It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Odium
Why a Scorpion?

It has never meant that in mythology...

It's an old parable, I've heard it many times over the years.

The only one anything like that is the Greek/Roman Myth and there are many different ones all involving the scorpion and why it was used. Some in a positive and others in a negative and in many of these it was more a protector role than an invader.

Is he claiming they are protecting people from the Zionists now? That's nice of him. :-)

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It is an old parable and may have been written with different creatures. It's the best I could do without actually looking for the actual story--so it may have been bastardized

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
It is an old parable and may have been written with different creatures. It's the best I could do without actually looking for the actual story--so it may have been bastardized

It is wrong.

The story is that Scorpius went into the nights sky to do battle with Orion, because Orion was talking about how much of a fantastic hunter he was and was killing many of the creatures that existed on Earth. Scorpius was sent up to do battle with him on behalf of Gaia [possibly Hera] and he won. However they were placed at different sides of the night sky because they will always be an enemy of each other and the feud is eternal.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
The story is that Scorpius went into the nights sky to do battle with Orion, because Orion was talking about how much of a fantastic hunter he was and was killing many of the creatures that existed on Earth. Scorpius was sent up to do battle with him on behalf of Gaia [possibly Hera] and he won. However they were placed at different sides of the night sky because they will always be an enemy of each other and the feud is eternal.

Different story. Can we get back to the topic folks?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

In reference to the Palistians and how they are innocent victums

Being abit anti-Palestine are we?

What about the innocent children who have been killed by Israeli troops? i remember watching a program which told of Israeli troops shooting innocent chidlren, But are they innoccent?

Infinite-Not at all.
Some on this issue have referred-directly or indirectly to the Palestinians as innocent victims- they are neither. It even was confirmed by the Palestinians leadership-that a missile was fired at the carload "AFTER" they shot rockets into Israel.
I just wanted you to realize or acknowledge this.
Israel responded to this terrorist action-no denying or spinning on it available.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Some on this issue have referred-directly or indirectly to the Palestinians as innocent victims- they are neither

So the whole population of Palestine is not innocent and are all legit targets then?Of course the terrorists are not innocent, but the normal women and child are, but have you label the whole population of Palestine the same? its worrying and alarming that you feel that there is no such thing as an innocent Palestinian. If thats the case, then you are in the realms of racism and hatred.

i would like to see what you have to say now..

[edit on 29-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Irregardless of the crisis of peace situation between Palestininas and Israel, did the new president of Iran have any business or right to call for the utter destruction of Israel; did he have the right to proclaim that Israel should be "wiped off the map"?

Is this a matter of co-existence or a matter of genocide and national destruction?

seekerof

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Some on this issue have referred-directly or indirectly to the Palestinians as innocent victims- they are neither

"So the whole population of Palestine is not innocent and are all legit targets then?Of course the terrorists are not innocent, but the normal women and child are, but have you label the whole population of Palestine the same? its worrying and alarming that you feel that there is no such thing as an innocent Palestinian. If thats the case, then you are in the realms of racism and hatred.

i would like to see what you have to say now.."

Now you are trying to put words in my mouth-since you can't spin they trurth-you are trying a new tactict-and a poor one at that-I am disappointed in you Infinite.

Of course not all of them are terrorists.
But the ones who launch rockets are.
The ones who bomb civillians are.
The ones who make the bombs are rockets are.
I might go so far as to say the ones who house/and protect them are-maybe.
I might go so far as saying the ones who group around the terrorists to protect they from what they deserve are.
If some one were forced against their will to do so-naturally they would not be included!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10/29/2005 by mrmonsoon]
*edited by mrmonsoon to refelect correct name of Infinite not Seeker-I am very sorry for the mistake SEEKER.

[edit on 10/29/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Irregardless of the crisis of peace situation between Palestininas and Israel, did the new president of Iran have any business or right to call for the utter destruction of Israel; did he have the right to proclaim that Israel should be "wiped off the map"?

Is this a matter of co-existence or a matter of genocide and national destruction?

Our little friend in Iran is trying to push the West into making the move that makes him looking like a vicitim in the Islamic world. But it failed. Muslim nations discredited and condemed his statement, even officials in Iran have aswell.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth-since you can't spin they trurth-you are trying a new tactict-and a poor one at that-I am disappointed in you SEEKER

Well, if you didn't act like someone who wasn't blessed with intelligence and knownledge, i wouldn't of thought you supported the killing of innocent Palestinians.

So you would pretty much go after everyone who showed a tiny sign of supporting these groups? even a child who doesn't understand whats going on?

What about weapons that wasn't made by Palestinians, would you go after those countries for giving them weapons or the makers of the weapons?

