It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus survived, would Christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
shihulud if you just go by manuscripts you are limiting youself by not taking into account the natural decompisition of parchment. Almsot every historion dates the bible by its accounts and referancing the kings and years between recorded in, then comparing them to archeological sites, or finds. so what happens when the dead sea scrolls eventually disappear? or what if they were never found? that does not make Judeo-christian history bunk.

Might as well throw out an oral traditions too, and we are left with nothing but new age movments for "true religion" that you can find at your local bookstore

Thats a bit hypocritical is it not, can you give any other evidence for the existence of Jesus except the bible??? I use whatever means of evidence to prove my point, if I use only manuscripts then I have deduced the evidence contained to be sufficient. But I dont only use manuscripts.
Biblical chronology is hard to date as there is only a few dates that are varifiable and using other cultures i.e Egyptian to aid in biblical chronology is suspect at best.
The Dead sea scrolls might disappear but the information the contain will not, also I never said Judeo-christian history was bunk its probably quite accurate, its the spiritual quality that I question.
Why throw out oral traditions? They can be one of the best sources of information once the crap has been removed. As for 'true religion' I wouldnt like to say but why should Christainity be the right one when there are older religions??

G

[edit on 4-11-2005 by shihulud]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join