It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Agent behind fake uranium documents worked for France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/09/19/wn iger19.xml

The Italian businessman at the centre of a furious row between France and Italy over whose intelligence service was to blame for bogus documents suggesting Saddam Hussein was seeking to buy material for nuclear bombs has admitted that he was in the pay of France.

Italian diplomats have claimed that, by disseminating bogus documents stating that Iraq was trying to buy low-grade "yellowcake" uranium from Niger, France was trying to "set up" Britain and America in the hope that when the mistake was revealed it would undermine the case for war, which it wanted to prevent.

I know this will do very little to quiet the "I hate Bush, Bush lied!" crowd, but it's an interesting development nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good article thanks

As I do with all other news article's I am a little skeptical and will take it with a grain of salt for now until I can find more articles about these new findings.

As for the bush haters, nothing will quiet them down short of a lynching................

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
As a non Briton, what is the political stance of the Telegraph? Is it about like American "tabloid" press reporting headlines about the skull of Moses being found in someone's attic? Do they have any journalistic standards, or are they a gossip magazine along the lines of US rags like "People" or "Us?"

Does this paper publish stock quotes and weather forecasts, or just "UFO army seen of Capitol" type headlines?

Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It looks like that's what America gets from saving a country from a dictator not ONCE but TWICE.

I hope that this is followed up aggressively and France is shown exactly how much of a sniveling, pathetic country it is.............

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A lot of stories start there that never go beyond there if that tells you anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
sort of like the old "Spotlight" (your window on washington)?

Except maybe covering for the admin, instead of accusing it of crimes against our precious bodily fluids?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

As a non Briton, what is the political stance of the Telegraph? Is it about like American "tabloid" press reporting headlines about the skull of Moses being found in someone's attic? Do they have any journalistic standards, or are they a gossip magazine along the lines of US rags like "People" or "Us?"

Does this paper publish stock quotes and weather forecasts, or just "UFO army seen of Capitol" type headlines?

Just wondering.

The telegraph is an online equivalent of your average ordinary newspaper you'd find in any major city in the US. It's certainly not a tabloid. As far as their political stance, I have no idea.

DirtyDevil - before you call an entire group of people stupid (generalizations are ALWAYS a bad idea) you may want to spellcheck your sig...specifically Mr. Gump's name.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Actually i don't know dr_strangecraft i have seen lefty sites link to articles that are there. It shows up on rense.com and whatreallyhappened.com from time to time with some Bush bashing or environmental stuff. I don't know what the hell it supports but it does have a lot of disinformation on it's web pages.
Gump wasn't supposed to be there that would have got me in trouble thanks for pointing that one out. Generalizations are pretty accurate when it comes to them thou.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You say this is a legit news service? Do they just run anything? Freepers often point to this story yet no other news outlet ever covered it.

telegraph.co.uk

[Mod edit ~ Shortened link]

[edit on 26/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The telegraph is a VERY left leaning newspaper.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Dronetek, I have no idea where you are getting your info from, but the Telegraph is actually the opposite- a very conservative paper. For the record, I am a non Briton but have lived there for about 20 years.

The Telegraph was traditionally the paper of Empire. It usually takes a pro-Conservative (meaning the party), pro-Monarchist editorial stance, although the recent shift of Labour politically to what some call New Labour leaves the Telegraph increasingly disassociated with support for either party. It is a broadsheet, not a tabloid. It's journalism is generally good. It is more or less the political opposite of the Guardian or the Independent, and one of probably the four most reliable papers in the UK in terms of journalism (The FT, The Independent, and The Guardian being what I consider the other three.)

Of course, a lot of "conservative" Americans like to call anything European liberal, because non-American liberals and conservatives do not consider purely social policy (ie, abortion, gay marriage, religion, etc) to be a foundation of the terms' definitions.

-koji K.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by koji_K]

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
The telegraph is a VERY left leaning newspaper.

Not sure where you got this idea from byt the Telegraph's nickname is The Torygraph.

As in Britains Conservative party. Here's a few quick quotes about the Telegraph collected within seconds from Google.

Asked by the Guardian, "Will the Telegraph continue to be the house-organ of the Conservative party

It is thought of as right wing and out of touch.

I am not a big fan of the Telegraph's traditional and right wing views,
Sorry, you were saying?

Jak

[edit on 26/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just noticed that this article is over a year old. Why do I not remember this from a year ago? Doing a google search, it sure looks like it was very widely covered by major news, I get 798 hit on the article title.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So articles that come from an either left or right media source can’t be taken seriously? Funny, it doesn't seem to stop a certain crowd here on ATS.

Also, can anyone tell me what those little gray messages on random post are?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be interesting if it turned out to be true...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong. I always thought it was a very liberal paper.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
maybe this will solidify to members like ANOK that bush didn't lie....he was just deceived by a supposed ally in france. jerks.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Decieved by a supposed ally eh? You mean America takes France so seriously, and that the word of the French government holds so much weight in the American government, that this current administration would actually allow itself to be deceived by them?

Welcome to ATS you neocon apologist. You are in good company here.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Decieved by a supposed ally eh? You mean America takes France so seriously, and that the word of the French government holds so much weight in the American government, that this current administration would actually allow itself to be deceived by them?

guess Bush decided to give the Frenchies one more chance as he say about compassion. i guess the Frenchies decided to make another joke on the Americans.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
See, I told you you were in good company here.

One thousand apologies...

For a group of people so full of hate for the French (among others) your elected leader sure does jump when they say "yellow cake".

[edit on 26-10-2005 by cargo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join