It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran's President Calls For Israel's Destruction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Iran's President Ahmadinejad has called for Israel's destruction at a speech given to students. "There is no doubt that the new wave in Palestine will wipe off this stigma from the face of the Islamic world," he told a conference in Tehran called "The World without Zionism." His words were also carried in the state-run media, "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said. "As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,", he added speaking of the Ayatollah Khomeini.

news.yahoo.com
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What a stupid move. Bad call Ahmadinejad, you've just shot yourself in the foot big style. Any support or sympathy he might of had from Europe will now evapourate. Also the Russians and the Chinese will have to distance themselves from his government.

What was the point in saying that? Does he really think Israel is going any where? Does he really think its even possible for the Iranians to even win a war against Israel? This dude is a kook. He's just given the American's baseless nuclear accusations a major shot in the arm. Ahmadinejad has just gone on record with violent and agressive vitriole and for what gain? Every one already knew 'they were no American lackey' so why over play their hand?

Does this have anything to do with the drum beat of war coming from Syria's neck of the woods? Are they trying to pick a fight with America to make it impossible to engage Syria by itself? Who knows, both sides are now officially nuts as far as I am concerned.

[edit on 26/10/05 by subz]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've heard it a million times, read it just as many. Everyone that critisizes the US for Iran's nuclear motivations have all said that the same thing..

Until Iran directly threatens someone, then theres no reason to believe Iran is a threat.

When Israel laid down the ultimatum, the "Either the US stops them, or we will", those people came out in force. Objecting to Israel's stance on home defense. Will your opinions change now? Will you welcome an Israeli preemptive strike now that your status quos have been filled by a direct threat from Iran's President nonetheless?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
well said, quietsoul, the bottom line which could cause havoc in the middle east, appears to be becoming more clear, thanks to our 'leaders'; 'should Israel exist'.

Mind you, it can't be ignored that he still hasn't said Iran will attack them.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by sal88]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I've heard it a million times, read it just as many. Everyone that critisizes the US for Iran's nuclear motivations have all said that the same thing..

Not from Ahmadinejad we hadnt, and not from an Iranian President for at least a few years. The most vitriolic they would go on this topic is to state that they would only attack Israel if they were attacked first. Thats a complete different ball-game to this. Not since the days of the Ayatollah had we heard this language.

When Israel laid down the ultimatum, the "Either the US stops them, or we will", those people came out in force. Objecting to Israel's stance on home defense.

Dont even try to use this as an excuse to premptively attack Iran. North Korea says the same thing on an almost daily basis and they HAVE nuclear weapons. Vitriole is not a justification for war. What this changes is the benefit of the doubt I had previously given the Ahmadinejad government.

Will your opinions change now?

Yes it has.

Will you welcome an Israeli preemptive strike now that your status quos ave been filled by a direct threat from Iran's President nonetheless?

No chance. Israel has about as much right to strike unilaterally against Iran as Iran does to Israel. Lets not lose our heads here. If Ahmadinejad had anything to actually destroy Israel with then I might think a UNSC meeting should be called over this and a please explain would be asked of the Iranians. But there is still no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons regardless of this chest beating from Ahmadinejad, do we know whether or not this was to appease the mullahs? For all we know Ahmadinejad might be on thin ice with his theocrat overlords for wanting to negotiate with Europe. He is an idiot for saything this but the whole nation of Iran doesnt deserve to be punished for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I personally don't condone any attack, don't take me the wrong way here. I think the whole situation in the Middle East is a sad display of human suffering.

I was more or less speaking to all the people that said the only thing that was holding Israel back was a direct threat. And now that Iran has openly called for Israel's demise, do those people feel any different. Perhaps I could have worded it better. :shrug:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I personally don't condone any attack, don't take me the wrong way here. I think the whole situation in the Middle East is a sad display of human suffering.

I was more or less speaking to all the people that said the only thing that was holding Israel back was a direct threat. And now that Iran has openly called for Israel's demise, do those people feel any different. Perhaps I could have worded it better. :shrug:

A reasonable position to take. I assume we'll have to wait for the crowd who actually believe Israel was only waiting for a direct verbal threat before attacking to come and post

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OH, but Iran only wants nuclear tech for peacefully making clean power-LOL, what a farce.
We all knew without any question they were working on building a nuclear bomb and plan on using it.
With that said, Israel will be completely justified in destroying every piece of nuclear hardware thy have or will ever have.
Guess it is time for the Russian scientists to leave Iran.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
OH, but Iran only wants nuclear tech for peacefully making clean power-LOL, what a farce.
We all knew without any question they were working on building a nuclear bomb and plan on using it.
With that said, Israel will be completely justified in destroying every piece of nuclear hardware thy have or will ever have.

Oh of course, thanks for working it out for us all! Of course, the Iranians would announce their intended plan of obliterating Israel BEFORE they actually have nuclear weapons so that they give the Israelis a legitimate reason to pre-emptively attack them. GENIUS!

Israel has had nuclear weapons for at least 30 years. Why didn't they use them already? Infact, why has no country used nuclear weapons for 60 years? Could it be that they are primarily a really really really expensive deterrent and much too expensive, and darn right suicidal, to actually use?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

that's far too a simplistic analysis to have when it comes to the nuclear issue and you would know that if you paid a bit more attention on the threads on ATS. If Iran was after nuclear weapons then it would be a number of years (7 i think) before they would have them. I doubt they would be stupid enough to let everyone know already that they want them.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It does seem there's a bit of upping the ante going on there.....even if he's not actually saying Iran would attack Israel directly.

