It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 2,000 U.S Dead Milestone Reached In Iraq, Draws Some Sympathy From Iraqis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The official U.S death toll in Iraq has reached 2,000. The American Senate observed a minutes silence to honour the dead soldiers. There has been mixed reactions by Iraqis who learned of the death toll from Arabic satellite news agencies such as Al Jazeera and Al-Arabiya. "I hope the number of Americans who die goes even higher," said Omar Ahmed, a Sunni. Whilst others were more sympathetic, "The Americans liberated us and they will help us to rebuild our country." said Hamid al-Sumaysim, a Shiite.

news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Some Iraqis sympathized with U.S. forces on Wednesday after hearing the American death toll in the
Iraq war had reached 2,000. But others noted that many more Iraqis had died in the conflict and said they hope the U.S. "occupiers" will soon go home.

A day after the somber milestone was reached, insurgent attacks continued. Four militants hiding behind a mosque shot and killed a government official as he drove to work Wednesday, and an Internet statement claimed Al-Qaida in Iraq has abducted two Moroccan embassy employees.

The 2,000 mark was announced Tuesday, and the U.S. Senate observed a moment of silence in honor of the fallen Americans.

"We owe them a deep debt of gratitude for their courage, for their valor, for their strength, for their commitment to our country," said Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

2,000 U.S soldiers dead. Was it worth it? 30,000 Iraqis dead. Was it worth it?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
oh hell yeah it was worth it....if youre into oil or weapons business especially.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Iraq Sunnis seek US pullout as deaths mount

Iraqi Sunni leaders said on Wednesday they would focus on pressing U.S. forces to pull out after failing to block a controversial constitution, hoping a U.S. death toll of 2,000 will encourage Washington to withdraw.

"Our political program will focus more on getting the Americans out of Iraq," Hussein al-Falluji, a prominent Sunni who took part in talks on the constitution, told Reuters.

"Our message to the American administration is clear: get out of Iraq or set a timetable for withdrawal or the resistance will keep slaughtering your soldiers until judgment day."

Source:
Reuters

Sympathy for the Devil?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So because they failed to block the constitution, they will go back to being the dog-pigs they were last week? Is that the only other course of action they know?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So because they failed to block the constitution, they will go back to being the dog-pigs they were last week? Is that the only other course of action they know?

They could invade America to get their point across

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I take a moment of silence for all the soldiers that went over there to defend America and its interests... a prayer to their memory

I ignore all the soldiers that just went so that they could "shoot some o dem arabs" they just got what they wanted...and more so...

I do hope that we get the job done, whatever that is... I still can't see what that is yet... but I am sure our government will tell us what our goal is, as soon as they figure it out...

Oh, and i suppose that we should mention a prayer for the THOUSANDS of dead iraqi civilians that got caught in the middle of our unit measuring contest... (ours was bigger, but ugly as sin)

[edit on 26-10-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Two pieces of information coming out of Iraq this week:

In a first-ever for Iraq, 78%% of voters approve the new constitution

US death toll from Iraqi conflict reaches 2,000

Guess which one receives the most attention from the MSM?

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

from subz
They could invade America to get their point across

They could dream.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They could dream.

I guess that proves people of your like don't really care for the Iraqi people.

So, why did we go to Iraq?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

They could dream.

I guess that proves people of your like don't really care for the Iraqi people.

So, why did we go to Iraq?

I guess you can jump to conclusions all night long if it suits your fancy.

You may "care" for scum that intentionally target civilians; I don't. And it doesn't matter whether they are Sunni or Irish or whatever.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
2000 US dead with over 30,000 Iraqi's
what does that equal to?
15+ Iraqi's for every US personale killed

sad that their deaths were for jack all except for a the jenda of a few people

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm at least happy to see that Iraqi's seem to share the view of the U.S. as Liberators.
I'm sure the soldiers who died will not be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The exact number of dead is Total 2,119 US Dead (includes 144 US dead in Afghanistan during Iraqi war and 1 dead at Guantanamo of non-hostile cause).

If you follow the link, there is a calendar of dates they were killed, as well as their names, hometowns, and cause. (Not)Surprisingly, alot were killed by friendly fire.Photos of the soldiers KIA, some not available

Click here for the dates, and causes of deaths in Iraq

Say a prayer. Very tragic

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If people think that the voters with a 70%+ majority approved the consititution is a good thing, you might want to ask the sunni's and what they think about it now that they have basically become 2nd class-citizans in Iraq. Kurbs and Shiites get the oil fields and the money from them, while the Sunni's get a bunch of sand

Most Iraqi's that were "liberated" were allready used to living under Saddam and found a way to survive. THat same liberation kicked the Iraqi Soldiers and Baath party member into the street, and did nothing to prevent them from looting.

The country is actaully in many was worse off now then it was under saddam. ANd all it took was 2000 US soldiers to pay the ultimate sacrifice. Soldiers are TRAINED to obey orders. With the small hope an dtrust in thier leaders taht if they DO have to make that sacrifice, it would be worthwhile.

The bottom line is the cost was far too high, and the pretense for invasion were wrong. ANd now we have a President that is "Play-acting" and doesn't have the balls to admit he made a mistake.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
If people think that the voters with a 70%+ majority approved the consititution is a good thing, you might want to ask the sunni's and what they think about it now that they have basically become 2nd class-citizans in Iraq. Kurbs and Shiites get the oil fields and the money from them, while the Sunni's get a bunch of sand

Do you mean, ask the Sunnis that refused to vote, and brought that upon themselves? Fortunately for them, the new constitution has provisions for amending it, so all is not lost for them.

Or is it a better idea to allow them to kill, kill in order to get what they want?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
doesn't matter if they refused to vote in the interm elction. Only 20% of the population is Sunni. So it wouldn't have mattered. So now you have a Civil war agains the Sunni's that have no power, no resources, and nothing of value. Getting bombed almost everyday by suicide bombers. while the Kurbs and Shiite's control all the wealth of the country.

How can anyone think this is a good consitution when it legalizes discrimination against an ethnic group because it is a minority?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I dont see what the problem is.

The Shiites are 60% of the population. The Kurds are 20%. The Sunni are 20%. Thus, it is only natural that the Shiites have more say. Thats what representation based on population is all about.

People seem to forget that during Saddams reign, it was the minority Sunnis, who happily abused and supressed the remaining 80%. They got the high hand for decades under Saddam. Now they are throwing a temper tantrum because their big hero has been brought down, and they are going to have to play nicely and accept a smaller portion of the ruling.

The Sunnis are behaving like spoiled crappy little kids who dont get their way, so they are gonna blow us all up.

Someone send the Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance to Baghdad.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How many people from the same cohort (say males age 18-28) have died, stateside, over the same length of time? Anyone know? One of the very large causes is auto accidents. Yet we seem to bear the burder of driving cars without though.

Whats the death rate for the same cohort?

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ACTUALLY... According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Fatality Facts 2004 the statistics show 38,253 total died behind the wheel of an automobile, I can't find age specific stats, unless I google it state by state and thats a little much. But Good Ole Gdubya, didn't make them Drive. Soldiers had no choice in their deployment. Or Iraq's occupation, which is what makes this so much more of a travesty

[edit on 10/27/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
[edit on 27-10-2005 by jad007]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You may "care" for scum that intentionally target civilians; I don't. And it doesn't matter whether they are Sunni or Irish or whatever.

Did we go to Iraq to help the scum, or the civilians?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join