It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I beg to differ, Blairs speech last night was quite different to anything he has said about Korea. It was his body language as much as his words. I'm not saying we will be involved in an attack tomorrow or next week or anything but if you saw the speech, there was clear intent in his words instead of the usual hand wringing.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I doubt Blair will be stupid enough to go to war with Iran. Yes, I did see the speech last night and the "Powers that be" are probable angry with Iran standing up to Israel. Yet, they know, just like anyone with an I.Q. over 60, that going to war with Iran will make Iraq look like a summer holiday.

Unless the British Goverment - and a few others, wish to see terrorism increase and more bombings in our own Nation's to happen they will not go to war with Iran. It is that simple.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by waynos
Well, the comments I posted first off are pretty explicit in that Iran needs to be stopped and he's getting us ready for Britain to be involved in stopping them. A UK invasion of Iran is clearly nonsense but, as with Iraq, Blair seems to be trying to take the lead here.

Whilst diplomacy obviously comes first there appears to be a clear shift of emphasis which I noted above.

Blair also said North Korea needs to be stopped, is he getting ready to be involved in that too? Your looking for things that are not there. Blair is not trying to lead this to war, because the British is Clear It cannot afford a war with Iran due to our Economy UK will not break itself for Iran. As i said, dont look for things that are not there.

Exactly. A war with Iran will be far from the pushover Iraq was. For starters, they have decently equipped, trained and dedicated military, nothing like the shameful state Iraq's was in prior to our "invasion".

It would bog down into a war of attrition. The terrain, "home advantage", stretched supply lines, lack of troop numbers and possible international and domestic ramifications would put a stop to any plans for the UK to go into Iran, unless it was a "last resort" like with Germany.

Even then, we were not prepared or finacially able, even with the Empire.

And hopefully, the final nail in the coffin for any "pre-emptive" crap that Bush/Blair come up with would be the huge uproar that would have at home. I know for fact that unless we are directly threatened, or otherwise coerced into war, the British people would have none of it.

We have had our fill of war through the ages and to be honest, no one wants to go back to the days when we bury a generation of young men for the whims of international bankers, tyrants and shady politicians.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
Freedom_for_sum,

Your cocoon must not have air conditioning. Far too many times have I seen you tuatologously insinuate that Islamic members of this global society are vehemently adamant to take control of the world, and each time coupled with isolated instances of local Imans declaring concerts of war, or statistical numbers of Islamic members in western societies which seems to be appreciating as the days go, tatamount to the number of Hindu's and Christians.

I've learned not to take your remarks seriously, and I would suggest other members follow suit.

Luxifero;

I've taken the time to provide accurate and plentiful references that support my position. You, however, have provided nothing except 5 dollar words and a condescending tone which seems to indicate that you are very high on yourself and like to hear yourself talk. You have provided nothing substantive supporting your claim and I urge others not to take MY or Luxifero's word; but rather, go do your own research. As a starting point, I suggest Jihad Watch.org.

Edited for quotation fix

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Again, Freedom_for_Sum, why won't you answer our questions? You seem to be dodging around the issue, especailly of the link you posted earlier.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
One other thing luxifero;

If your going to quote someone it might be a good idea to reference the individual you are quoting. You're implying in your previous post that I stated the following (I didn't):

Last I heard Islamic priest/s had given Osama the green light to use nukes against the US. Why would they do that if they know it is highly possible that the US will respond using nukes also if this happens?...

The Mullahs in Iran are Islamic extremists, and so is the president of Iran. It isn't too far fetched to think that they would use nuclear weapons against Israel if they had the chance to use them.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Again, Freedom_for_Sum, why won't you answer our questions? You seem to be dodging around the issue, especailly of the link you posted earlier.

Odium;

Please repost the questions you are referring to. The thread has grown significantly since I was last here and I may have missed them.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No problem.

The question was, how many of those [Islamic] terrorist organisations came into existance after we invaded Iraq? Because at least three people here, have gone through several pages and found the majority of them are in Iraq, are part of one large organisation and didn't exist in 2002.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

No problem.

The question was, how many of those [Islamic] terrorist organisations came into existance after we invaded Iraq? Because at least three people here, have gone through several pages and found the majority of them are in Iraq, are part of one large organisation and didn't exist in 2002.

