It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wow I just got a strange email yesterday, I wonder if its real. Has anyone else gotten something like this before??

(Mod Edit)
Telephone: (Mod Edit)

Attention : XXXXX XXXXX

I wish to use this medium to get intouch with you, I am Barrister Muhammed M Yaya, a solicitor at law.I was the personal attorney to Mr.J.P XXXXX , a national of your country, who was a Contractor and have spent most of his life in my country. He was also a share-holder of the Mobile Gas Company in Lome- Togo West Africa.

Before the death of Mr. J. P XXXXX, he was one of the best client that I have ever had, he past away on the 21st of April 2003 together with his wife and their only daughter, they were involved in a car accident along bagida express road here in Lome-Togo.

Since the death of my late client and his family, I have made several
enquiries to locate any of his extended relatives, but all this has proven unsuccessful and after several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name on the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the assets and capital valued at US$10.500.000 left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the (U.T.Bank) Lome-Togo, West Africa.

The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of Kin or have the account confiscated within the next twenty Official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of his relatives for over two years now, I now decided to present you as the Next of kin to the deceased since you share thesame last names, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you to be shared aamong i and you..

Immediately upon the receipt of your positive response, we shall then
discuss the sharing ratio and modalities for transfer.

I have all necessary informations and legal documents needed for you to apply for claims of this fund with backing from chamber as a witness that you are the rightfuly beneficially of the fund and the next of kin to my late client.

All that is require from you is your honest co-operation and fairplay to enable us see this transaction through and at which time, I guarantee you that this transaction would be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law and your country too.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Best regards,

Barrister Al- Muhammed Al- Mustafa. Yaya

Mod edit: to remove phone number and address.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Fraud!

Report it.

JAK

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A long time ago I foolishly put my email address for a friend on his website... uhnnghh... won't be making that mistake again.

I still use the address, but my spam filter gets through about 100 - 200 emails a day, many like the one you have posted.

I can't say I have lost any sleep fretting over lost fortunes. It's standard rubbish, I just bounce (purely to hopefully annoy just a smidge) and delete.

Jak

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What's so weird about this email? That kind of fraud date way back before the internets existed. They want to trick you into giving them your bank account number, then they will empty your account. Simple as that.

Just ignore, or report it to the FBI if you wish, but I think they won't bother investigating due to international laws and corrupted banks in Nigeria not cooperating.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
What's so weird about this email?

No I edited the title to remove the name of the sender. My limited brain power couldn't think of anything better than "weird" at the time. Excuse me while I get back to drooling on my keyboard. lol

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh, roger that. I like drooling on my keyboard too. Do not dangle the mouse by its cable or throw the mouse at co-workers.

top topics

join