It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Debate Tournament.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ilovepizze, debate land is no place for children, like any gladiatorial contest of the mind. It's better you watch from the rafters. At least they serve pizza there.

In other news, I had to trim my first post from 1004 words to 804. It hurt me, believe me, but the argument is intact. And of servin' and whoopin' to men: I got OIMD frying in snake oil, roasting real nice.
To bad he can't talk it up before the big fight. Might be to scared, though. I understand: Only a fool would try to hurt me with the alphabet. har har har har.

Ahem! Any more people wanna get in? 250 free points. Wow! BTW if I don't win I don't know if I'll ever live it down.
Maybe I can be a janitor at the next mental gladiatorial.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well, JB, I'm curious. Who exactly did make it in, and will it be a good show for l'il pizza up there in the rafters?
Because, no, pizza, you can't get in without that requisite U2U.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Day of the Golden Title Debate

*appreciative roar of crowd*

The gates to the debate tourny are straining! All this trash talking and silence from OIMD has built up anticipation like nothing else. The fans want in! The gates must be unlocked! Do thy will, Mod! Do thy will!
(also I have to do things later in the day and I'm all set to deliver an opening AND a 1st post right now. Youch!)

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Pssssssst

OIMD!

Sounds like delaying tactics might be in order! Throw some more salt around, get some in ktpr's eyes, and take John bull 1 out for an extra lager!

Good luck guys.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Or don't then. John bull 1 seems in a perfectly sober state to manage the caged encounter that has just commenced.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If this isnt something for children, then I guess I`m out, cause ILP is older than me. Pizza, send a u2u to john with your reason for aliens not being here. It isnt that hard to write up a 200 word statement on aliens, I`ll bet most of your posts are over 200 words. Come on man, just try out, it would be nice to have someone my age at this debate.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
xaos

Given that you acquitted yourself well last time around, I wouldn't see an issue with you staking your claim again...

I think the reference to "children" was not a literal thing to do with chronological age, it was more about perceptions of demeanor around the board, as well as part of the heel character's persona, to insult and swat away as if at insects.

These things are interesting to observe, as everyone heel has an Achilles. Except me (refer to "standard excuse").

I reckon John bull 1 has it right with the entry criteria, top marks ... sadly any member who can't spend five minutes to put together a simple argument isn't going to fare well in the debate series.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I hope our resident Pizzaman will enter too.

I have,sofar,received 4 entries.

Gazrok
Loki
Xaos
Tassadar.

But this is not a first come,first served deal.

Entry will be open all week while our title fight is raging.

I've saved all the entries on to my hard drive.At the end of the week I will post up all the entries I've received and designate each entry with a letter.So Entry A, Entry B,and so on.
Then I will ask the judges to decide on the four best and seed them.
In the event that I receive eight or more quality entries I may consider bringing in another round if entrants are agreeable.

So plenty of time to enter.The entry question is on the opening post on this thread.So why not give it a whirl?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
OK,we're up to 5 entries.So it's looking good.

As things stand the judges are going to decide whose answers are better.

With this in mind if any existing entrants are not happy with the entry they've sent me then they can refine their entry.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
have any more entries come in? I hear rumors that my good friend stumpy is all set to tear things up...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is there still time to enter in the debate?
If so ill fire off that PM and let the games begin!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There is still time to enter.

I have received 6 entries so far.

Basically as long as the final is in progress entries will be excepted.

15 judges will give their verdict on the final(they know who they are)

But all the entries will be posted anonymously and only the original 7 judges will decide which 4 will take part in the new contest.They won't know who has written each entry so it doesn't matter how long you've been here.It is a level playing field.

So there is still time.The entry question is on the opening post on this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
huh? only 4 people, why not like 6? so only one person is left out.

Hmm I better write up a 200 word thingie after I do my last reply, which is coming right up, all hot and fiesty.

<< 1   >>

join