It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Piggy banks not P.C. anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There's always a select few, isnt there...

How ridiculous! Call me un-pc but not only do i gobble up pork, i love piggy banks and will continue to have them.

Silly. I havent sued McDonalds either.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Exactly, one only has to read the title of the 'news' article.
"Muslims win toy pigs ban"
Muslims were not lobbying to change the icon use of a pig in Two banks.

I can't believe how many people are coming forward and saying whats next? They will take Christmas? Get real, read the article 'they' aren't doing anything. It is the bank who only wants to get more money.

That's definately a valid point. I posted this artcle from work so i kind of did it in a hurry. I wish I had taken a step back and planned it out a little better. When I read the original story it was the P.C. issue that got under my skin. I really had no intention of starting a Muslim bashing thread. I guess they're just an easy target in these tense times.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Could a mod please move this to PTS and let it die....

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yadboy, death is so final....

It is kindof a silly subject, i agree...Funny, i went to Wendys yesterday and ate Chili and in the back of my mind i was looking for a finger...

Its really out of hand

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My shots were taken at the PC crowd not the Muslims. I know that the banks did it voluntarily, the same voluntary reasons why my Christmas Club account is now a Holiday Club account.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is what I like to call the trickle effect. You may recall in September a UK man (Muslim) was offended by the packaging for sundaes produced by Burger King. He threatened to form a Jihad if this packaging was not removed.

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

JOHN INNES

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone."

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."

A Muslim Council spokesman said: "We commend the sensitive and prompt action that Burger King has taken."

news.scotsman.com...

I bet these banks are trying to prevent a similar incident.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Marg, you are sooo ight about the "black " coffee....next it will be Milkless coffee, or Afro-American coffee? When will it stop...

I know some African Americans who have no problem when they are referred to as black. I think the only problem they have is with the "N" word, and i do not blame them. Its like calling a hispanic a spic. Thats a fighting word.

There should be respect which some people lack. As far as piggy banks when pigs start to complain then we should tackle that subject, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Banks endeavor in philanthropic enterprise purely for capitalist reasons!

When will it stop!?!?!

Here have a cookie.

Now calm down and reflect on better days.

You people need to prioritize. How important were free piggy banks in British banks to you yesterday? Now it's a war on something you hold dear?

How about this. They didn't want to give out the free stuff anyway, and thought this would get a little press release out of it and attract some more customers. You know, the ones that actually have the money. Arabs.

This isn't news, a conspiracy or even interesting. Apparently just another springboard to say PC police are coming to get you.

Let me freak you totally out then.

People with skin slightly darker than yours are everywhere. Some of them aren't even Christian. And businesses want their money. I know, crazy right? Their money is actually good in some places. Their filthy, dirty, unclean money. Mixing all in with your Christian money. Shudder.

Every time someone complains about "PC" they're really just complaining about capitalism. Make up your minds.

You want free piggy banks and porch monkeys back? Join some Christian activist group and boycott capitalism. Or better yet the Klan. They hate capitalism (oh sorry, "political correctness") too.

Ask your Human Resources administrator. She knows.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Its not about the money or the pigs RANT, its about us having to give an inch at a time to gradually lose the things that have always been here. It dosent matter if its Pot Pigs or Golly Wogs or any of that. Did you know i wasnt allowed to fly a George Cross from my bike during the last World Cup because the PC crew at Human Resource where i work said it would offend people. People would be offended by my show of support for England, and when i said that i was offended at not bieng allowed to fly the flag they said i was bieng unco-operative and silly.
Well im sorry but it has to stop somewhere and Pot Pigs is a good a place as any.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Janus]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Rant I am very offended by that picture you just posted I am making a complain to have it remove is not right to make fun of glass bottles how dare you.

The glass bottle associating for equal rights should be inform immediately.

By the way Dg I think black coffee should be call brown coffee.
occurs I still like my with white milk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join