It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why it's so hard to belive in UFO's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There are many types of UFOs seen in pictures , however I can argue that the " Blurry Lights " as you call them started the U.S. investigations into UFOs when the "Foo Fighters " began to be reported by Allied Air Men in World War II.

Seriously , what does it even matter whether or not the public would or would not have been interested in UFOs?

The Military and our Government were , and they were interested well before Kenneth Arnolds sighting or any UFO pictures had been made public.

Your assumption that the world is full of Physicists that already have all these problems and anomalies solved is unfounded also , if that was true why then are there only about 20 people on Earth devoted to finding NEOs that have the potential to wipe humans off the face of the Earth?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
From my previous post
"Senseless and unfounded accusations of cover ups do not qualify as evidence. If people want answers maybe they should get off their behinds and away from their computers and do some serious research for once"

I won't divert this discussion with NEO's as thats a whole other subject altogether. It just humors me to no end people calling out government "Cover Ups" concerning NASA videos. There is a world of qualified talent out there that can aid in explaining the natural phenomenon we see in those videos. I know it sounds like an irrationale solution to utilize this talent when conspiracy theorists prefer the comfort of uncertainty of not knowing. Unfortunately in my view this is not the best practices to promote denial of ignorance.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Yet we can see clear evidence of a contrail and identify it as somesort of airplane. Most people take videos of UFO's and they appear to be only a few thousand to a few hundred feet away. Not tens of thousands of feet in the air.

You can only clearly identify it because you already know it's an airplane,you're already comfortable with the existence of airplanes,you know what airplanes do,and you've seen enough airplanes to recognize it's visual effects in the air. Thusly your mind views it with pre-set perspective. If it was an unknown object photographed with the exact same camera at the exact same distance you would see it differently because you would have no suggestive frame of referrence in your mind to view it from. Flip it the other way and show these same pictures to someone who's never seen an airplane and don't believe they exist. To those people they suddenly become poor quality,inconclusive photos. They'd probably assume it was a comet large or close enough to be seen in the day or a really bad photo-manipulation. You cannot even see the actual airplane in these pictures. It is only your mind filling in the blanks from what it already knows that allows you to recognize this as an airplane. And by extension recognize contrails.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Good point loungerist. I think people are afraid to even conjure the idea of extraterrestrial life be it in the form of UFO's or whatever. I have never seen a picture on this site where everybody agrees that it could be a UFO. There is always a skeptic. This person or people hide their fear of the unknown by explaining away everything regardless of any evidence presented. Its not a question of beleiving but rather becoming aware, that seperates people. I guess I can't blame people for being afraid, its perfectly natural.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join