It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Taxis/Troop Carriers- The AVCEN Jetpod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Has anyone out there seen the proposal of flying taxis?. There is a british firm called AVCEN who is inventing a small plane called a Jetpod. The jetpod is not just a taxi , there are going to be other variants such as an ambulance , a private jet , and a military variant that could carry infantry squads. The military variant looks like some WW2 crash glider that used to carry troops and equipment. There is also an unmanned rescue variant with VTOL capability.

I doubt they will be manufactured at the end of this decade but it would be good if they do. Anyway it all depends on politics and funds. Inventions that are somehow ahead of our time always somehow seem to fail but if they do get accepted they happen to come back a lot later.

Anyway check it out

www.avcen.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Browno]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LISTEN UP BOYS! This site does involve the military too, I guess it does sound mad 'Flying Taxi' but it should also serve the British Army by next decade.

I guess you guys out there dont seem to be interested about this becouse i didnt put anything military on the title of this subject.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
looks good

i like the way they presented the whole thing in that video clip

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
high speed low level recon eh? i highly doubt it. I agree that these types of ideas never seem to take off in just 4 years or a lil more. Now if they got a company like airbus or boeing interested in helping out it may just work.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As soon as I can find an issue month I will post it. Popular Science ran a several page story on this subject-"flyiing taxis". But also pointed out their other intended uses.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I saw that Popular Science article as well. They had it up on their web-page a few months ago, but I can't find it now.

They do have one short story here;
www.popsci.com...

It's about an "All Digital Air-Taxi", but there is another more extensive story that does the topic more justice.

new topics

top topics

join