It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the US invade Syria or Iran without ammo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Remember the thread, not too long ago about US troops using 250,000 bullets for every insurgeon killed?

That all the US ammunition companies couldn't keep up with demand, and they had to import bullets from Israel?

Well how I ask, can the US invade Syria, Iran or anything if they have no ammo???

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why can't they?
In the opening days of the "war", the ratio will be a little more efficient. afterward, the goofing off will begin again.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Laser weapons with solar powered rechargable batteries!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That thread abouit 250,000 bullets was horrible inflated counting things like training rounds.

Believe me if the US wanted to invade Syria or Iran running out of bullets would be at the bottom of list of concerns.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Even if that was to be the case, then production would be ramped up again.
More facilities could open to take advantage of the demand for ammunition.

Demand = $ Cha Ching

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I imagine it also means more jobs, you win some and you lose some. But yeah, hunting insurgents in disguise and fighting an army in open combat that is neither as large or as well kitted out are quite different kettles of fish altogether.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Most militants in Iraq hide in building and shoot from windows. Of course it will take a lot of bullets kill them. RPGs and JDAMs aren't always around when you need or want them.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
No way the US will ever run out of bullets!

Boots on the ground yes! Bodies for bags - NO!

To invade another Islamic country is madness in the extreme, even by US standards.

God forbid Bush ever takes you down that road. It will be a disaster that reverberates round the world!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
simple answer they wont , IF they do want to invade they will create a sufficiently thck supply pipeline that will meet the expected requirements AND set a side a healthy reserve

the 250K / casualty has been demonstrated to be faulty logic - why are you still using it ?

and as pointed out - ammo demand would be the least of thiier worries

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I can easily buy 50,000 rounds of 5.56mm off the net right this very second. Somehow I doubt that military would allow that to be the case if they were reduced to throwing rocks.

The military is also contractually obliged (I think) to purchase quantities of Israeli arms and equipment as part of an offsetting agreement.

Believe me, there's no shortage of small arms ammunition in the US, we're awash with the stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The Big Bomb is a good method.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A number of years back a very big secret in the early days of inflight refueling was that there was a problem with the system. Thus meaning that the readiness of our long range bomber and fighter performance was in jeopardy. This was a carefully kept secret...they didnt want any clue out till the solution was found. This problem was long since repaired.
Dont you people think that if we were down to our last bullet it would be a state secret. Does it ever occur to you folks that this is misinformation??? Misinformation with a purpose.!!!??
If the scenerio you people propose was in fact happening you could not get gunpowder and primers at the stores. All ammunition would be sold out. Reloading supplies would disappear. I know this because I am a reloader and can get ample supplies.
If you are concerned with this ..go to a local Wal Mart at the sporting goods section and see if ammunition is in short supply or your local hardware store if they carry ammunition.
Those of you who are reloaders go to your supply stores and see if the cubboards are bare. If you are concerned with this scenerio stock up now while it is available. It will be a negotiable instrument when that time comes.
And some of you think before you post.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
orange and ranger are both right.

i can get 1000 rounds for my colt ar15 right now for $160.00 here:

www.georgia-arms.com...

among many other places. prices have gone up some over the last year, but it is still readily available. notice that there is no limit to the number of rounds you can purchase.

new topics

top topics

join