It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Radio Wave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sitting at my computer I usually have my phone near me just in case someone phones me (they never do though, lol), I always have music playing on my computer which is fair enough you say, but when I do get a call the speakers crackle/distort which I was told ages ago was normal.

But sometimes my speakers make the crackle/distorted noise even when I don't get a call or text, before you say my speakers are simply broken, I've had the exact same thing happen with other speakers, computer speakers and normal stereo speakers.

Does this mean there are natural or un-natural radio waves bouncing around all the time?
And with the scare stories (truthful or untruthful) going around, does this mean there are potentially harmful effects from these random radio waves?

Your going to have to excuse me with this topic, as science isn't really my topic.

Thanks

Note: To my knowledge there’s no a mobile phone mast near me

[edit on 26-10-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's just your obviously wireless/cellular phone pinging to check the reception etc. You speakers will just pick this signal up if the phone is close enough. Quite normal

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
It's just your obviously wireless/cellular phone pinging to check the reception etc. You speakers will just pick this signal up if the phone is close enough. Quite normal

That's ok then, thanks for the info

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It happens alot in the car when my dad or mums goes any where they always reach for the phone oh well

new topics

top topics

join