And as I have corrected many people before, the vast majority of terrorist acts committed either today or in the past 100 years have been done by non-muslim, political groups.

So stating that nearly all terrorists are muslim, then backing it up with a spurrious list containing little cells is a complete lie.

What about ETA, or the IRA, or the UDF, or FARC, or those Christian fundies in the US, or Indian Communists, or the Nepalese Moaists, or the Red Brigade, or those Greeks with the date as a name (can't remember)?

Want me to go on, or do you see my point? It also matters how you define a terrorist act....... You yanks seem to forget that you supported the IRA as they were "fighting for Independence"...right.....

[edit on 28/10/05 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
You yanks seem to forget that you supported the IRA as they were "fighting for Independence"...right.....

IRA were "freedom fighters" to the Yanks.

Its funny how the American government has forgotten about its home grown terrorist such as neo-nazi, anti-government, Christian extremists, Anarchists,etc.

As Nerdling always said, if this is a war on terrorism, you would of nailed the Klu Klux Klan.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"Iran standing up to Israel"

Odium-You have got to be kidding-I hope.

Since when does calling for a country to be "wiped off the earth" equal standing up to them.
It is calling for genocide.
I would guess that the Iranian president is trying to be the next Hilter.
His speech has been condemened by almost all world leader-even many muslium counties.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So what?

You do not think it was genocide when the American's worked at destroying Communism?

Genocide
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

Last I checked, there was a lot of plans to contane and remove the Communist threat. That was a political ideology like Zionism. Again, something not only limited to Iran. In fact, the idea of a War on Terrorism is genocide on their political ideology...but shush.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So what?

You do not think it was genocide when the American's worked at destroying Communism?

Genocide
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

Last I checked, there was a lot of plans to contane and remove the Communist threat. That was a political ideology like Zionism. Again, something not only limited to Iran. In fact, the idea of a War on Terrorism is genocide on their political ideology...but shush.

Odium, last time I checked-the spread of comminism (as a form of government) was being stopped-not the blood thirsty murder of every man woman and child who is communist or lives ina communist country.
Get it clear-we were/are after changes in government-not to kill all their people-but perhaps you just can't wrap your twisted little mind around that.

Odium, I must say you both sicken and depress me.
You support the murder of everyone in a country.
You are a sick "boy"- a real man would never suggest that.
It "was" beyond my belief that the open minded people at ATS could draw someone who openly supports genocide. I don't know if you are a muslium or not, but you sure act like and support a radical muslium terrorists and there goals.

MY GOD PEOPLE!!!!!!, he a few others are supporting genocide-pure and simple. There is no excuse for that-none!!!!!!!!

If you don't like the Israely government-fine. If you think they need to be removed and replaced with "more open minded people" fine. But they are calling for the cold blooded murder of every man woman and child in Israel

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
mrmonsoon, if you are against the actions of terrorists you yourself support genocide.

Do you both sicken and depress yourself?

And if you know anything or bother to check on my posts, I have made it clear how I wish to see terrorists, zionists, racists, et al dealt with and it doesn't involve their death at all. It is you that seems to be gunning for the destruction of Iran and the bombing of their power plants. In fact, not once have I said I agree with anyones death. Destruction of an idology can come about through more ways than murder alone, so if I was you I wouldn't put words in my mouth. :-)

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Once again and for the last time, this is the News Forum, DECORUM! The name calling will stop NOW.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Odium, I must say you both sicken and depress me.
You support the murder of everyone in a country.
You are a sick "boy"- a real man would never suggest that.

Oh dear Mrmonsoon calling people names isn't nice, i dont recall Odium supporting genocide, do you?

Are we twisting words again? wouldn't suprise me. You have a habit of labelling people, Going to Call Odium anti-Jew next? it didn't stop you yesterday in labelling me, did it now?
*wipes tears from mrmonsoon eye* Dont worry its okay, i did make you look like an idoit when you find out i had Jewish blood and im attending the NUS anti-racism conference. But its okay, mate.

But i think you need to say sorry cause i don't think Odium supports the mass genocide of a nation or race.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Since when does calling for a country to be "wiped off the earth" equal standing up to them.
It is calling for genocide.
I would guess that the Iranian president is trying to be the next Hilter.

