It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US airforce will soon start testing the predator C soon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
surge in new business is forcing General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) to slow development a bit for the newest version of the Predator unmanned aerial vehicle.

Predator C, billed as a more capable version of the MQ-9 Predator B, had been expected to take its first flight by the end of 2005. But that key event has now been moved to "the beginning" of 2006, according to a GA-ASI spokeswoman.

The spokeswoman attributed the delay to the company's need to focus on other new programs, including its recent wins in the U.S. Army's Extended Range Multi-Purpose (ERMP) UAV competition and the U.S. Homeland Security Department's Arizona border patrol UAV competition.

ERMP was an especially dramatic victory for GA-ASI. When the Army awarded a contract to GA-ASI in August to develop the Warrior UAV, a Predator derivative, it indicated that it was more than doubling the expected buy, going from 60 UAVs to 132 (DAILY, Aug. 9, Aug. 10).

GA-ASI has kept a tight lid on details about Predator C, except to say it will fly higher and faster and be stealthier than Predator B. Predator B, which the U.S. Air Force recently began fielding, can fly above 50,000 feet and achieve speeds of more than 220 knots.
source

Okay I just found this, because I was wondering if they were continuing the predator program. Its pretty cool I guess, things just keep on getting better.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
personally Im looking forward to when the Airforce test A2A seeing as Can has or did put pressure on the forces saying it would buy A2A Ucav's. I would really like the Ucavs if they had a sort of mother control ship etc, but back to reality.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
if they had a sort of mother control ship etc,

They're called command centers. But if you are really interested in controller aircraft, then check out this article.

Article link

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, this discussion dates back a long time but I still haven't seen something from Predator C. Did they stop or concentrate on another platform...
JE

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I haven't heared something from this new Predator C yet...Could be that it is not launched before 2010 because G.A. first wants to get a ROI on his B version....especially in Europe...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This program fell of the radar screen, so to speak, in a hurry. Either it went "black" and it is currently in late development/early production or it was cancelled. The latter seems unlikely as everyone was adamant it would fly in 2007, not to mention there is no report of it being cancelled.

I would be interested to see what Intelgurl has to say on the subject.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
First flight was in April. I think you're looking at IOC in mid- or late-2009. It's basically just a big Predator with SAR and four hardpoints for Hellfires. No reason for it to go black.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Did some looking and a few of the Block 0's deployed to Iraq in June. Nine total should be in service before year's end. Still in SDD. The Block 0 does not have the auto take-off/land or the TCDL.
The Block 1 just completed it's first auto take-off/land.

top topics

join