Whats about the countries that fund the Country? would you go after them too?

What about the millions who support Palestine across the global, would you go after them too?

Please...enlighten me more...

[edit on 29-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth-since you can't spin they trurth-you are trying a new tactict-and a poor one at that-I am disappointed in you SEEKER

Well, if you didn't act like someone who wasn't blessed with intelligence and knownledge, i wouldn't of thought you supported the killing of innocent Palestinians.

So you would pretty much go after everyone who showed a tiny sign of supporting these groups? even a child who doesn't understand whats going on?

What about weapons that wasn't made by Palestinians, would you go after those countries for giving them weapons or the makers of the weapons?

Whats about the countries that fund the Country? would you go after them too?

What about the millions who support Palestine across the global, would you go after them too?

Please...enlightment me more...

Well,
Infinite if you are so blessed-you manage to hide it very well.

Even a child who does not what is going on-PLEASE-you can not argue the facts you you spin and try-poorly-to put words in my mouth. If that "innocent" child:
builds/launches rockets, builds/ explodes bombs in civilian areas-YOU BET YA!!! Of course, that no longer makes them innocent civilians.

If they purposely surround the terrorists-yes, that makes them not innocent. I personally, however blame the "COWARDLY" terrorists who encourage or don't push the children away-knowing they are placing the children in mortal danger.

You are very good at trying to change the subject/issue-but I will not allow you to do so.

The issue was what the Plaistians (some) do.

Yes, housing a terrorist-assuming they are not forced to do so- and their bombs and rockets is "nearly" the same thing.

In the United States, housing and or adding murders-again assuming they are not threatened or forced- is a crime, punishable almost as strongly as the actual murder.

I have made very clear-to non spin artists-the difference between terrorists and those who assist them and victims of those terrorists-forced to act as shields or house them and their terrorist equipment.

So I guess the only issue you brought up was does someone(s) who help, protect, house terrorists and their equipment also terrorists-I say YES. Be clear this in no way refers to innocents forced to do these things by the terrorists.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If they purposely surround the terrorists-yes, that makes them not innocent. I personally, however blame the "COWARDLY" terrorists who encourage or don't push the children away-knowing they are placing the children in mortal danger.

Really? what about the innocent British protester who was protesting against Israel and shot for no reason? (i believe he died in the end) what about the schools that have been hit with no terrorists in them? Children who are playing in the streets and shot at? let me guess, terrorist to blame for that?

There was a program on Channel 4(UK TV) called dispatch and they stayed in Palestine. You saw what happened first hand, some Israeli troops (not all of them) shot at innocent Palestinians and killed Children who were playing in the streets. Again, is this all down to the terrorists?

I have made very clear-to non spin artists-the difference between terrorists and those who assist them and victims of those terrorists-forced to act as shields or house them and their terrorist equipment.

How do you even know they are being aided or using people as shields? You been to Palestine first hand and found out? You ever thought for a second that Palestinians aid them because they feel its the only way to fight back against Israel (Israel does have a right to defend itself too)? Palestine does not have an army to fight back when its attacked, so what do the people do?...resort to terrorism. So how do you solve the problem? try supporting the Palestine government, just as Sharon, Bush and Blair are trying to do now.

Infinite if you are so blessed-you manage to hide it very well.

Well, i wouldn't want to make you jealous

Jeez...we've gone off subject WAY too much now, lets stop talking about innocent Palestine, that apparently don't exist to some, and focus on Iran's statement...

What is the best way to solve this problem without starting a war?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Israel Air Force aircraft launched air strikes iin the Gaza Strip, at open areas and access roads it said were used by Palestinian militants to launch rocket attacks against Israel - as you also could see in the PCHR Presse Releases:

PCHR - Palestinian Centre for Human Rights

Press Release * Ref: 133/2005 * Date: 26 October 2005 *Time: 10:30 GMT

For the third consecutive day, Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) have
continued to shell Palestinian civilian targets in the Gaza Strip using
warplanes, gunboats as well as tanks positioned at the border between the
Gaza Strip and Israel.

This Israeli escalation came in a response to launching a number of locally made rockets by Palestinian gunmen at the Israeli town of Sedorot to the north of the Gaza Strip. This latest wave of attacks on the Gaza Strip has been the second of its kind since the middle of last September, when IOF evacuated Israeli settlements and redeployed around the Gaza Strip.

According to investigations conducted by PCHR, at approximately 20:30 on
Monday, 24 October 2005, an Israeli F-16 fighter jet launched a missile at
an uninhabited area to the north of al-Nada housing project. No casualties
were reported, but the missile made a large crater into the ground.

