It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictments or 'metallic chafe' re:9/11 Panel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First the definition: when a SAM locks onto a fighter jet, the pilot will deploy metal shavings, chafe flares, into his wake & veer off, so that the heat seeker will be fooled into thinking it's still locked onto something.

That's what we got with the 9/11 Commission - we thought we'd get answers/convictions/impeachments....but ended up with the chafe of unrecorded co-testimony and not a single mia-culpa.

Some are saying there will be indictments:

Indictments Coming Tomorrow; Targets Received Letters Today

An uber-insider source has just reported the following to TWN (since confirmed by another independent source):

1. 1-5 indictments are being issued. The source feels that it will be towards the higher end.
2. The targets of indictment have already received their letters.

3. The indictments will be sealed indictments and "filed" tomorrow.

4. A press conference is being scheduled for Thursday.

The shoe is dropping.

More soon.

-- Steve Clemons

The Washington Note

For those capable of smelling the blood in the water, some say the bleeding has started:

Scott McClellan Implies He was Lied to by Rove & Libby: They are Dead Meat in White House it Seems

Scott McClellan has just thrown Karl Rove and Scooter Libby to the wolves today when a reporter asked whether White House press responses could be trusted give Scott's earlier denials that anyone in the White House had anything to do with outing Valerie Plame Wilson.

My question is: Can we be confident that when we hear statements from the White House in public that they are truthful?

MCCLELLAN: I think you can be, because you know that our relationship is built on trust. And I have earned that trust with you all. As you pointed out, you pointed back to some past comments that I made, and I've talked to you about the assurances that I had received on that.

Good signs, no? That insiders are pointing to multiple indictments and the WH Press Mouthpiece is making at least arms length distances to the under demons?

Maybe not. We've seen Passion Plays ad nauseum from this group before.

PlameGate: The Fix is in

Of course, we all know that the fix is in: If anyone in the White House is actually indicted and convicted for the high crime of exposing the identity of an undercover agent -- in wartime, no less -- they will certainly be pardoned when George W. Bush finally limps away from the steaming, stinking, blood-soaked ruin of his presidency. Nobody will do any hard time; in the end, the whole sick crew will simply pass through the golden revolving door into the lifetime gravy train of corporate grease and right-wing lecture-circuit glory.

Still, it is heartening to see the fever-sweat of fear popping out on the brows of these swaggering world-shakers, these third-rate goons and half-wit cranks posing as great statesmen, if only for a little while. Fear has always been their weapon of choice: They've used it to foment aggressive war, to crush political opposition, to manipulate the electorate and to mask their own incompetence, corruption and greed. Now they're getting a taste of it themselves -- and they can't take it....

But this schadenfruede, however tasty and effervescent, is no substitute for the strong meat of justice. And even in the unlikely -- not to say inconceivable -- event that the entire pack of jackals gets herded into the hoosegow for the agent-outing conspiracy, it will not bring back the innocent dead murdered at their command. It will not restore the shattered families writhing in the pits of grief and loss, from Baghdad to Burbank. It will not be recompense for the pointless sacrifice of soldiers and reservists sent on a criminal errand, plunged into a brutal and brutalizing hell -- for nothing, for a chimera, for ideological lunacy, for the enrichment of cats already so fat they can barely stand up and waddle to the dish for another slurp of cream.

Op/Ed - Chris Floyd

I'm conflicted and will need to meditate on it for awhile; on one hand - The heights of illegality inflicted on America and the world required massive collusion - so much of it & across party affiliation from the public to private sectors, it would seem impossible for any of the numerous crimes, from election theft to payola, to be prosecuted.
On the other hand - this has been old man/upper caste/ruling elite huberis at it's finest. So complete in it's disregard for the "peons", that it's never been too concerned with covering it's tracks, and maybe the loss of two towers/1000's of American lives on American soil/10's of 1000's American service personnel maimed or dead/a FLAGSHIP US CITY/prosperity for all below a certain line.....maybe that tally has broken critical mass.

What do you think?

new topics

join