Calling for a nation to "wiped from the map" (notice the difference) is no where near the same for calling for the extermination of a race.

Did you know, that apart from the US, Iran has the worlds largest population of Jews living outside Israel? Why would they call for their extermination? They want the land given back to the rightful owners.

Alot of Jews are against Zionists. Did you know that?

Did you know that 75% of the worlds Jews cannot even trace their lineage to the Hebrew tribes? Most are descended from converted Steppe peoples who switched to Judaism in the dark/middle ages. So saying they have a "God given right" to occupy Israel is a load of poo.

What is the difference in Zionists saying God gave them that land and Muslims saying God wants them out? nothing.

You can tell your American as you have been conditioned to believe the position of Israel to be that of a victim, when in truth they have invaded and occupied a land, expelling its people (itself a war crime, or ethnic cleansing...remeber Serbia/Kosovo/Bosnia?) for what amounts to a cultural legend.

Shameful.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Infinite-you are wrong.

He does not say what the Iranian president says is wrong or should not be done.
Almost everything he has posted shows he supports or at the very least, does not disagree with it.
He is neither upset or discusted with what the Iranian presdent calls for.

In todays news, there were rallies all over Iran with tens of thousands call for the murder of every citizen of Israel. Is he ( the Iranian president) wipping up support to prepare for a war?
Does he intend to carry out his threat/promise.

I am very upset YES!!!
I have a real fear that this foolish leader can and will start the end of the world by causing WW3 to start.

It is completly beyind my understanding how anyone can support what that president wants.

As I stated already, if you disagree with the Israely government and what it does and how it does it-fine-really.
Call for a change of government, but that is not what was done, now or in the past.
Even the Iranian -NR- admits that Iran has called for the genocide of every man woman and child in Israel many times before.
Not a change of government or change of religion or philophy, the plain and simple genocide of every man woman and child.

I don't like the government of Iran.
I think they and the world would benifite from a regiume change, but I would NEVER, NEVER, call for the murder of every man woman and child in Iran. Further more, if anyone did-my government or not, I would stand and scream just as loudly that it is wrong-PERIOD.

Finally, a good point was made here by another poster.
.Odium, Subs, NR: flat out-do you agree that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth-no bs-a simple yes or no.
If you three post you do not support the genocide of every man woman and child in Israel, I will appoligise to you three in a following post.

[edit on 10/28/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
mrmonsoon, I don't think I have ever said someone shouldn't be allowed their opinion. You know why? I support free speech, no matter what they say. Even though at least one a week, I have people tell me I am disguisting because of being mixed race, I should be killed, so on and so fourth. Yet, I allow them that opinion and the same can be said about the Iranian leader.

Do I wish to see the people killed? Of course not.
Do I wish to see the Zionist Ideology correct? Hell yes I do.

People just need to learn that their is more than one way to destroy something, especailly an ideology and stop thinking it always has to results in the deaths of people.

I would much rather live in a World, where people can call for the destruction of someone, than a world where we are not allowed our viewpoint and since millions of people want me dead - I sleep fine at night, knowing I would stand up for their right to speak and say such things as I have time and time again on this forum. By stopping them from having a voice, you'll only make the terrorist acts even worse.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In todays news, there were rallies all over Iran with tens of thousands call for the murder of every citizen of Israel. Is he ( the Iranian president) wipping up support to prepare for a war?
Does he intend to carry out his threat/promise.

The rallies happen all the time in Iran and we are only taking notice cause their President supports it. He is not preparing them for a war, he is provaking the West into making a move that will spark a war in the Middle East. Thats all he is doing. He has no intention of striking Israel, he is trying to get them to hit him so he can play the victim. Thats it.

As Stu said, Yep alot of Jews are against Zionism and there are numerous mainstream websites about it aswell.

But back to the subject of Odium apparently supporting mass genocide. There is many views the speech can be viewed and explained from genocide or by giving Palestine the holy land back. I think Odium is stating that he supports Palestine, not mass genocide of Jews in the Israel.

Is Odium supporting the movement of giving the holy land back to Palestine wrong?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join