At approximately 22:30 on the same day, IOF positioned at the border between
the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast of Beit Hanoun fired a number of
artillery shells and gunshots at Palestinian areas located to the west of
the border. No casualties were reported, but Palestinian civilians were
extremely terrified

At approximately 23:30 on the same day, Israeli gunboats launched a number of missiles at a number of sites of the Palestinian National Security Forces in al-Sudaniya area in the northern Gaza Strip. No casualties or damage were reported.

At approximately 01:00 on Tuesday, 25 October 2005, Israeli warplanes
launched a missile at the office of Fatah movement in the northern Gaza
Strip town of Beit Hanound. The office was severely damaged, but no
casualties were reported.

At approximately 01:30 on the same day, an Israeli helicopter gunship
launched a missile at al-Ihsan Cultural Centre on the second floor of a
building belonging to the Solidarity Society for Community Development in
al-Shaboura refugee camp in Rafah. The missile hit a concrete pillar in the
building and shrapnel from it hit two neighboring houses. The centre, a
clinic on the first floor of the building and the two houses were severely
damaged. A third house was lightly damaged. In addition, 5 Palestinian
civilians, including an old woman and two children, in one of these houses,
and the guard of the centre were injured by shrapnel.

At approximately 06:25 on the same day, an Israeli F-16 fighter jet launched
a missile at an uninhabited area in the south of Beit Hanoun. No casualties
or damage were reported

At approximately 01:00 on Wednesday, 26 October 2005, IOF positioned at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, east of Beit Hanoun, fired 12
artillery shells at uninhabited areas located nearly 1000 meters to the west
of the border. No casualties were reported. This Israeli shelling
continued sporadically for two hours. IOF also declared the targeted area
known as al-Masriyeen area a closed military zone and prevented Palestinian
civilians from leaving their houses. This Israeli declaration remained effective until 06:00, when Palestinian civilians started to move normally but nearly 1500 meters away from the border.

Public Document

For more information please call PCHR office in Gaza, Gaza Strip, on +972 8
2824776 - 2825893
PCHR, 29 Omer El Mukhtar St., El Remal, PO Box 1328 Gaza, Gaza Strip.

Also, the IAF distributed a flier in Gaza featured a cellular phone number which Gaza residents can call to report Qassam rocket and/or mortar fire.

The flier also warned Gaza residents to stay away from launching grounds, in order not to be caught in the IAF responses.

But I think this is offtopic, again.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
*Sighs*

Can we get back on topic now, i would like to know of member's ideas on dealing with Iran and relations in the middle east

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A Civilian area is a civilian area, no matter how they like to dress it up. By doing what the terrorists do they in effect are themselves terrorists.

It is in reality that simple.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
mrmonsoon, earlier on in this very thread you tried to put words into my mouth as well.

When you are able to take the high ground, take it not a day before.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Seekerof]

How would he destory them?

He is not the "Head of State", he doesn't control the military or their [assumed] project to build Nuclear Weapons. If you were able to see the report by the BBC last night, you would see the man in charge of their Nuclear Program spoke out against his statement...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Again, Odium, as I have steadily stated over and over: this new president is only saying what has been and still is the current policy of the Mullahs, who run and govern Iran. He is a a mullah-mouthpiece that is simply openly spouting what the others before him, including those mullahs, have continually asserted concerning Israel and its destruction.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A number of officials rushed to support Ahmadinejad and reiterated the mullahs' bellicose positions.

Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Commander in Chief, Maj. Gen. Rahim Safavi said, "Our president's words were those of our nation," adding, "They [world powers] cannot tolerate the President repeating remarks by the Imam [Khomeini] and the nation… Our nation approves of their President's words… We hope that in a sensible way, the several hundred thousands Zionists [in Israel] be expelled from Palestine."

Mullah Mohammad Niazi, head of the National Inspectorate Organization, added, "These policies have been set by the Imam and the officials of the State. The President is duty bound to move within the State's framework and continue along that path."

The resolution read at the rally, organized by the IRGC yesterday, had stressed, "The position of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran that Israel must be wiped off the map is the definitive and religious edict of the His Eminence the late Imam and all Muslims, especially the heroic and revolutionary people of Iran. We firmly support the President's remarks."

Iran: Mullahs' regime reaffirms Ahmadinejad's call for destruction of Israel

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Riwka, I can also do the same and show Islamic officials who do not support him. Both in Iran and outside, again like most people you wish to see the worst in everyone from that single Nation.

If all of the Iranian Goverment is a mouth-piece, they would have not been able to speak out against the President. Like the embassy in Moscow did. If you then see two different views coming, it means that people can have their say and you are suppoting the idea it is coming from much higher up. If it was, why wouldn't they have said it themselves? These people are fairly open on their own views...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join