It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion of the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

You lost me when you stated that the whigs were anti-slavery. Go back and restudy dishonest abe and how pro slavery he was prior to becoming president.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer The Whigs had two basic planks in their platform. One, that the government should invest in infrastructure, roads, canals, and such. Second, that slavery was wrong. The Republican party was a child of the Whigs, and if anything, more forceful about it. The Democrats broke into the Southern Democrats, who selected their own Presidential Candidate. Who won all the Southern States. The Northern Democrats, who barely made a showing. Look at the investment in infrastructure under Republican control. The Trans Continental Railroad, and improved National roads and the telegraph system were among things they either created or supported. Lincoln was basically live and let live concerning slavery. He had his doubts about the free slaves. Mostly because they were uneducated, and possible subject to manipulation. He did not challenge the laws as those were in his time, such as Southern States having slavery, but there is no indication that he liked the situation. A lawyer by trade, he respected the law even if he thought it unjust.

(post by b1brightnow removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN

edit on Jun 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN

edit on Jun 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think the republican/democratic party should be burned to the ground and rebuilt,,,,Trump is doing that for the republicans and Hillary is making the democrats worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here is my thing, the republican party needed someone to burn it down like trump is doing, bad thing is , there is no way to get out all of the bible stiffs like Romney, Graham and the Bush paradigm. So the pubs now have Chris Christy and a few other desirables. The democratic party is actually burning as we speak, I wish they could replace their whole entourage as well as the pubs. Both sides need honest people that aren't so damn partisan, collaboration can be a good thing. As for the pubs, anything is better than what it was, before it was the gay, weed and abortion hating party, now its the late term abortion hating party, trump did the pubs favor if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond
have a question that maybe you will know the answer to, since you are so up on voting fraud?? I keep hearing about all these dead people voting. my husband passed away a little over a year ago. I alerted social security and the dmv when he passed, but should I have also contacted the voter registration office or did the dmv take care of that, like they did the registration.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Imo, the Republican party is to fascism as the Democrat party is to communism. Establishment Republicans want corporations to control government & Democrats want government to control corporations. I believe Republican career politicians know how to run a business & most Democrat career politicians do not. Trump use to be a Democrat & Hillary use to be a Republican. The main difference is Trump is not an establishment career politician. We've been under fascism since 1913 when the Federal Reserve Bank was created. Prescott Bush even helped support Hitler's rise to power. Every economic downturn & war has a direct link to the Federal Reserve Bank. Politicians have not upheld the constitution since before this time, even though they took oaths to do so. We have lost our constitutional right to due process & are now presumed guilty until proven innocent instead of presumed innocent until proven guilty. This was enabled from our loss of our constitutional rights regarding privacy & property.

Imo, we can fix this & the solution is not too difficult. The 1st thing we must do is stop voting for career politicians. Political office is a service not a career. Trump was one of the first steps in this. The 2nd thing we need to do is implement term limits. The 3rd thing we need to do is implement a separation of corporations & state, in order to finally put an end to both fascism & communism. The 4th thing we need to do is end all federal government social programs (welfare, SS, healthcare, education, etc.) & use that money to implement a national wage of $30k per year to every citizen who is over 18 years old, makes less than $50k per year & has a net worth less than $300k. This will enable the poor to have basic needs like food, housing, healthcare, education, etc. & can be done without increasing taxes. This is just a basic idea & some parameters/requirements will need to be altered/implemented.

Under a national wage there would be no need for a minimum wage at jobs & no need for employers to be required to offer health insurance. It can be bought through the free-market. It would also deincentivise poorer people from having children in order to receive money from the government. 2 parent households would benefit over single parent households, helping to re-instill traditional family values.
edit on 24-6-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join