It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA UFOs: Will Civilians See UFO's in Space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have seen many of the postings of NASA footage puporting to show various UFO's in flight. There is allot of emphasis that NASA and the Government have a lock and key on space and these UFO's.

--

Well for those who didn't follow the Ansari X prize and
X Prize Cup. There is a New Space race. Civilians will not need big governments and huge aerospace companies to get into space. By the end of the decade, private businessmen and civilians will be able to charter flights into space and see things for themselves. Billionaires Paul Allen (Funding Scaled Composites) Jeff Bezos (Amazon.com) and others are behind some of the most ambitious start ups. There are easily 25 start up aerospace companies world wide engineering and producing civilian transportion for space flight.

So my question is.....

Is there a reason why Civilians will not see these UFOs for themselves?

[edit on 26-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken those are sub-orbital flights. Still, yes I do think people will see things up there that they are not supposed to. I predicted in another thread that one of these private space flights will end up being some kind of disaster and that will put a quick end to private space flights.

The people in power can't afford for the passengers to return to Earth with diarrhea of the mouth, and worst of all pictures they can disseminate.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am placing my bets that once we get civilian transportion in space, the sightings in space videos will be seen in a different more scientific light. We will learn about more exotic space phenomenon and it will be put to rest.

At that point people will look even more creatively at the Mars lander mission photos for UFO or Alien evidence. They already do, but as their turf shrinks, it will be at an accelerated rate.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
How far away do you think we are until a person (billionaire or not) will be able to make a private sub-orbital flight into space. One would think as long as the government knows when and where these flights will be taking place, they will be able to control a good percentage of what they don't want us to see up there. Also it would be cool if some of our neighbors who might be monitoring our progress decided to wait until we made one of these flights and decided to "show off" a little for eyewitnesses! I think the Gov. would have kinda a hard time putting a cap on that. Weather ballons don't go that far.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twice Fooled
Also it would be cool if some of our neighbors who might be monitoring our progress decided to wait until we made one of these flights and decided to "show off" a little for eyewitnesses! I think the Gov. would have kinda a hard time putting a cap on that. Weather ballons don't go that far.

Yeah, and here's something else. If one of these private S-O space flights does see something and ends up being shot down, who's going to know any better? I wouldn't step foot on one of those flights for anything. You're just asking for it!

Peace

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Didn't think about that. Makes you feel very powerless on a larger scale. No matter how far we run, dig, jump, or crawl, the cage and cage handlers are always there watching.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Twice Fooled
Also it would be cool if some of our neighbors who might be monitoring our progress decided to wait until we made one of these flights and decided to "show off" a little for eyewitnesses! I think the Gov. would have kinda a hard time putting a cap on that. Weather ballons don't go that far.

Yeah, and here's something else. If one of these private S-O space flights does see something and ends up being shot down, who's going to know any better? I wouldn't step foot on one of those flights for anything. You're just asking for it!

Peace

Can you imagine the conspiracy theories for who shot down the private space flight.Government or UFO??????????
Personally i think UFO's will make themselves known to most of the populationwithin the next couple years and private space flights wont be a factor in proving their existance,if im wrong however the possibilities in this area are endless and private aerospace in general will be instrumental in many huge discoveries of many origins.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories for who shot down the private space flight.Government or UFO??????????

That's just it, officials will just call it a mechanical failure or a fuel tank exploding. They'll be on the wreckage so fast that nobody will really know what happened.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Surely (well hopefully) if the founders, and private investors have the intelligence and resources to start this, they also ahve the intelligence and resources to include some type of "black-box" device just for that type of situation.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If its blown up in space wouldnt the wreckage be gone and if not once the first private flight was shot down,who's gonna do that second flight to collect said wreckage...Not this guy

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If its blown up in space wouldnt the wreckage be gone and if not once the first private flight was shot down,who's gonna do that second flight to collect said wreckage...Not this guy

Jim, I think these are sub-orbital flights. Gravity still applies, but I could be mistaken. I don't think these craft travel outside our atmosphere. They would then have to deal with re-entry/heat issues.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thats what i get for thinking in theory,forget the obvious,not the first time..wont be the last...thanx Doc

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The beauty of these private companies is that they are cost effective. NASA is already using Spaceship One to test Boeings "over budget" X-37 program.
Reality is NASA and the aerospace giants have been operationaly dysfunctional since about 1991. Without saying too much there are money pit programs that will be cut in the coming years.

We are working directly with one of these aerospace upstarts. These young companies will pick up the slack and be the real innovators of space travel. NASA's role will be simply to facilitate program operations in support of these private endeavors.

A billion dollar boondoggle test craft slung under a practical million dollar mother ship

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Personally i think UFO's will make themselves known to most of the populationwithin the next couple years

We've been hearing that one for YEARS now. We're still waiting. If civilians see UFOs while up there it'll only be because they are not used to seeing orbital debris. All the so called "UFO" footage the believers say are alien craft are nothing more than shuttle and or orbital debris. Some people need to get real for Pete's sakes.

Tom

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think its not just 'in general space' or around the Earth. Nasa is the only organisation to land rovers on mars and others have tried. So whats the conspiracy there. The most annoying thing though about civilians is why cant they get a focused shot on the UFo's we do see, specially with modern digital cameras etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The real question to ask is who is doing the real covering up, the Government or the aliens?

do you really think that our puney little government has the power to cover up a being which can travel at 13.5 times the speed of light?!

Mod edit: format

[edit on 27-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomastro

Personally i think UFO's will make themselves known to most of the populationwithin the next couple years

We've been hearing that one for YEARS now. We're still waiting. If civilians see UFOs while up there it'll only be because they are not used to seeing orbital debris. All the so called "UFO" footage the believers say are alien craft are nothing more than shuttle and or orbital debris. Some people need to get real for Pete's sakes.

Tom

Thats just my opinion Tom,you dont need to share it but when you say orbital debris i would expect that to mean actually orbiting,theres some fairly great NASA footage of things doing alot more than orbiting and theres some in good focus to Munro.

Graystar i think UFO's and whatever is flying them will get and do pretty much whatever they wish and we'll only know what they want us to know..similiar to Government but on a larger scale.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I ahve to agree with you both. If an alien civilization tens of thousands of years beyond us technologically decides to make themselves apparent to the public they're gonna do it. I think the only thing the government is covering up is the fact they know of the existence of alien civilizations, and covering up thier own secret toys.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Some people need to get real for Pete's sakes.

Tom

Who;s pete??

Am joking...

But the way this "debris" moves in not normal. what about the sts over africa? where they formed a hexagon shape. debris?? not me.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Some people need to get real for Pete's sakes.

Tom

Who;s pete??

Am joking...

But the way this "debris" moves in not normal. what about the sts over africa? where they formed a hexagon shape. debris?? not me.

O.K., you win, they're alien spacecraft. Now all you have to do is prove it.

Good luck with that.

Tom

P.S. To the "staff" of this site, put me on your ignore list. I have a feeling differences of opinions are not welcomed by some of you. Get over it.

new topics

top topics

join