It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think would be the ramifications if a UFO did crash in Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think that if the government were to come out at this point and say that a UFO did indeed crash in Roswell and we did reverse engineer the technology, it would cause a break down in the economy and probably a war.

Because, basically it would be like saying, we have done all that we can do technology wise and unless a more technologically advanced UFO crashes and we are able to reverse engineer it, our growth is going to continue to stagnate.

There will be no cure for serious diseases, no flying cars, no fixing the ozone layer, no virtual reality, because we aren't really as smart as we have lead everyone to believe we are.

Our progress will probably peak with High Definition TV and the IPOD.

Just a little something spooky I thought I would share for Halloween

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
lol scary story
that would be sad maybe in the 30's we would say that but since the 1940's humanitys never been the same

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i wouldnt say that we would stagnate.... we certainly may not accelerate as far as technology.. but i mean look at some of the technology that is coming out soon... xbox360 and ps3... nanotechnology.... things are looking good on the technology front..
check out the link in my signature... loads of good info there..

i would certainly say that it would lead to alot of things, such as public outcry and such... but i don't think a war or the economy collapsing would be included in a list of such things.

just my 2cents though

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We were still on our way in developing many of the items that likely grew out of any Roswell reverse-engineering project, prior and leading up to 1947.

I don't think we'd "stagnate" just because of a lack of recovered alien craft...

We went from horse and buggy to flying airplanes in less than half a century, and all without the benefit of recovered craft...so I think the stagnation theory doesn't hold water......

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Much more important to think at, is the political development. Especially since this is in the start of the cold war! Things would probably turn out WAY different...

And in any way, I dont think our technological development would cease in any way. Actually this would start a whole new market/economy of alien stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm on the same plane as previours poster on technology, as far as war, I don't think so. If anything, it would cause a revolution.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Bah!

I mean that. Please give some socio-economic analysis of the world condition that would back up any of these assertions that foretell doom and gloom if the truth were known about Roswell. Here's my scenario, which I think is infinitely more likely:

1 -- Government leaks/releases information with substantial evidence proving that an extraterrestrial craft crashed and was recovered in Roswell (perhaps even Kecksburg).

2 -- Congressional inquiries are called for immediately by the so-called "concerned" legislators that are aghast at the prospect that "our" government has withheld such information from us for half a century.

3 -- Barbara Pelosi blames it on George Bush.

4 -- John Kerry whines.

5 -- Al Gore ask for another recount in Florida. This time without the aid of alien technology that allowed Bush to steal the election.

6 -- George Bush agrees that the alien problem should be studied and has formed a presidential commission to research ways in which we can tighten our borders with Mexico. He also restates administration policy and refuses to comment on the ongoing investigations. He then concludes his comments with "heh heh heh".

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'd like to think as a planet we'd be more accepting of people who claim to have seen UFO's or been abducted. Also, maybe we'd have achieved a planet wide First Contact with friendly relations with aliens.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Man give human beings some freakin credit. If you haven't noticed in those abduction accounts, aliens are way behind the biological medical curve. Chinese already created a rabbit/human embryo hybrid. We can clone out pets. So now the skys the limit. Meanwhile aliens still use destructive invasive medical procedures and resort to anal probes.

Aliens appear stuck in the late 1970's early 1980's. Mankind has superior medical procedures than alien stories demonstrate.

I will say in another 20-40 years, people will lose interest in UFO's and Aliens as modern technology eclipses the recycled stories and events of previous years. Aliens/UFOs really need to step up to the plate and give us some opportunities for great photos like the 1950/60's. Fly over Los Angeles and Washington DC or other big capitol like they did in the past. Otherwise fade into myth and lore.

new topics

top topics

join