I would like to see our troops out of the way before these two go at it for real, but I fear Isreal might think otherwise, as might some of our own leaders.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Oh of course, thanks for working it out for us all! Of course, the Iranians would announce their intended plan of obliterating Israel BEFORE they actually have nuclear weapons so that they give the Israelis a legitimate reason to pre-emptively attack them. GENIUS!

Israel has had nuclear weapons for at least 30 years. Why didn't they use them already? Infact, why has no country used nuclear weapons for 60 years? Could it be that they are primarily a really really really expensive deterrent and much to expensive and darn right suicidal to actually use?

Subz,

True, they have had nuclear for a long time, however they have never made an anouncement that they will,"Anybody who recognizes Iran will burn in the fire of the Jewish nation's fury"

that,subz, is the real difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sal88,
It was know for a long time that Iran wanted nuclear weapons-if you read any posts in ATS or read on international news.
Furthermore, the Iranian president has clearly said what he will do with they when they get some.
I agree, it was soooo stupid of their president to so openly tell the world what he intends to do with nuclear weapons.
After this, Iran deserves what it gets.

[edit on 10/26/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sal88
If Iran was after nuclear weapons then it would be a number of years (7 i think) before they would have them. I doubt they would be stupid enough to let everyone know already that they want them.

Iran may already have Russian-supplied tactical nukes in the form of SS-N-22's, (Sunburn's) 25's (Onyx's) or later. There seems to be some questions though about Iran's ability to use them as a first offense, as the Russians may keep a grip on the "fire" button.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Subz,

True, they have had nuclear for a long time, however they have never made an anouncement that they will,"Anybody who recognizes Iran will burn in the fire of the Jewish nation's fury"

that,subz, is the real difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why would they say that? They made out like bandits when they got a country given to them by the UN on a silver platter. What would they gain by spouting rancor? There really is no difference. Iran is a theocratic state who's ruling mullahs would not allow any expensive nuclear weapons to be used to destroy Israel.

They wouldn't allow it because all the extremely Holy Muslim sites in Jerusalem such as the Temple Mount would also be obliterated. Then would come the nuclear retribution from Israel and the United States which would turn Iran's mullahs and their Iranian holy sites into glass. Such a great manouver for megalomaniacal mullahs to even consider, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Sal88,
It was know for a long time that Iran wanted nuclear weapons-if you read any posts in ATS or read on international news.
Furthermore, the Iranian president has clearly said what he will do with they when they get some.
I agree, it was soooo stupid of their president to so openly tell the world what he intends to do with nuclear weapons.

Can you do me a favour, can you show me the evidence that shows Iran is after nuclear weapons? Im sure Ive seen "strong belief" coming from the Whitehouse but no where has there been any evidence provided. If you can be a buddy and find me where some one has proof of this, or reported this proof, I would be much obliged.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So wait...

Israel says that they [U.S/E.U] stop Iran or they will. [Nuclear Power/Weapons.]
Iran says they want to remove Israel off of the face of the Earth.

Two plus two is four,
two plus two is four.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Sal88,

Can you do me a favour, can you show me the evidence that shows Iran is after nuclear weapons? Im sure Ive seen "strong belief" coming from the Whitehouse but no where has there been any evidence provided. If you can be a buddy and find me where some one has proof of this, or reported this proof, I would be much obliged.

Ok, here u go from the horses mouth-the president of Iran,"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury".
Or how about,"Israel must be wiped off the map"

Since the only way Iran could do that is with nuclear weapons.....

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Since the only way Iran could do that is with nuclear weapons.....

Or...maybe...

Yes, just maybe they might be pumping the millions of dollars worth of money they can earn from Oil into National Defence and their Air Force. Both the Chinese and the Russians will sell them arms.

In fact, the Chinese can sell them the weapons the Israeli Army use. Since Israel sold them to China.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is the same guy who took our hostages from the Embassy years ago, right? Can there be any doubt that he and his government are nothing but terrorists?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99
This is the same guy who took our hostages from the Embassy years ago, right? Can there be any doubt that he and his government are nothing but terrorists?

There is no proof of that, but rather a few media articles claiming it.

Also, under monder usage, Nelson Mandela, would have been called a terrorist for his actions.

Remember that "freedom fighter" and "terrorist" all depend on which side of the fence you yourself sit on and is a term that shouldn't be flung about so easily.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From Al-Jazeera: "As a young student, Ahmadinejad joined an ultraconservative faction of the Office for Strengthening Unity, the radical student group spawned by the 1979 Islamic Revolution and staged the capture of the US Embassy.

According to reports, Ahmadinejad attended planning meetings for the US Embassy takeover and at these meetings lobbied for a simultaneous takeover of the Soviet Embassy. " Al-Jazeera Article

From the Washington Times: "As soon as I saw his picture in the paper, I knew that was the bastard," said retired Army Col. Charles Scott, 73, a former hostage who lives in Jonesboro, Ga. "He was one of the top two or three leaders," Col. Scott said in a telephone interview. "The new president of Iran is a terrorist." Washington Times Article

I could go on and on.....he is a terrorist, plain and simple. We all saw how they treated the hostages. I have no doubt that his goal is to light the fuse on Israeli genocide.

And that "which side of the fence you yourself sit on" garbage is just that, garbage. When you treat others cruelly and with disrespect, you deserve the same in return.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join