make one, i dont.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hey maaaan...Canadians know quality.

Now let's see them bring some into the Government as well!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join